Shaun Hill: “I hope that something could work out”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Appreciate what he did for us,. but I don't see it happening.

The team has shown that it won't carry 3 QBs, we need an upgrade at that 2nd QB slot, and he can't go on the Practice Squad.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Appreciate what he did for us,. but I don't see it happening.

The team has shown that it won't carry 3 QBs, we need an upgrade at that 2nd QB slot, and he can't go on the Practice Squad.

I'm thinking that philosophy changes this year with bradfords injury history I really can't see how they wont keep 3 QBs. Bradford, another vet back up and a rookie they draft somewhere in the first 3 rounds. I hope they have learned there lesson.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm thinking that philosophy changes this year with bradfords injury history I really can't see how they wont keep 3 QBs. Bradford, another vet back up and a rookie they draft somewhere in the first 3 rounds. I hope they have learned there lesson.
I was a big table pounder for them to keep 3 last year... but apparently with the 3rd QB roster exemption no longer being a thing, more NFL teams are getting away from that.

And a big part of that argument is that if you get down to playing that 3rd QB, your season is likely hosed anyway, and that's hard to argue with. Frankly, it's hard not to think of next season as pretty much doomed unless Bradford holds up.

fearsomefour

Legend
Boffo and RamsJunkie both make good points....the Rams under Fisher like to use that other game day roster spot for other positions, however, this season may have made them reconsider, maybe not.
I like Hill as a back up. He doesn't cost a fortune and is as good as much higher priced back ups that are out there. I am not totally familiar with the rules regarding the practice squad, but, it is my understanding that a another team can sign your practice squad players. So, if the Rams take a QB relatively high in this years draft they may be forced to carry three. The backups that I have seen listed as FA this year don't represent much of an upgrade to me. A guy like Glennon is not an upgrade really, but, presents a lot more upside given his age, so, that sort of deal may be worth doing.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was a big table pounder for them to keep 3 last year... but apparently with the 3rd QB roster exemption no longer being a thing, more NFL teams are getting away from that.

And a big part of that argument is that if you get down to playing that 3rd QB, your season is likely hosed anyway, and that's hard to argue with. Frankly, it's hard not to think of next season as pretty much doomed unless Bradford holds up.
Not according to Arians.

FRO

Legend
Shaun Hill played very well for a backup QB. You can do a whole lot worse at the backup QB spot than what he gave. I feel what ruined our chances was our horrible OL. Yes we need better QB play to be a top tier team, but Hill and Davis were much better than Stanton and Lindley.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

This ^. We need a better backup, and we also need a developmental guy who's more than just practice squad fodder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Problem with Hill is his age. They will get yonger at both 2nd and 3rd string.

His replacement will likely be someone with more starts in his background, and they are gonna take QB in the first 2 rounds.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Problem with Hill is his age. They will get yonger at both 2nd and 3rd string.

His replacement will likely be someone with more starts in his background, and they are gonna take QB in the first 2 rounds.
Agreed, and I hope they can trade back for and extra 2nd!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Hmmmm, I don't know. How did it work out for Ohio State this year?:sneaky: