SalPal: Eagles/Browns/Bills Were Interested in Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
hmm.. could've taken those two first rounders and possibly traded up for Winston. if they plan on taking a lineman in the first then I'd understand but if not they should've just made a move for one of those two QBs

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
hmm.. could've taken those two first rounders and possibly traded up for Winston. if they plan on taking a lineman in the first then I'd understand but if not they should've just made a move for one of those two QBs
Snead said they weren't willing to come out of any QB deal with just picks. He wanted a starter.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
One thing is for sure: These reports sure give the crowd that believes the Eagles are planning to make a move for Mariota ammunition.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Perhaps, Tampa or Tennessee would bite. But, if they stuck to the draft trade chart, #10 & #19 wouldn't be enough to get up to #1 or #2 overall.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Perhaps, Tampa or Tennessee would bite. But, if they stuck to the draft trade chart, #10 & #19 wouldn't be enough to get up to #1 or #2 overall.

But who in their right mind would trade two first round picks for Vince Young 2.0?
Surely not Jeff Fisher of all people!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Hmmmmm maybe if Mariota or Winston fall to 10 we can ship that puck to the Bills for no less than Watkins and a 3rd.

(A guy can dream, right?)

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeff Fisher admits the Browns called him about Sam Bradford

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 25, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...its-the-browns-called-him-about-sam-bradford/

Jeff Fisher’s already traded Sam Bradford, so he has no need to obfuscate any longer.

Chip Kelly has no such obligation.

The Rams coach admitted Wednesday morning what seemed apparent, that the Browns were a team trying to trade for his former quarterback, though Kelly wouldn’t confirm that the Browns were the mystery team who offered a first-rounder for Bradford.

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Fisher said the Browns didn’t offer the 12th overall pick for Bradford (meaning it must have been the 19th), and that other offers were made before he ultimately sent Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles and a second-rounder.

“There were discussions [with the Browns] late in the process,” Fisher said. “There were never really any concrete offers per se. The misconception is that it started at the combine. It didn’t. I stood up at the combine and said that Sam was our quarterback. This came well after that, several days before we initiated the trade with Nick, but there was a pick involved. There were numerous things that were discussed, different options. The compensation looked different over a period of a couple of days. I’m not going to go onto what it was, but it didn’t involve a player.”

Fisher said he wanted an experienced quarterback, which is why the 12th pick might not have done it.

Kelly, however, said only “I’m never going to discuss who we talk to in trade situations.”

Even if it’s apparent.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's no doubt that Sam has the arm and all the talent in the world to be a star in this league... he just needs to stay on the damn field.

A55VA6

Legend
I like what we got. Like Les Snead said, we got picks but more importantly we got a QB that has proven he can win games.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Browns' trade offers for Sam Bradford never included Johnny Manziel
By Pat McManamon

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...or-sam-bradford-never-included-johnny-manziel

PHOENIX -- St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday that no players were involved when the Cleveland Browns made their pitch to acquire quarterback Sam Bradford.

Which is the reason the Rams said no. To trade Bradford, the Rams had to get a quarterback in return.

Which means Johnny Manziel was never offered in the deal. Not that anyone ever thought he was. Just that it’s important to note the Browns didn’t offer Manziel along with a first-round pick.

Which means the Browns are counting on him to at least compete for the quarterback spot in 2015. Which the Browns reiterated all week at the league’s annual meetings. The non-offer on the Bradford deal buttresses the statements.

Fisher said the Browns made an offer well after the combine and a few days before the Rams acquired Nick Foles from the Eagles.

The Browns offered the 19th pick in the draft.

The Rams said no, and would not have accepted the 12th pick for the same reason — the trade did not leave the Rams with a viable option at quarterback.

“At that point, you still don’t have a veteran quarterback,” Fisher said. “Nick, for us, was a perfect fit. I had talked with Chip [Kelly] and he thinks Sam is a perfect fit so this was a good deal. For us, we get a younger quarterback that’s won a lot of games in this league, can make all the throws and is healthy. I know he’s had shoulder issues but everybody has.”

Fisher said there were numerous offers and numerous discussions, but none involved a player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think I heard Chip was a little upset they threw in the 2nd rd pk
next year.

I saw Davis Path to Draft has Rams taking MM from Oregon. I think a trade will happen then.