So… Dotson is staying (just Dotson posts)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m stoked we’re retaining one of the best OGs in the NFL

Feel free to post about Dotson and what we can expect with this OL this season

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll keep saying Noteboom is a solid Ram & gets totally disrespected by Rams Fans.

Getting Williams was huge besides obtaining Dotson.

Now with Jimmy G as The Rams backup it looks even better.Steve Avila at Center just shows the Trust & how much they believe in him.

That’s why I’m saying having Noteboom & Big Rob as bookends really sets The Rams up really nice with Leadership as well that Andrew Whitworth left behind with those 2 Rams.

The rest is gravy if they can add depth or even resign Alaric Jackson
who would be penciled in at LT.Still with Joesph Noteboom as the perfect swingman.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He was the most important re-signing/FA signing of the offseason.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hoping his play was more than a contract year resurgence. If so our OL could be a strength

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jonah Jackson-Steve Avila-Kevin Dotson

If Sean McVay (or Stafford) abandons the run in the redzone again this year, there just may be no hope.

Psycho_X

Legend
I will just say that I love the direction they are taking on offense now. If we get a whole season out of our main players on offense we are going to set some records I think. Dotson and Avila completely changed our offense for the better last season. Then we double down and add another one of them to the interior. I will be praying to every injury god there is to please give us a whole season with this offense. It's going to be magical.

Holy crap on that other thread... I missed the end of that party.
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I’ll keep saying Noteboom is a solid Ram & gets totally disrespected by Rams Fans.

Getting Williams was huge besides obtaining Dotson.

Now with Jimmy G as The Rams backup it looks even better.Steve Avila at Center just shows the Trust & how much they believe in him.

That’s why I’m saying having Noteboom & Big Rob as bookends really sets The Rams up really nice with Leadership as well that Andrew Whitworth left behind with those 2 Rams.

The rest is gravy if they can add depth or even resign Alaric Jackson
who would be penciled in at LT.Still with Joesph Noteboom as the perfect swingman.
He doesn't get total disrespect. He's not a reliable starting option because he gets hurt way too often. He's a good backup to have at the correct price now. You are just sensitive about the subject whenever someone points out that truth. I admire the defense of him, but Noteboom needs to remain a backup that makes spot starts, that's his strength.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I will just say that I love the direction they are taking on offense now. If we get a whole season out of our main players on offense we are going to set some records I think. Dotson and Avila completely changed our offense for the better last season. Then we double down and add another one of them to the interior. I will be praying to every injury god there is to please give us a whole season with this offense. It's going to be magical.

Holy crap on that other thread... I missed the end of that party.
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK
I'm with you there. McVay has decided to build a legit line for our offense which should garner us more points with young and improved young rookies like Nacua, Avila, and Kyren returning. Throw in that I truly believe Kupp will show that he was simply unhealthy last year and we have a lethal offense. Also in the Rams defense I'll say this about the defense, we have no idea on the improvement that will be shown by the young studs that we got last year in Turner and Young. If those 2 step up, that'll help settle some nerves about the absence of AD. Remember, Turner tied AD's rookie sack totals. With that said, I hope we get Latu or Verse to add to our D line, that would make them much better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He doesn't get total disrespect. He's not a reliable starting option because he gets hurt way too often. He's a good backup to have at the correct price now. You are just sensitive about the subject whenever someone points out that truth. I admire the defense of him, but Noteboom needs to remain a backup that makes spot starts, that's his strength.
Fair enough,but if The Rams don’t resign Alaric Jackson . Guess what ,as Les Snead use to always say.
-The Rams will have to address a backup LT. so be it.

Now that AD99 has retired though The Rams have $$$ some extra Cap room to bring Jackson back & that is a beatiful thing if the numbers workout right. Noteboom to his defense though is a better player now than at anytime in his career,plus at a discounted rate compared to his past.

—Yes I believe more in Noteboom more than EVER before.Watching him play RT(RG) he handled it well.
LT is his best position & yes he got hurt his last game.That is a Very SERIOUS concern. Your 100% correct except I could see him winning The LT position if he is healthy from the start of OTA’s.

Having a quality backup like him will be priceless though & allowing another Alaric Jackson type to step up from the practice squad or draft.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I harken back to McVay saying how much he admired the end of Brees’ career with his ability to step up in the pocket. If the interior OL is smashing the interior DL, several things happen… one, it delays the interior pass rush and two, it prevents the ends from getting too wide which helps weaken contain and helps the OTs since there's less room to run stunts and the wife rush is a much longer route.

On those Saints teams, I don't remember them having beasts for OTs, but their ability to run between the tackles with Ingram and Kamara made the interior pass rush much more passive.

I like how McVay is planning to zig when the league is zagging

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of this signing and the Jonah Jackson signing, even if it guarantees we don't get Cooper Beebe.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That may or may not be the truth. I remember Rodger "Glass Shoulder" Saffold. His first 6 years he missed 28 games. Noteboom's first 6 years he missed 32 games. The difference being RS was a rookie starter and Noteboom wasn't. Rodger flicked off the injury bug to be a reliable OL. Maybe Noteboom never does. Or maybe he does. Or maybe he does for another team.

Some even say, "he's not very good when he's playing" which I disagree with completely. Perhaps it's a tainted viewpoint brought on because of the injuries?

No skin off my arse. I root for the name on the front. Whatever is best for the Rams, I'm for 100%.

To keep this on point, Dotson and Jackson along with Avila are going to produce 964 lbs of push in the middle of our OL. I like that. Adding in Big Rob (330) and Alaric's true weight (315?), gives us around 1609 lbs (give or take a biscuit or two) up front. We should all like that. Our #6 is 321 so we shouldn't lose much in a pinch.

I've heard fans of other teams (many of my friends) refer to the Rams as "the sheep". What they don't realize is a Ram IS a Bighorn Sheep and males from the Rocky Mountains exceed 500 lbs. Call us sheep all you want but just remember what you're really calling us. BEASTS!!

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That may or may not be the truth. I remember Rodger "Glass Shoulder" Saffold. His first 6 years he missed 28 games. Noteboom's first 6 years he missed 32 games. The difference being RS was a rookie starter and Noteboom wasn't. Rodger flicked off the injury bug to be a reliable OL. Maybe Noteboom never does. Or maybe he does. Or maybe he does for another team.

Some even say, "he's not very good when he's playing" which I disagree with completely. Perhaps it's a tainted viewpoint brought on because of the injuries?

No skin off my arse. I root for the name on the front. Whatever is best for the Rams, I'm for 100%.

To keep this on point, Dotson and Jackson along with Avila are going to produce 964 lbs of push in the middle of our OL. I like that. Adding in Big Rob (330) and Alaric's true weight (315?), gives us around 1609 lbs (give or take a biscuit or two) up front. We should all like that. Our #6 is 321 so we shouldn't lose much in a pinch.

I've heard fans of other teams (many of my friends) refer to the Rams as "the sheep". What they don't realize is a Ram IS a Bighorn Sheep and males from the Rocky Mountains exceed 500 lbs. Call us sheep all you want but just remember what you're really calling us. BEASTS!!
I hope he shakes the injury bug, but he's been given his chance. Those windows for starting in the NFL will vary and if a player shows to be unreliable, most coaches would replace them. Unfortunately, Noteboom has consistently proven beyond a doubt that he's an injury waiting to happen. Now that he took a pay cut, it's definitely more appropriate for him to be on our roster as he's a good backup to have. He got paid starter money which he shouldn't have ever gotten but that's water under the bridge now.

dang

Legend

FEED THE BEASTS!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

One thing about Saffold… he wasn’t so much “injury prone” as he had a congenital birth defect in his shoulder development and once his shoulders were repaired and better than new, he was a beast. I wish we’d kept him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One thing about Saffold… he wasn’t so much “injury prone” as he had a congenital birth defect in his shoulder development and once his shoulders were repaired and better than new, he was a beast. I wish we’d kept him.

Letting him go and keeping the pass rusher (Dante Fowler) is one reason why I absolutely will not second guess McVay and Snead prioritizing the interior OL this offseason, even with AD's retirement. Letting Saffold go was really bad for us and our OL woes really limited us for a couple of seasons.