Robinson vs Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's not a guy I would place my bets on at this point, and it was definitely the right thing for the Rams to move on from him at this point. But if he ends up being a decent OT in Detroit, it's going to be pretty damning (along with many other things) of the previous offensive staffs, and of Paul Boudreau especially.

I really wonder that the hell happened to PB, because he had a great reputation as an OL coach (and had previously done good work with the Rams) ... but man, he appears to have just really laid an egg during his most recent stint with the Rams.

FRO

Legend
Robinson was more Alex Barron than Jason Smith. Very talented and could put stretches of really good football together, but seemingly lazy and not all that bright. Both had millions of penalties. Outside of Pace, have the Rams drafted a quality offensive lineman in the last 20 years? Incognito was a good player, but an idiot. Havenstien was a very good rookie and quite possibly will rebound this year. Offensive line has been a massive wasteland of Rams draft picks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Robinson was more Alex Barron than Jason Smith. Very talented and could put stretches of really good football together, but seemingly lazy and not all that bright. Both had millions of penalties. Outside of Pace, have the Rams drafted a quality offensive lineman in the last 20 years? Incognito was a good player, but an idiot. Havenstien was a very good rookie and quite possibly will rebound this year. Offensive line has been a massive wasteland of Rams draft picks.

Saffold

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Who is this Golladay WR for the detroit lions. He made 2 really great catches.

University of Indiana. They had a good offense under Wilson. He was able to attract some good players on that side of the ball. Wilson's character came into question for breaking rules and he got canned. It sucks. Indiana had returned to being competitive under him, now they probably go back to sucking. Incidentally Urban Meyer snatched him right up. As if Ohio State needs the help. Looks like lots of teams let one slip through the cracks. Holiday looks pretty good.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
University of Indiana. They had a good offense under Wilson. He was able to attract some good players on that side of the ball. Wilson's character came into question for breaking rules and he got canned. It sucks. Indiana had returned to being competitive under him, now they probably go back to sucking. Incidentally Urban Meyer snatched him right up. As if Ohio State needs the help. Looks like lots of teams let one slip through the cracks. Holiday looks pretty good.

think you thinking of someone else. Golladay is the stud from N. illinois

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
@LACHAMP46 I understand you projected him to be a HOF because he has 'elite' skills but this door stopped more people than Robinson.
IMG_7602.GIF

UtahRam

Rookie
He's not a guy I would place my bets on at this point, and it was definitely the right thing for the Rams to move on from him at this point. But if he ends up being a decent OT in Detroit, it's going to be pretty damning (along with many other things) of the previous offensive staffs, and of Paul Boudreau especially.

I really wonder that the hell happened to PB, because he had a great reputation as an OL coach (and had previously done good work with the Rams) ... but man, he appears to have just really laid an egg during his most recent stint with the Rams.

Do you ever maybe think Boudreau was given crap to work with and that's why we're where we're at? Coaching can only take a player so far. I think it's funny people think Robinson is still any good (well besides the RAMS organization who shipped him away).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you ever maybe think Boudreau was given crap to work with and that's why we're where we're at? Coaching can only take a player so far. I think it's funny people think Robinson is still any good (well besides the RAMS organization who shipped him away).

He's the one that pounded the table for Robinson. Maybe he thought he was a rap record producer instead of an oline coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well McVay is from the Gruden roots of coaching. Jon Gruden said look at him. He gets away with holding every time when The Rams drafted him. It could have been Maylock ?

Truth though , is it still pisses me off
The Rams didn't trade back with Buffalo. Yeah - after trading up with Buffalo for Tavon which pissed me off .
Snisher drafts Hreg Robinson at #2 . When Snisher first came to The Rams they traded RG111 & traded back again to get Brockers.
The Rams had the # 2 pick again after everything they got from Washington. Why not keep it going. Trading the #2 pick was the best trade in along time. The Rams still could be benifiting from it.

That draft had the best WR core & tackle core in a long time. Aaron Donald was in that draft along with Dereck Carr.

Anyway I believe in trading back , & trusting your scouts.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Yeah. I'm glad we only played our starters sparingly. Really isn't worth the risk.

But Heath Evans said Goff needs to play every snap of every game in the preseason in order to build chemistry with his players, regardless of who's blocking for him! Lmao

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

He's the one that pounded the table for Robinson. Maybe he thought he was a rap record producer instead of an oline coach.

What KurtFaulk said ... everything I've heard squares with the notion that PB was pounding the table pretty hard for GRob. He got his wish, and apparently couldn't develop him. I think some of that might have to do with the lousy offensive schemes implemented by the last 3 OC's, but still ... Boudreau should have been able to do better if he truly was pounding the table for Robinson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Everyone who thought the Rams shouldn't have traded GRob are now vindicated. You guys can dance in the streets and pat each other on the back congrats!!! :p

Hall of Fame here he comes!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Grob is a really good dude. I'm rooting for him to figure it out.

I don't know him personally, however, what I observed is someone who was not 100% totally dedicated to his craft and felt his freakish athletic ability could carry him in the NFL and he was sadly mistaken, plus he never spent the time in the film room to improve from the neck up as well.

As for rooting for him, well, not me. I don't wish GROB any irreparable harm, but he did nothing for the Rams and my only hope to this point is the 6th round pick the Los Angeles Rams obtained in the trade turns out to be the next Tom Brady albeit most likely at another position.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks for this

@LACHAMP46 I understand you projected him to be a HOF because he has 'elite' skills but this door stopped more people than Robinson.View attachment 20955

Everyone in the NFL has talent...it's up to the coaches to develop said talent.

Remember, Kurt Warner all but said Mooch almost ran him out of the league...If Tom Brady was with Fisher....what do you suppose would have happened???

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/896828215976710144

Proves my point....dude skills were being wasted here....and he felt he had to leave...for the best for his career.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for this

Everyone in the NFL has talent...it's up to the coaches to develop said talent.

Remember, Kurt Warner all but said Mooch almost ran him out of the league...If Tom Brady was with Fisher....what do you suppose would have happened???

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/896828215976710144

Proves my point....dude skills were being wasted here....and he felt he had to leave...for the best for his career.

As I've told you multiple times this isn't the first time a change of scenery was good for a player. He wasn't good here so hopefully he can turn it around with a second chance.