Rams roll out ticket pricing plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. I'm on a rant a little. I wasn't speaking to the Rams pricing as much as the cost in general to attend an NFL game anywhere.

There are people who will pay it. And fans like us will endure the tough times. But the cost to attend the game isn't in line with the average fan anymore.
No I agree it certainly isn't. Nor are any of the major sports really it's switched from a hobby/passion to something we have to go on the black market and sell a kidney for. My plan was to go down to LA for several games. But even having zero cost options for staying a night or two I might curtail it back to a couple games until the new stadium. Then we'll see how pricing affects that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No I agree it certainly isn't. Nor are any of the major sports really it's switched from a hobby/passion to something we have to go on the black market and sell a kidney for. My plan was to go down to LA for several games. But even having zero cost options for staying a night or two I might curtail it back to a couple games until the new stadium. Then we'll see how pricing affects that.

This goes maybe 15 years back... I was given some really nice seats to a Rams game. Sitting in front of me was a nice couple, but it was clearly a status symbol to be sitting in the seats they had. I'm yelling and cheering the team, and got a lot of dirty looks.

I was like; this is a football game! Not a tea party!

I wish it was possible to have a stadium with dirt cheap tickets. Imagine the rowdy people in that stadium! Then again; Philadelphia has no problems with that. So I'm probably just bitching for no reason. :sneaky:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This goes maybe 15 years back... I was given some really nice seats to a Rams game. Sitting in front of me was a nice couple, but it was clearly a status symbol to be sitting in the seats they had. I'm yelling and cheering the team, and got a lot of dirty looks.

I was like; this is a football game! Not a tea party!

I wish it was possible to have a stadium with dirt cheap tickets. Imagine the rowdy people in that stadium! Then again; Philadelphia has no problems with that. So I'm probably just bitching for no reason. :sneaky:
I noticed the same thing at a baseball game several years back. I traveled from Reno to SF to see the Dodgers and Giants when their stadium was new. And the lower seats were all looking the same it was a bunch of people who were talking more business than baseball. It was another status/networking thing and not baseball.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Be careful what you ask for. They haven't said anything about the prices at the new stadium yet.
They actually have said that they will be more expensive. I didn't ask for the prices. I ask for the memories. If I can't afford them, then I'll go to one game in the new stadium each year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah. I'm on a rant a little. I wasn't speaking to the Rams pricing as much as the cost in general to attend an NFL game anywhere.

There are people who will pay it. And fans like us will endure the tough times. But the cost to attend the game isn't in line with the average fan anymore.
Totally true, but my friends and family are going to get creative and share season seats, at half the cost. Sure, half the games, but half the cost. Last time the Rams were here, I could only go to a couple of games a year. Not much has changed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come down here.
Gonna be hard to get used to that idea but I plan to. I still have family in the area and a sis that lives in Malibu. Certainly sounds like a better way to spend a weekend than in Seattle - though I do like the city itself.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
How so? You're only buying a 9 game package, 7 regular season and 2 preseason games.
Because you only get to attend regular season 7 Home game instead of 8 for three seasons in a row.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
It's not awesome for home fans. It's an accommodation both to the NFL and USC which will be very helpful in this transition.

The last thing we need is to lose friends during the move...be that dick-friend who drops the couch on the stairs with you holding the ass end of the couch at the bottom of the stairs then at the end of the day won't spring for beer and pizza "because I gotta return the truck". Hell, I don't even drink and I buy for peeps who help me. Point is we need to make the accommodation and hold up our end during the move.
I am sure USC is being handsomely compensated for the use of their stadium.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True enough. Still, the strain on a field can't always be solved with money.

And it won't be much of a comfort if a USC player is injured due to a less than optimal field. A check won't heal any injuries

And isn't this an El Niño year?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because you only get to attend regular season 7 Home game instead of 8 for three seasons in a row.
Again, four months ago Los Angeles had zero home games. They've gained 9 and they're doing it at the request of the NFL and by doing it they're helping USC out which is one of the most popular tickets in town.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's ok not sure common sense and logic will work but it is a great effort!

Stop with the nonsense. It's pretty apparent to everyone that 10 home games would be better. I never said anything about why there were only 9 so the replies are irrelevant.

Just as @Amitar said, the fans got fucked out of a home game for 3 years. It doesn't matter why. They did, and there's no sugarcoating it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Gonna be hard to get used to that idea but I plan to. I still have family in the area and a sis that lives in Malibu. Certainly sounds like a better way to spend a weekend than in Seattle - though I do like the city itself.
Agreed, the city itself is a great place to visit.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The last thing SoCal is worried about is losing 3 home games.

The Rams are back and we're just humbled.

Never mind a tax free first teir stadium.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stop with the nonsense. It's pretty apparent to everyone that 10 home games would be better. I never said anything about why there were only 9 so the replies are irrelevant.

Just as @Amitar said, the fans got freaked out of a home game for 3 years. It doesn't matter why. They did, and there's no sugarcoating it.
Didn't the same thing occur in St Louis? Not in a row but weren't all of our games over seas "home games"? I'm not sure of that - I just seem to recall that several fans were pissed about it.

I don't like the idea of losing home games and that's not for the sake of season ticket holders. That just gives us one less game each season where we are not getting the home field advantage. That is the part that I think sucks. The season ticket holders know what they are buying so there is not value lost aside from that they couldn't purchase that other home game. I'm pretty sure I will only get to go to one game each of those years and it may not even be in LA. One will for sure as I HAVE to watch the Rams play in the Coliseum for old time's sake.

In the end, it is what it is. The Rams made a deal and from what I heard both SD and OAK would have had to agree to the same deal. So what ever team(s) got LA - they were losing 3 home games in trade. I'm guessing the NFL wants to build the LA market as it is so freaking huge AND there hasn't been an LA team in 2 decades.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed, the city itself is a great place to visit.
Yep. If you could go without seeing a bunch of tools in fluorescent green #12s it would be even better. Thankfully, when my wife and I hit the town up there, you don't see many. They only seem to hit the low brow places or loiter in the parks and dive bars at night.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Didn't the same thing occur in St Louis? Not in a row but weren't all of our games over seas "home games"? I'm not sure of that - I just seem to recall that several fans were pissed about it.

I don't like the idea of losing home games and that's not for the sake of season ticket holders. That just gives us one less game each season where we are not getting the home field advantage. That is the part that I think sucks. The season ticket holders know what they are buying so there is not value lost aside from that they couldn't purchase that other home game. I'm pretty sure I will only get to go to one game each of those years and it may not even be in LA. One will for sure as I HAVE to watch the Rams play in the Coliseum for old time's sake.

In the end, it is what it is. The Rams made a deal and from what I heard both SD and OAK would have had to agree to the same deal. So what ever team(s) got LA - they were losing 3 home games in trade. I'm guessing the NFL wants to build the LA market as it is so freaking huge AND there hasn't been an LA team in 2 decades.

Yep, St. Louis did too. Seems like Rams have had an interest in London for some time. Not sure they had a choice.

Anybody would take that LA deal, but it sucks for the fans and it sucks for the players.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yep, St. Louis did too. Seems like Rams have had an interest in London for some time. Not sure they had a choice.

Anybody would take that LA deal, but it sucks for the fans and it sucks for the players.

They lost one, Kroenke wanted to make the Rams an international brand, but St Louis blocked him from doing additional games overseas. Given his pitching videos for the owners were heavy on international fans visiting the team, that obviously played a role in his pursuit for LA.

Anyway, you're still looking at the 10 game thing wrong. Would 10 be better? Sure, so would 11 games, but I don't see people saying that the fans are getting ripped off for it not having 18 games per season. The NHL has 41 home games, is it fair they get so many more games than the NFL? That's not how it works.

Again, 10 isn't an option. Imagine Mark has 10 apples. Bob has zero apples, and would like an apple. Tom asks Mark if he can have the 10 apples to give to Bob. Mark says okay, but only if one apple goes to Dan. So Mark gives 9 apples to Tom, who gives them to Bob, and 1 apple to Dan.

Tom (Kroenke/Rams/whoever) doesn't have 10 apples to give to Bob. He has 9. Mark (the NFL) has already decided to give an apple to Dan (London/China).

If you really care about the fans, and aren't just looking for an excuse to further label Kroenke as a piece of shit, then be mad at the NFL. They're the ones who gave away that 10th apple.

RamzFanz

Damnit
They lost one, Kroenke wanted to make the Rams an international brand, but St Louis blocked him from doing additional games overseas. Given his pitching videos for the owners were heavy on international fans visiting the team, that obviously played a role in his pursuit for LA.

Anyway, you're still looking at the 10 game thing wrong. Would 10 be better? Sure, so would 11 games, but I don't see people saying that the fans are getting ripped off for it not having 18 games per season. The NHL has 41 home games, is it fair they get so many more games than the NFL? That's not how it works.

Again, 10 isn't an option. Imagine Mark has 10 apples. Bob has zero apples, and would like an apple. Tom asks Mark if he can have the 10 apples to give to Bob. Mark says okay, but only if one apple goes to Dan. So Mark gives 9 apples to Tom, who gives them to Bob, and 1 apple to Dan.

Tom (Kroenke/Rams/whoever) doesn't have 10 apples to give to Bob. He has 9. Mark (the NFL) has already decided to give an apple to Dan (London/China).

If you really care about the fans, and aren't just looking for an excuse to further label Kroenke as a piece of crap, then be mad at the NFL. They're the ones who gave away that 10th apple.

Thanks for informing me on all things Kroenke as an inside support person. I'm glad to know how he thinks from an expert apologist.

"Kroenke wanted to make the Rams an international brand", yes, yes he does. Beware the scorpion, frog.

I'm not looking at anything wrong, there is a maximum you are ignoring. You can have a maximum of 8 regular season home games. Most NFL fans will have the opportunity to enjoy 8 regular season home games. You won't. That is a negative and it doesn't matter why. 8 is as good as it gets (less playoffs), less is not as good.

What is as good as 8? 8 is. What is better? 9 or more. What is not as good? 7 or less. Math.

The real world realises that HOME games given away means losses and HOME games given away tire players for the next game. But, really, if you want to embrace them, have at it. Let's all love home games thousands of miles away because that's not a bad thing.

Let me be clear to you, LA fans hated Georgia Frontiere for over 20 years. We will hate Stan forever. I never once praised Georgia Frontiere on here. Never. It would have been inexcusable and very rude. I also never praised Stan for helping take the Rams from LA, which all LA fans seem to forget. I get it, it's convenient now. Beware the scorpion, frog.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If you really care about the fans, and aren't just looking for an excuse to further label Kroenke as a piece of crap, then be mad at the NFL. They're the ones who gave away that 10th apple.
Calling it what it is right here. Just read thru the whole thread and was waiting for someone call a spade a spade.

If you're mad....go somewhere else and be mad. Those complaining about this don't give a rats ass how much tickets are gonna cost or giving up a home game or even who the Rams lost or signed in free agency. It's simply an avenue to vent your shit. Is that what ROD is for?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thanks for informing me on all things Kroenke as an inside support person. I'm glad to know how he thinks from an expert apologist.

"Kroenke wanted to make the Rams an international brand", yes, yes he does. Beware the scorpion, frog.

I'm not looking at anything wrong, there is a maximum you are ignoring. You can have a maximum of 8 regular season home games. Most NFL fans will have the opportunity to enjoy 8 regular season home games. You won't. That is a negative and it doesn't matter why. 8 is as good as it gets (less playoffs), less is not as good.

What is as good as 8? 8 is. What is better? 9 or more. What is not as good? 7 or less. Math.

The real world realises that HOME games given away means losses and HOME games given away tire players for the next game. But, really, if you want to embrace them, have at it. Let's all love home games thousands of miles away because that's not a bad thing.

Let me be clear to you, LA fans hated Georgia Frontiere for over 20 years. We will hate Stan forever. I never once praised Georgia Frontiere on here. Never. It would have been inexcusable and very rude. I also never praised Stan for helping take the Rams from LA, which all LA fans seem to forget. I get it, it's convenient now. Beware the scorpion, frog.

Actually I'll have zero home games, because I'll be in St Louis.

And for all we know the Rams make the playoffs and get their 8th home game anyway.

It doesn't matter, three years playing an international game is what it took, it doesn't matter how you try to slice it, for the fans in LA who have been waiting years for the Rams to play there again, it's a win, it's a huge win.

I get it, you're upset, I don't blame you. Just call it what it is though, you don't care about LA fans goodwill or money, you want them to be upset and angry at Stan and the NFL as you are. Its understandable, it's a shitty situation to be in, and you're not the only one who feels that way. Just as LA fans felt that way two decades ago. I'm not telling you to love Kroenke, just like I didn't tell LA fans to love Georgia. I'm just sick of all the whining and jabs about it. It's like someone bringing up some depressing event at a party, it's killing the vibe, and it's getting old.