Rd 1, pick 19, Rams Select EDGE/DL Jared Verse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Unless there was an upgrade at LT over Jackson, I'd hate it. We might need a back up RB, but I'd be for moving up in the 2nd round to land Verse's teammate (DT) from Florida State. We can't replace AD without two Dline players of high caliber. Plus, we need another good-great CB's after that, or maybe a stud ILB to complement what we have.
I honestly don't we need to trade up for Fiske, but, if we are trading up for anything (especially a DT) it should be Newton.
Wish Von Miller was still here to tutor his pass rush education
Seriously? Dude had 3 tackles last year and hit his pregnant girlfriend (allegedly)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The problem is this: hate him or not his football knowledge is valuable. And if people are going to get triggered at the mention of his name they probably need to RELAX.

Separate issue: Not getting over something for 20 years? Really?

Super Bowls are forever, you have to understand that after we won in 1999 and 2021, right? We got cheated out of a potential dynasty - the Greatest Show on Turf got cheated, players, coaches, front office people, and the fans - and the team who cheated us got it instead, and we became irrelevant for a decade while they basked in the whole "GOAT" horseshit.

Not satisfied with that, he did the same thing to two other teams (Carolina and Philadelphia) in the biggest games they had played, and fate knows how many more during the playoffs and regular season.

And THEN, after he should've been humbled by SpyGate, he does DeflateGate and cheats in a different way, proving that like a big cat's markings, he won't shed it.

Can you understand why I hate the man for doing what he did? He's no better than a common thief who cheated his way into a dynasty. I know that he knows a ton about football (I have never once denied that.), but he's always going to be a cheater to me, along with Bitchy Brady.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Super Bowls are forever, you have to understand that after we won in 1999 and 2021, right? We got cheated out of a potential dynasty - the Greatest Show on Turf got cheated, players, coaches, front office people, and the fans - and the team who cheated us got it instead, and we became irrelevant for a decade while they basked in the whole "GOAT" horseshit.

Not satisfied with that, he did the same thing to two other teams (Carolina and Philadelphia) in the biggest games they had played, and fate knows how many more during the playoffs and regular season.

And THEN, after he should've been humbled by SpyGate, he does DeflateGate and cheats in a different way, proving that like a big cat's markings, he won't shed it.

Can you understand why I hate the man for doing what he did? He's no better than a common thief who cheated his way into a dynasty. I know that he knows a ton about football (I have never once denied that.), but he's always going to be a cheater to me, along with Bitchy Brady.
He's the Houston Astros of football.

Still cannot believe they get to keep their championship.........

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I know that he knows a ton about football (I have never once denied that.),
Well, that's it, dude. The analysis was offered because of his football knowledge. It was about Verse.

If you cannot bring up a comment that was positive about a draft pick ... without it triggering people, well, it strikes me as adverse to the one triggered.

If the mere mention of the name causes you react this way, then yes, relaxing might be a good thing. Nothing will ever give you the dynasty you wanted and hanging on to the hate just cannot be healthy for you.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, that's it, dude. The analysis was offered because of his football knowledge. It was about Verse.

If you cannot bring up a comment that was positive about a draft pick ... without it triggering people, well, it strikes me as adverse to the one triggered.

If the mere mention of the name causes you react this way, then yes, relaxing might be a good thing. Nothing will ever give you the dynasty you wanted and hanging on to the hate just cannot be healthy for you.
First, I'm a lady. Please do not misgender me again.

Secondly, I'm far from "triggered"; I just don't respect Belicheat as a person. I can respect his knowledge while still regarding him as a cheat who doesn't deserve the "GOAT" title that others give him.

Thirdly, I think you're reading the room wrong when the vast majority of people here hate Belicheat, Brady, and the Cheatriots for everything they did. If you feel that he deserves respect for his opinion, that's fair, but expect pushback like me and others.

Fourthly, it's called a "rivalry". Yeah, I can hold onto grudges however long I want; it fuels me to be better than the people whom I hate. If you don't hold grudges against rivals in a sports arena - like me and many others have - well...what's the point of sports tribalism?

Finally, I'm not going to relax until draft day is over, but far from the reasons you insinuate. It's an exciting time. I'm going to enjoy it, but I'm nervous about what we're going to do. So do us a solid and please don't spoil the picks before they make them like you did yesterday, okay?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Secondly, I'm far from "triggered"; I just don't respect Belicheat as a person. I can respect his knowledge while still regarding him as a cheat who doesn't deserve the "GOAT" title that others give him.
Well, fine. That's you. Your opinion is as valid as mine. But you seem triggered to me. We disagree.

Yeah, I can hold onto grudges however long I want; it fuels me to be better than the people whom I hate. If you don't hold grudges against rivals in a sports arena - like me and many others have - well...what's the point of sports tribalism?
Some people are football fans and respect the players and coaches and the other things they enjoy. And no, I don't hold grudges. I don't believe in tribalism, especially extreme tribalism. I can root for the Rams without hating anyone personally or hating any team.

Even when I was 12 still respected Bob Lilly and Harvey Martin and so on. I respect Joe Montana and Jerry Rice later on. No, I wanted them to lose and on gameday when Rams won I enjoyed it. But at as a boy and teenagers I liked all the football cards, not just the Rams one. As an adult, I don't even think about hating someone like Beleichick or whatever. On this board, if you type a certain person's name (and team, I think( it gets auto replaced by some insult. That is weird, to me. But if that is how people are here, then that's their choice.

We just disagree on life. You live your way, hate whoever you want, I will live mine. If you push back against a Belichick post on a relevant subject like Verse, fine, but I will push back on the pushback. I posted it because I can leave emotion out of it, I can
respect the man's knowledge because it's amazing.

So do us a solid and please don't spoil the picks before they make them like you did yesterday, okay?
Well, that's fine, lesson learned, so we can agree on this one --- on other boards, it's fine and even encouraged but on here -- even though there is no rule against it -- nor even a message that can be found not to do it here. Others appreciate it, but some here do not. This is the first time I was here for a draft. Have to say the emotionality was surprising.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think that was in doubt ... I think his role would be a move TE and insurance for Kupp being gone. He's not an inline TE, he's a H-back, that is where he'll probably play. Sure, he can do other things but the meat an potatoes of his game is a "move" TE, slot, wing, motion and all that.

McVay for sure could use him ... but my only deal was "At what cost?" There have been super athletic TEs before, and they do well, but ,,, worth not only the pick you use but 2 others? Didn't see that as worth it.

McVay could have had him -- they just needed to pony up the asking price ... Falcons could have gotten their guy at 19 for example
Draft pick cost was likely too high. Plus the Raiders were hot on Penix. I doubt the Falcons risk a move back to 19.

One advantage to TEs, they don’t command top receiver money. So long term it’s a decent investment if you have a good one, even if he’s a move TE

Antonius

Pro Bowler

I’m just curious, if the Rams ended up winning that game, let’s say with a pick 6, does that cause Warner’s hand to heal in the offseason? No. My point is there were many reasons for that team’s collapse. It was a great era. Happy with how far we’ve come!

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I honestly don't we need to trade up for Fiske, but, if we are trading up for anything (especially a DT) it should be Newton.

Seriously? Dude had 3 tackles last year and hit his pregnant girlfriend (allegedly)
I didn‘t express a desire for him to start at DE or give classes on anger management

I pined for him to show the kid a couple of moves the person I originally responded to said he lacked.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The problem is this: hate him or not his football knowledge is valuable. And if people are going to get triggered at the mention of his name they probably need to RELAX.

Separate issue: Not getting over something for 20 years? Really?
Not sure why you feel the need to judge or decide how long someone should hold onto feelings about a person or what he has done.

Goodell has done a tremendous job for NFL owners' pocketbooks. I can see that while still holding ill will for how he handled the cheating.

I don't personally care how long it's been. The offenses were pretty egregious IMO, and I don't feel the need to just forget about it.

It's fine if you do. Many of us don't feel the need or justification for just letting it go.

This is a fan board - y'know...as in fanatics?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just saw this Verse had "The fastest 40 by anyone at the combine with 33+ length arms and 30+ on the bench in the last 10 years"
Also has only been a defensive end his entire football career including high school.

Per JB, Farr and Drew.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Meh. It's a game. I don't particularly give a shit about the dude except that I despise him for what he did. I really don't think it affects anyone on here's mental health.

But I really wouldn't expect many on here to let it go while participating on a Rams forum. Not gonna happen. And most of us are good on mental health. Of course that @Loyal guy...He's fucking whack.

jjab360

Legend
I just saw this Verse had "The fastest 40 by anyone at the combine with 33+ length arms and 30+ on the bench in the last 10 years"
Also has only been a defensive end his entire football career including high school.

Per JB, Farr and Drew.
Interesting. The measurables are a bit cherry picked, but I think people are really underestimating him as an athlete just because he didn't run a 4.4 like Dallas Turner

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
On this board, if you type a certain person's name (and team, I think( it gets auto replaced by some insult. That is weird, to me. But if that is how people are here, then that's their choice.
And this where maybe you need to relax. We do that for fun. It tickles me when I see the replacement names. I think most here feel the same.

This board was created as a place to feel like you're shooting the shit with buddies over a beer. In doing so, I often use terms like bellicheat, Patsies, Whiners, Tards, Shecocks, etc...

It doesn't mean we're triggered. Speaking for myself, I use these terms for fun. I tease my whiner fan friends with that term. Same with the Shecocks. They just laugh and give it right back unless they have a stick up their ass.

We flick each other shit and expect it in return as long as it's meant in friendly banter.

Maybe after some time you'll come to see that aspect of this board. I think most of us like your content. But maybe just lighten up a bit Francis. :evil:

jjab360

Legend
And this where maybe you need to relax. We do that for fun. It tickles me when I see the replacement names. I think most here feel the same.

This board was created as a place to feel like you're shooting the shit with buddies over a beer. In doing so, I often use terms like bellicheat, Patsies, Whiners, Tards, Shecocks, etc...

It doesn't mean we're triggered. Speaking for myself, I use these terms for fun. I tease my whiner fan friends with that term. Same with the Shecocks. They just laugh and give it right back unless they have a stick up their ass.

We flick each other shit and expect it in return as long as it's meant in friendly banter.

Maybe after some time you'll come to see that aspect of this board. I think most of us like your content. But maybe just lighten up a bit Francis. :evil:
I never even realized because I never thought those teams deserved the respect of their actual names. Here goes though: Niners, Seahawks, Asshole Face

EDIT: Nvm only one name got replaced and now I feel disgusting

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I never even realized because I never thought those teams deserved the respect of their actual names. Here goes though: Niners, Seahawks, Asshole Face

EDIT: Nvm only one name got replaced and now I feel disgusting
Too funny.