Saint Louis Sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Lately, a number of posters here find it necessary to bash my home town in just about any thread on any topic. I have become very irritated by it and I’m certain I speak for a good number of posters on this board. I’m sick of having to read that garbage. If you can’t respect my town, please respect your fellow ROD members from the St. Louis area and keep that crap contained within this thread.

Frankly I’m surprised that some of you don’t see (or care?) that your comments are both hurtful and useless and not at all good for community…this community. This is the sort of behavior I would expect at a certain other board that I will not name but not here on ROD.
In response, I’ve made a thread just for the haters to troll away to their heart’s content since they feel it so necessary to do so.

Please keep all snide comments and sniping of my city contained within this thread so as to avoid polluting this entire board with useless and irritating drivel.

I will not be visiting this thread so don’t bother replying to me here… I will not read it and I won’t respond.

So, go ahead and get a nut off in here with that trash but please keep that crap out of the rest of this board.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Code...this isn't the right way to go about it. I've seen St. Louisans bash LA as well, and we don't need that here. But this kind of thread isn't the way to go about it.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I agree with Mem. Code is spot on in principle, but we are all adults here and we should all be able to converse and discuss our team without geographic based insults. This kind of shit isn't needed or wanted here and we shouldn't have to have a thread to keep it all in. How about we all just realise where we are, support our team, and cut the shit.

ohiorams

Rookie
I moved to Oregon recently. It's full of fat people, slot machines in bars,strip clubs,sex shops, beer joints everywhere. It's basically real life Idiocracy. There,does that make you feel better? Oh...and it's raining right now too...again

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Code...this isn't the right way to go about it. I've seen St. Louisans bash LA as well, and we don't need that here. But this kind of thread isn't the way to go about it.
true, but it does need to leave these threads, however, i have personal experience about code's pride in his city, as he gave me an interesting late night tour around downtown, loaded with stories about st louis' history. i think he was surprised at my reactions to all the player statues outside busch stadium, i've watched a lot of them play baseball on tv in my lifetime, but overall, very engaging discussion about the city that he obviously has a lot of pride for. however, he still cant explain that pink suit thing to me. (nor could the security guard for that matter).

FRO

Legend
Let's be honest, if the Rams were in LA and the owner wasn't negotiating or even talking to LA but had a stadium plan that would be privately funded in London, I wouldn't fault the LA fans for saying screw you and staying home. Add on the fact the team has sucked for most of the 20 years.

We have to realize not all fans are wired like us diehards. We go all in every year thinking it's our year. Casual fans are reactionary. They wait for winning or good PR. The St Louis football fan base is a very good one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There are documented fans here from all over the world. We can all get along, but any city, team, coach, or country bashing should be out of bounds.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
true, but it does need to leave these threads, however, i have personal experience about code's pride in his city, as he gave me an interesting late night tour around downtown, loaded with stories about st louis' history. i think he was surprised at my reactions to all the player statues outside busch stadium, i've watched a lot of them play baseball on tv in my lifetime, but overall, very engaging discussion about the city that he obviously has a lot of pride for. however, he still cant explain that pink suit thing to me. (nor could the security guard for that matter).

I have pride in my city as well, since I'm a native St. Louisan. But we're all Rams fans here. Code's principles are correct, but having a thread for bashing is going to spill over anyway. It'll alienate posters, good posters.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not the best way about it, I understand the feeling. I hate seeing that crap too, and I wished the mods would make another relocation thread to be a lightning rod.

But this is just throwing fuel on the fire and asking to instigate more.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's just enjoy the win as Rams fans.

Thread locked.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Please keep all snide comments and sniping of my city contained within this thread so as to avoid polluting this entire board with useless and irritating drivel.
Nope.

Keep all snide comments and sniping off the board in general.
It'll be a few minutes before one of the mods shuts this down.

EDIT: Danny quick on the draw. lol.
Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.