Rams waive Nate Ness

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
2 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Rams waive CB Ness
The Rams have waived CB Nate Ness and added QB Matt Gutierrez to the practice squad. Gutierrez had previously been with the Redskins and Bears and replaces QB Tom Brandstater, who was promoted from the practice squad last week. Ness' release opens a spot on the 53-man roster.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Kind of curious move. We now basically have 51 men on the 53 man roster(officially 52, but Bell has not been put on IR yet)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Kind of curious move. We now basically have 51 men on the 53 man roster(officially 52, but Bell has not been put on IR yet)
Might be looking for another OL. Or two. I'd check the ranks of the International Sumo Federation.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
libertadrocks said:
Might be looking for another OL. Or two. I'd check the ranks of the International Sumo Federation.

Im scratching my head as to why we didnt put a claim on OT Gather when the Ravens released him. 26 years old. Hasnt played very well so far in his career but has the athleticism upside. Id guess the cap had something to do with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember Demoff talking about an emergency reserve fund (or something like that) the Rams have for, well, emergencies. I think we're into that zone now. Gaither has some back issues and had surgery last year for that, if I'm not mistaken.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I have to agree, Gaither's situation and our cap situation. The one that puzzles me is the former pro-bowl LT McKinnie from the Vikings. He got horribly out of shape, released, then the Ravens pick him up after he got his ass in shape and he's been a mainstay for them this year. That's one of the breaks I'd like us to get one of these times.

The reason we went after Cadillac, Norwood, Diles, MSW, Leber, Poppinga had to do w/ the cap as well, we as well as the coaches figured these players would still make an impact in some way.

I know its obvious but we like every other team except the Skins had a chance on Carlos Rogers but SF was intent on getting him and wasn't he a "late" FA acquisition.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I called for Gaither too, but apparently w/ his back problems, he was also a fattie as well. So that's probably why...