Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Bills fans are saying about losing Robert Woods.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192523-robert-woods-signing-with-rams/

Good luck Bobby Woods. Will miss you, you were a pro's pro here in Buffalo.
---------
LA guy through and through
----------
Good luck to him. Always thought of him as a poor man's Hines Ward.
-----------
Bye Felicia. Typical Rams, pay for the top BLOCKING WR, not a top 7 FA CATCHING WR on the FA Market. The suckage in LA continues lol
-------------
Good luck Bobby. He'll help that Ram running game for sure.
-----------
Love me some Woods, hate to see him go... but will watch him in LA.
------------
Woods needs a QB that can throw the ball on time. Good luck and thanks for being a Bill.
-----------
That sucks!! That was the one FA I wanted re-signed. Ugh! Good Luck Bobby.you will be missed!
------------
this hurts. I liked woods. had passion and was physical. underappreciated here. hope he does well in LA!
----------
Crap, this one bothers me. I thought he was good wide receiver depth for us and hoped that we would be able to retain him.
----------
Not surprising at all. I always thought Woods was a solid, reliable option.

Just don't have a lot of space this year to pay all these guys.
----------
No hard feelings toward Bob Woods at all. Nothing but class for 4 years, someone I'll continue to root for. Good luck to him.
----------
Rams are seriously projecting for Robert Woods to be justifying that money, even just the $15m guaranteed. Dude's never gained 700+ yards
----------
Sadly unless Goff improves tremendously, I don't see him having much better stats than what he had here and he wont be able to live up to that contract.
---------
Ouch! I was hoping that he would stay. Sammy, Robert, Justin and Walter wasn't a hateful WR corp in my eyes. Thanks for your services Robert, wish you the best!
----------
I don't like Goff but I assume Rams will simplify offense for him this year. He needs to play faster as he was lost last year.
---------
Damn!

Really going to miss Woods. He may not be a superstar, but he was a solid WR.

Good luck to him in Los Angeles.
----------
He would sacrifice his body to get the block down field. He made crazy catches but always looked like he was going to fall when he would run after the catch. Definitely going to miss him.
---------
No one has mentioned that R Woods is f'in crazy?
----------
Best of luck in LA...liked him....hope Goff can get him the ball sometimes!
-----------
Solid guy but not a game changer except one game vs Seahawks. Will miss his great run blocking and steady play.
-----------
Goodbye to the F'IN CRAZY ONE
----------
Best of luck to Robert Woods. In the right system he could thrive. Nothing like
keeping the homegrown talent. He will be missed.
----------
He's a poor man's Josh Reed.
-----------
Happy for Woods, seemed like a great pro, but that's a ton of money for someone who hasn't sniffed a 1000 yard season.
----------
No way he lives up to that contract with Goff as QB.
----------
This one hurts.

I always thought his game was much like Steve Smith. Both play/played aggressive and have/had elusive speed.

Smith had better QB play so his production seems better but Woods catches the ball just as good, and T2 is still developing.
---------
No hard feelings... the guy played his heart out here for the Bills.
----------
lot of great notes about Woods' passion and professionalism and underappreciatedness and tenacity. how about catching a football? any of that? no? okay.
----------
this sucks
----------
I personally loved the way he caught the ball with his hands and not his body. Just the right amount of pressure on the ball. Always had his hands up for it. Overall a good dude.
---------
really? You never watched him play,did ya? It's ok to admit it...
He has great hands. I've seen him catch every ball that could be thrown.And consistent.and competitive. Those are all great skills,especially for a #2. He will be missed. Best blocking WR we ever had. Maybe the best in the league
----------
Good luck to Woods with the Rams! He always gave his best here. Never one of my favorite players, and I was cool with letting walk due to economics, but he's definitely a net asset to a team.
----------
I'm glad for Woods because I think he's a good guy and an ok receiver. I'm not really upset that he left from a talent perspective because he's a cipher. Plenty of opportunity here to prove he could be a serious #2, but never seemed to get the job done. I'm sure part of that was due to coaching and the run-first scheme, but he just wasn't a guy anyone expected to step up at crunch time and help win a game for us.
---------
Good news.

Did not want to overpay for that guy.

Too many injuries and not enough big plays.

With Tyrod, Sammy and a strong run game this really needs to be a vertically stretching offense.......Woods is not a fit as WR2 despite his effort as a blocker.
---------
Woods is a middle of the pack #2 WR at best who has a real issue with keeping his feet, tripping, etc like I have never seen in a WR. He also struggles with ticky tack injuries. I was THRILLED when we drafted him, but he has been a disappointment and has never ceased his opportunities.
--------
This makes me very sad, we had one of the worst receiver corps in the NFL last year, and now it's even worse without woods or goodwin.
---------
Big disappointment woods. He won't do crap with the Rams neither. There's a football team to run and the underachieving overpriced players must be let go.
----------
Awesome for Woods. Gets to go back to LA and may get to do more than just block.

Sucks we never had a qb that was able to go through more than 2 reads for him.
---------
Why would Woods stay? No receiver wants to catch 40 passes a year and be a lead blocker on most plays.
----------
Well considering he caught 51 in 13 games this year (pace for 63 in 16 games) I would say that is a bit of an exaggeration. And he caught 47 last year in 14 games, but only 9 starts. And he caught 65 in 15 games in 2014, and 40 as a rookie in 14 games in 2013.

Seems he is about a 60 to 65 catch guy if he could ever play a full season in Buffalo which he did only once in 4 seasons. I seriously doubt he catches more than 65 passes for the Rams next year either.

He is just not that good of a player, he is a mediocre #2...the issue is now in LA, the top guy there is really a small slot WR in Tavon with bad hands. So the Rams now are going to need Woods to be more of a primary WR in which he has never been able to excel at.

I am glad we did not pay him to stay here, and while I wish him success here in LA, I just don't think his ceiling is much higher than that and that the Rams WR group is not looking too good.
----------
There just isnt any one thing that he does really well, and his best attribute may be blocking. I feel like he can be a really good 3rd WR, middle of the road #2 and poor choice for a primary target. Hope he proves me wrong in LA and living here I would like to see him and the Rams do well, but I just am not optimistic about him, especially with Tavon and his bad hands being the other WR.
---------
I'm a Bob Woods fan no matter what team it involves. Class all the way.
---------
He wasn't going to come cheap. He should have been a Bill his entire career.
The Guy is 24 years old. A gamer, and I never saw him take a play off. Bad day for the offense,
the team, and his fans.
---------
I'm happy for him. Gets to go home to LA Coliseum.

I'm also glad he went to an NFC team, so that I can safely root for him for the rest of his career.

Class act, quality player. Best of luck, #10!
--------
Good luck Bobby. Average NFL receiver but never gave less than everything he had when he was out there for us. Wish him well.
--------
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000792029/2017-Free-Agents-Robert-Woods-career-highlights
----------
156 targets, 98 catches the past 2 years playing hurt a lot, run heavy offense and a bad passing QB. He's going to do well in LA, very underappreciated and way underused in Buffalo.
----------
Sorry to see him go. Played hurt, tough, physical and really underrated by many Bills fans. I'm sure

Mama Woods is glad he's coming back home.
--------
In a best case scenario, I could see him being an Anquan Boldin or Donald Driver where the stats aren't flashy but reliable every year. I still think that Woods could be this type of player in the right system, but have doubts on whether or not the Rams are the best fit.
----------
Robert is a warrior no doubt...but the guy has not been healthy the last TWO YEARS

And they paid him starter money

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reading those comments and comments on other boards I can't wait until Goff gets all these clowns to shut their dirty pie holes.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
What Bills fans are saying about losing Robert Woods.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192523-robert-woods-signing-with-rams/

Good luck Bobby Woods. Will miss you, you were a pro's pro here in Buffalo.
---------
LA guy through and through
----------
Good luck to him. Always thought of him as a poor man's Hines Ward.
-----------
Bye Felicia. Typical Rams, pay for the top BLOCKING WR, not a top 7 FA CATCHING WR on the FA Market. The suckage in LA continues lol
-------------
Good luck Bobby. He'll help that Ram running game for sure.
-----------
Love me some Woods, hate to see him go... but will watch him in LA.
------------
Woods needs a QB that can throw the ball on time. Good luck and thanks for being a Bill.
-----------
That sucks!! That was the one FA I wanted re-signed. Ugh! Good Luck Bobby.you will be missed!
------------
this hurts. I liked woods. had passion and was physical. underappreciated here. hope he does well in LA!
----------
Crap, this one bothers me. I thought he was good wide receiver depth for us and hoped that we would be able to retain him.
----------
Not surprising at all. I always thought Woods was a solid, reliable option.

Just don't have a lot of space this year to pay all these guys.
----------
No hard feelings toward Bob Woods at all. Nothing but class for 4 years, someone I'll continue to root for. Good luck to him.
----------
Rams are seriously projecting for Robert Woods to be justifying that money, even just the $15m guaranteed. Dude's never gained 700+ yards
----------
Sadly unless Goff improves tremendously, I don't see him having much better stats than what he had here and he wont be able to live up to that contract.
---------
Ouch! I was hoping that he would stay. Sammy, Robert, Justin and Walter wasn't a hateful WR corp in my eyes. Thanks for your services Robert, wish you the best!
----------
I don't like Goff but I assume Rams will simplify offense for him this year. He needs to play faster as he was lost last year.
---------
Damn!

Really going to miss Woods. He may not be a superstar, but he was a solid WR.

Good luck to him in Los Angeles.
----------
He would sacrifice his body to get the block down field. He made crazy catches but always looked like he was going to fall when he would run after the catch. Definitely going to miss him.
---------
No one has mentioned that R Woods is f'in crazy?
----------
Best of luck in LA...liked him....hope Goff can get him the ball sometimes!
-----------
Solid guy but not a game changer except one game vs Seahawks. Will miss his great run blocking and steady play.
-----------
Goodbye to the F'IN CRAZY ONE
----------
Best of luck to Robert Woods. In the right system he could thrive. Nothing like
keeping the homegrown talent. He will be missed.
----------
He's a poor man's Josh Reed.
-----------
Happy for Woods, seemed like a great pro, but that's a ton of money for someone who hasn't sniffed a 1000 yard season.
----------
No way he lives up to that contract with Goff as QB.
----------
This one hurts.

I always thought his game was much like Steve Smith. Both play/played aggressive and have/had elusive speed.

Smith had better QB play so his production seems better but Woods catches the ball just as good, and T2 is still developing.
---------
No hard feelings... the guy played his heart out here for the Bills.
----------
lot of great notes about Woods' passion and professionalism and underappreciatedness and tenacity. how about catching a football? any of that? no? okay.
----------
this sucks
----------
I personally loved the way he caught the ball with his hands and not his body. Just the right amount of pressure on the ball. Always had his hands up for it. Overall a good dude.
---------
really? You never watched him play,did ya? It's ok to admit it...
He has great hands. I've seen him catch every ball that could be thrown.And consistent.and competitive. Those are all great skills,especially for a #2. He will be missed. Best blocking WR we ever had. Maybe the best in the league
----------
Good luck to Woods with the Rams! He always gave his best here. Never one of my favorite players, and I was cool with letting walk due to economics, but he's definitely a net asset to a team.
----------
I'm glad for Woods because I think he's a good guy and an ok receiver. I'm not really upset that he left from a talent perspective because he's a cipher. Plenty of opportunity here to prove he could be a serious #2, but never seemed to get the job done. I'm sure part of that was due to coaching and the run-first scheme, but he just wasn't a guy anyone expected to step up at crunch time and help win a game for us.
---------
Good news.

Did not want to overpay for that guy.

Too many injuries and not enough big plays.

With Tyrod, Sammy and a strong run game this really needs to be a vertically stretching offense.......Woods is not a fit as WR2 despite his effort as a blocker.
---------
Woods is a middle of the pack #2 WR at best who has a real issue with keeping his feet, tripping, etc like I have never seen in a WR. He also struggles with ticky tack injuries. I was THRILLED when we drafted him, but he has been a disappointment and has never ceased his opportunities.
--------
This makes me very sad, we had one of the worst receiver corps in the NFL last year, and now it's even worse without woods or goodwin.
---------
Big disappointment woods. He won't do crap with the Rams neither. There's a football team to run and the underachieving overpriced players must be let go.
----------
Awesome for Woods. Gets to go back to LA and may get to do more than just block.

Sucks we never had a qb that was able to go through more than 2 reads for him.
---------
Why would Woods stay? No receiver wants to catch 40 passes a year and be a lead blocker on most plays.
----------
Well considering he caught 51 in 13 games this year (pace for 63 in 16 games) I would say that is a bit of an exaggeration. And he caught 47 last year in 14 games, but only 9 starts. And he caught 65 in 15 games in 2014, and 40 as a rookie in 14 games in 2013.

Seems he is about a 60 to 65 catch guy if he could ever play a full season in Buffalo which he did only once in 4 seasons. I seriously doubt he catches more than 65 passes for the Rams next year either.

He is just not that good of a player, he is a mediocre #2...the issue is now in LA, the top guy there is really a small slot WR in Tavon with bad hands. So the Rams now are going to need Woods to be more of a primary WR in which he has never been able to excel at.

I am glad we did not pay him to stay here, and while I wish him success here in LA, I just don't think his ceiling is much higher than that and that the Rams WR group is not looking too good.
----------
There just isnt any one thing that he does really well, and his best attribute may be blocking. I feel like he can be a really good 3rd WR, middle of the road #2 and poor choice for a primary target. Hope he proves me wrong in LA and living here I would like to see him and the Rams do well, but I just am not optimistic about him, especially with Tavon and his bad hands being the other WR.
---------
I'm a Bob Woods fan no matter what team it involves. Class all the way.
---------
He wasn't going to come cheap. He should have been a Bill his entire career.
The Guy is 24 years old. A gamer, and I never saw him take a play off. Bad day for the offense,
the team, and his fans.
---------
I'm happy for him. Gets to go home to LA Coliseum.

I'm also glad he went to an NFC team, so that I can safely root for him for the rest of his career.

Class act, quality player. Best of luck, #10!
--------
Good luck Bobby. Average NFL receiver but never gave less than everything he had when he was out there for us. Wish him well.
--------
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000792029/2017-Free-Agents-Robert-Woods-career-highlights
----------
156 targets, 98 catches the past 2 years playing hurt a lot, run heavy offense and a bad passing QB. He's going to do well in LA, very underappreciated and way underused in Buffalo.
----------
Sorry to see him go. Played hurt, tough, physical and really underrated by many Bills fans. I'm sure

Mama Woods is glad he's coming back home.
--------
In a best case scenario, I could see him being an Anquan Boldin or Donald Driver where the stats aren't flashy but reliable every year. I still think that Woods could be this type of player in the right system, but have doubts on whether or not the Rams are the best fit.
----------
Robert is a warrior no doubt...but the guy has not been healthy the last TWO YEARS

And they paid him starter money

Didn't read them all because A)there were way too many, and B)Bills fans are pretty stupid. They don't realize how shit of a pass game they had. They chew Woods up because he doesn't have the stats, but fail to mention how they run the ball 80% of the game. Can't wait until he puts up 900+ yards his first season here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Didn't read them all because A)there were way too many

200.gif

and B)Bills fans are pretty stupid

200.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i eyeball more than 50% of comments as positive. thats amazing! still not sure how well he will perform here, but he sounds like a high character guy people can get behind.

You guys should see what theyve written about Marquise Lee.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't read them all because A)there were way too many, and B)Bills fans are pretty stupid. They don't realize how crap of a pass game they had. They chew Woods up because he doesn't have the stats, but fail to mention how they run the ball 80% of the game. Can't wait until he puts up 900+ yards his first season here.

Most of them had positive things to say.

Reading those comments and comments on other boards I can't wait until Goff gets all these clowns to shut their dirty pie holes.

It's going to be glorious. There will be so many people having to put their foot in their mouth. Football fans never seem to learn patience.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We went from Coach Bones to Coach McJacked. Damn.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even the haters say he is a good blocker, which is a great skill for a WR. Some say that he was given every opportunity to be a #2 WR, and he didn't deliver...WTF? They run the d@mn ball like 80% of the time (thanks jerry), especially when the snow flies in September, until the end of the Bills season in December...And how can they know what sort of effing "system" we have in LA, when I don't really know, except that we will pass more? lol...just lol.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Even the haters say he is a good blocker, which is a great skill for a WR. Some say that he was given every opportunity to be a #2 WR, and he didn't deliver...WTF? They run the d@mn ball like 80% of the time (thanks jerry), especially when the snow flies in September, until the end of the Bills season in December...And how can they know what sort of effing "system" we have in LA, when I don't really know, except that we will pass more? lol...just lol.

My thoughts exactly... a lot of the posts from Bills fans reacting to Woods was pretty much all praise and happiness. Some pointed out at us being a better fit... others specifically named McVay's system as being much better suited for Woods' strengths... like Intermediate passing routes... which Tyrod/Bills never seemed to do.