RG3 made a mistake choosing the Browns over the Rams and here's why - 'The Herd'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd argue that Jackson is a proven head coach. I agree with the rest of it from RGIIIs end of it. Hue Jackson is a better coach for him IMO.

From them Rams perspective...........were they ever really interested? Or just being nice?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they promised he'd start at the beginning of the season. At this stage of his career he wants a chance to prove himself. A team like the Cowboys wouldn't do that for him. The Browns will let him re-establish himself, under a coach who should make him look good. He wants to be a starter, not become a perpetual backup.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Who has ever reported the Rams offered RG3 anything? From what I have read the Browns are the only team that offered him anything and he took it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who has ever reported the Rams offered RG3 anything? From what I have read the Browns are the only team that offered him anything and he took it.
I don't think we did offer him anything, but who knows.
Last thing I read was about Fisher saying we should at least look.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think we did offer him anything, but who knows.
Last thing I read was about Fisher saying we should at least look.

Which was probably just being courteous, instead of saying we have no interest in RGIII and risk unnecessarily insulting him. Fisher is good with that sort of thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which was probably just being courteous, instead of saying we have no interest in RGIII and risk unnecessarily insulting him. Fisher is good with that sort of thing.
Probably. And if that's the case, then the whole topic of RGIII "choosing" the Browns over the Rams is just dumb.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, he got some decent money and went to a place he could start with a guy that I think will be a very good head coach.

I fail to see a mistake in there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hue Jackson made Jason Campbell look pretty decent with the Raiders and they didn't have much talent on the offensive side of the ball. RGIII has much better upside than Jason Campbell ever did

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yea, he got some decent money and went to a place he could start with a guy that I think will be a very good head coach. I fail to see a mistake in there.

The record of Browns QB's over the last two decades??? Can you name the last good QB that the Browns have started that has done well with the Browns during that time? I believe there has been 24 Brown QB's since 1999. There might be one or two...............:thinking:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The record of Browns QB's over the last two decades??? Can you name the last good QB that the Browns have started that has done well with the Browns during that time? I believe there has been 24 Brown QB's since 1999. There might be one or two...............:thinking:

That's irrelevant. Recent history may apply, sure, but going back to 1999? Unless you mean to say that the place is supernaturally cursed, which is ridiculous in its own right.

Also, RG3 is now the best QB the Browns have had since.....? RG3 has a lot to prove, but his one season was better than everything Browns recent QBs have done combined. Going from a big market to a small one will help him.

Hue Jackson will help him. No QBs on the roster right now to compete with for a starting role.

This was all good for RG3

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's irrelevant. Recent history may apply, sure, but going back to 1999? Unless you mean to say that the place is supernaturally cursed, which is ridiculous in its own right.

Also, RG3 is now the best QB the Browns have had since.....? RG3 has a lot to prove, but his one season was better than everything Browns recent QBs have done combined. Going from a big market to a small one will help him.

Hue Jackson will help him. No QBs on the roster right now to compete with for a starting role.

This was all good for RG3

I never utter a single written word about "the place is supernaturally cursed" that was on you.

Lets just say I disagree with you on how much better RG3 is over the many others & how good it is for RG3. But I do agree on the small market comment. Hue will have many issues to work on this season with the Browns not very sure he will have the time to provide the help that RG3 will need as you think. You & I will have the opportunity much later in the season to get back on this RG3 discussion though:).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland has 51 wins total in the last 10 seasons.
<Cough> guess who only has 50?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Probably. And if that's the case, then the whole topic of RGIII "choosing" the Browns over the Rams is just dumb.

Which is what I usually think about Cowherd's opinions. He's one or two levels above Bayless IMO.

@jrry32 yes of course, but this is modern day journalism in the USA. Accuracy isn't critical. LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cleveland has 51 wins total in the last 10 seasons.
<Cough> guess who only has 50?

Yaknow that little nougat of factual info right there is why I always caution our fellow fans when they bash CLE.

It's bad karma!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Jets would have been a good landing spot - IF Fitzpatrick doesn't come back.

I agree with others; I don't think the Rams had any interest.

jjab360

Legend
I'm pretty sure the report was that the Rams were never interested in RG3.

Get your shit together, Colin.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Not a big Colon Coward fan. He usually has about half the information he needs and runs with it.

Rams rejected RGme. Did ya' factor that in Colon? He didn't have the Rams as a choice.