Rams special teams all over ESPN radio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fake punt was smart whether they make the play or not. With the Seahawks moving at will, it would be better for the Hawks to score fast so the Rams would have 2 minutes and 2 timeouts to answer. If they punt, the Hawks have the yardage to run out the clock for a last second field goal for the win.

What wasn't smart was handing a rookie the ball without reminding him to get the first and get down. I would have called on Bam Bam myself.

I think Mason was the guy for that play. Just needs to learn to get down and protect the ball rather than get greedy. Bennie doesn't have enough speed to the edge for you to run that play with him in that situation. In hindsight, Bennie would have gotten the first but you just don't know how they'll play it in the moment.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think Mason was the guy for that play. Just needs to learn to get down and protect the ball rather than get greedy. Bennie doesn't have enough speed to the edge for you to run that play with him in that situation. In hindsight, Bennie would have gotten the first but you just don't know how they'll play it in the moment.

If so, they should have made sure he knew to get down. Rookie mistake. Wanting yards / points that don't matter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I wonder though. It seems whenever there is a pass to the running back it is to Cunningham. Maybe Mason doesn't show good enough hands in practice.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder though. It seems whenever there is a pass to the running back it is to Cunningham. Maybe Mason doesn't show good enough hands in practice.

Could be. I'd say it's more pass protection that's the reason why.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Agree on all counts. There was no way we weren't going to fake it there. I had no doubt we would...I am just stunned the Seahags didn't suspect it.
IT was fun seeing the Rams catch the Hags waaaaay off guard twice in one game!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
On the ESPN Blitz on TV last night, the first story of the night by Berman, Jackson, and Carter was the Rams-Seahawks game. While the emphasis was on what's happening to the Seahawks, they were surprisingly respectful of the Rams. See if we want to get coverage and respect by the talking heads, all we need to do is keep winning.
It was especially nice hearing 'Berman' give praise to Fassel for his research and the fake PR play!!:D