Rams Select Blake Corum RB 3rd round, pick #83

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Best fit in the draft for us at RB. Mid 3rd round was consensus great value, could have gone in the 2nd. Getting a RB to spell Kyren was a massive need for us. Why are people complaining??

jjab360

Legend
Does anybody have pass protection tape on Corum? Kyren was special in that regard coming out of Notre Dame, especially for his size.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1714197337946.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm tryin to goddamn get to sleep here.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Then why pick him in the third round? I don't question the talent; it's clear. I don't question the intangibles; they're impeccable. I question the value and whether or not we go for a talented corner/wide receiver and a running back later in the draft.
I don't think the corners avail were that great, maybe you could make an argument for WR. Good pick at that spot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then why pick him in the third round? I don't question the talent; it's clear. I don't question the intangibles; they're impeccable. I question the value and whether or not we go for a talented corner/wide receiver and a running back later in the draft.
I don't get the feeling we'll be regretting this pick in a few years. End of the day, draft good football players, and it'll work itself out. Corum has exceptional vision. I think he'll be a good one.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don't think the corners avail were that great, maybe you could make an argument for WR. Good pick at that spot.
Agreed. Look at who went next.
He’s a level above all of those players.

The two players I like best following him were taken 98 and 99 :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough guys appear meek. Weak guys talk tough.
Similar to, hawks are doves & doves try to be hawks. If you have been to war, you usually try to avoid it & it you haven’t, you talk tough & force the issue.

Memphis Ram

Legend
His knee injury was pretty significant. He lost a few YPC when he came back from it. Les broke me rule. Don’t draft a player with a major injury in his past

I agree with @Memento. WR and corner are as big of if not more of a need than backup RB. Plus. In this draft there will be quality backups in round 5. This pick seems a bit early.

However, maybe McVay and Snead are emphasizing the love for playing football even more than originally thought. It certainly seems like it with this pick.
I would have taken WR Roman Wilson instead, but I don't fault them for the selection. Kyren sorta makes the offense go and they had to have someone who could do the same if he went down.

Besides, WR and Corner are the two deepest positions in this draft. There are still dudes on the board.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Doesn't excel at pass blocking or catching the ball.

The only reason we took him is because he was a position of need.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Because the Rams have some particular priorities to building this team. They have also learned in the past by missing on players when they try to put to much of a priority on value. Trading back when the player they targeted was there and missing him as one example. They look to me like they have hit on a process for determining what players they want and that is more important than value and they will be aggressive weather it might be early to some people or to expensive to others. In the long run, if you hit on players and they prove to be what you needed then the value is there.