Robinson highest graded offensive player yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Why Fisher let Eric Kush go
Or Reynolds

Back to the OP

Greg Robinson has in NO way been the worst lineman...He just happens to have the most penalties.

Curious he has his best game going primarily against an ex-teammate...C Long. Should have a great test this weekend. I really liked that guy from Clemson that plays DE for the Falcons.... #44....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Or Reynolds

Back to the OP

Greg Robinson has in NO way been the worst lineman...He just happens to have the most penalties.

Curious he has his best game going primarily against an ex-teammate...C Long. Should have a great test this weekend. I really liked that guy from Clemson that plays DE for the Falcons.... #44....

Thought Reynolds got hurt, IR'd, and released under injury settlement if my (admittedly faulty) memory serves me. But yeah, I would have liked to have had him around this year.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
The play I remember from Barnes was the first play of the game....Hand off to Gurley heading over Rt Tackle....DL blows right across Barnes face, hits Gurley 2 yds deep in the backfield...2nd and 13. Didn't get any better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thought Reynolds got hurt, IR'd, and released under injury settlement if my (admittedly faulty) memory serves me. But yeah, I would have liked to have had him around this year.

Vic Beasley- he blew out his knee first practice of OTA's last year.Total speed guy.Have not watched much football this season.

Real have enjoyed watching USC's last 3 games though.There QB has looked excellent.

Pissed at Fisher for bench Greg Robinson against the Saints.Funny when he moved Saffoldfrom a different guard position he hurt himself that game as well.Greg had 50 people coming out to see him play,including his mother & grandmother.--You would think he would want to play his best football in front of family.

MountainRam

Rookie
Vic Beasley- he blew out his knee first practice of OTA's last year.Total speed guy.Have not watched much football this season.

Real have enjoyed watching USC's last 3 games though.There QB has looked excellent.

Pissed at Fisher for bench Greg Robinson against the Saints.Funny when he moved Saffoldfrom a different guard position he hurt himself that game as well.Greg had 50 people coming out to see him play,including his mother & grandmother.--You would think he would want to play his best football in front of family.

No No. GRob was not benched. From Fisher:

View: https://twitter.com/vcsjoecurley/status/805941846178283521

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-6_15-48-24.png
    upload_2016-12-6_15-48-24.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 116

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Barnes hustles and plays hard, but he's a liability. I noticed him often. I notice him a lot on running plays. He tends to allow penetration when they ask him to do anything other than straight ahead power blocking.

As a pass protector, he isn't awful. But he gets pushed around a lot.

So he's more or less a mediocre pass blocker and a liability in the run game. We sorely need an upgrade there.

As for Greg, I noticed him when he gave up the sack to Long and got called for holding. The holding penalty was justified. Greg clearly grabbed the guy.

This is exactly what I have seen from Barnes every game. Gets pushed back, lacks strength and although he hustles he doesn't hit second level blocks well. He often whiffs. That is how he got those two fumbles in Seattle. He wasn't tied up blocking anyone.

I think the entire Oline has regressed. How is that possible. Remember last year when Boras took over? Suddenly the Oline was playing very disciplined football and had some penalty free games. Plus the pass blocking was very good. I expected there to be some affects from the move but I didn't expect the entire Oline to take a crap for a whole season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're thinking of Dante Fowler Jr.

TexasRam

Legend
I reviewed Grob's game vs the Patriots. I wouldn't call it a good game. He had a few stonewall blocks but can be seen many times just missing guys in run blocking. He just wasn't facing a top notch pass rusher so fared OK.

Nothing to get excited about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Every week they go up against a good defense.
Then in interview he had to add to the list. Stafford & Manning to the the list of QB's they went against.He was asked about Bree's & Brady, wondering were Matt Ryan ranks.He always say Tom like they are in a first name basis ?

He for got to add Ryan Tannihill who beat The Rams at home.with two late scoring TD drive & there best Offensive lineman
A lot of excuses . A timeout is even worse.He was left of the roster & not suited up.Saffold gets hurt & now Jared Goff takes more of a beating.
Why put Goff in this late in the season ?? Makes no sense now.There was a game early in the year Case Keenum did not even get hit .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll take a 10 yard hold more, than a 10 yard sack any day of the week.At Lear you get another play out of it.Maybe he wants the pass & ,run totals to match. That would be poor math again.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams knew 2 years ago the OL was their biggest priority They used most of their draft picks on O-linemen. After 2 years and its worse than ever, signing a vet FA or drafting more OL is admitting a failure to evaluate talent. The next option is to get new OL coaching. Beadreau should be replaced.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I reviewed Grob's game vs the Patriots. I wouldn't call it a good game. He had a few stonewall blocks but can be seen many times just missing guys in run blocking. He just wasn't facing a top notch pass rusher so fared OK.

Nothing to get excited about.

And run blocking was supposedly his greatest strength.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
GRob is a bust, I am sorry to say, and I am that fan who always felt he would figure it out. Had big hopes for the guy, but he's never going to be the LT we were hoping we drafted at 2 overall. Dude looks like he's sleep walking on many plays, his balance and footwork are garbage, and most importantly there are very few of the flash plays we should be seeing from a guy with his physical gifts with him at least blowing DL out in the run game. He's a JAG plain and simple.

I'm all for the Rams moving him inside, but that needs to come with a benching and placement at the bottom of the roster, where he has to work his way up to starting. I would not give that dude anything. Make him earn it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GRob is a bust, I am sorry to say, and I am that fan who always felt he would figure it out. Had big hopes for the guy, but he's never going to be the LT we were hoping we drafted at 2 overall. Dude looks like he's sleep walking on many plays, his balance and footwork are garbage, and most importantly there are very few of the flash plays we should be seeing from a guy with his physical gifts with him at least blowing DL out in the run game. He's a JAG plain and simple.

I'm all for the Rams moving him inside, but that needs to come with a benching and placement at the bottom of the roster, where he has to work his way up to starting. I would not give that dude anything. Make him earn it.

i honestly don't think we can get our LT picks right its like theh football gods saids you had Pace for 10 years ...what more do you

Jason Smith.. Alex Barron... Greg Robinson ..these were supposed to be our foundation of a dominant o line for years and everyone a bust

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

He might be JAG but at the moment he is our BEST guy at LT. Anyone else (minus a fully healthy Saffold from four or five years back) is a downgrade. I know its disappointing he hasnt' become what we thought he would, but he is young and he has improved from flat-out bust to JAG. Him becoming JAG is a good thing? I agree with you there; its very sad.