Rams request interview with Cleveland oc john defilippo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm just worried it won't matter who they bring in , it's still Fishers team , he's still the one actually calling the plays

jjab360

Legend
I'm just worried it won't matter who they bring in , it's still Fishers team , he's still the one actually calling the plays
Fisher is definitely not the one calling plays, the problem is he has never really had much to offer as an offensive coach other than forcing his conservative approach on his offensive coordinators.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unless Fisher gets an extension, or one of his targets has no other takers, a match seems unlikely. Not many good coaches want a one year try out on a team without a starting QB.

jjab360

Legend
Unless Fisher gets an extension, or one of his targets has no other takers, a match seems unlikely. Not many good coaches want a one year try out on a team without a starting QB.
Hence the Browns castoff who probably won't have very many other options

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
BEREA, Ohio – John DeFilippo didn't get married until age 36.

Most football coaches are wed to their work, but few seem as willing to admit it as the new Browns offensive coordinator.

"I'm one of those guys who puts my job first," DeFilippo told NEOMG in the summer. "A lot of people will say that's wrong, but I knew what I wanted to do and I knew how to get there and I had to do it the right way."

BTW I didn't get married until I was 38........I must be a freaking genius!. Actually either I was or I was just about as lucky as a man could ever be, because I got a great wife.

fancents86

Starter
Well the Browns don't have much at qb either, plus we have cooler uniforms.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He did a great job with Carr when he was QB coach of the Raiders too. So as previously pointed out Fish might be considering him for other than OC.

Ram65

Legend
It would be great to have an OC that will throw the ball when it's the right thing to do. Just hope Fisher would let him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A great start to the offseason would be to hire him, trade for McCown as the stop gap starter, then draft a QB early. Let McCown, Mannion, and rookie battle it out. Have two young developing QBs for the future. Hope one pans out.

Problem with McCown is his head don't know with all the head injuries if he will play again?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Problem with McCown is his head don't know with all the head injuries if he will play again?

Not to mention he'll be 37 by the start of next season. Not worth the risk for a guy with 2 good seasons out of what, 15? Much rather roll with Keenum.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Much rather roll with Keenum.

Not me, Keenum ball floats and you're limited on what throws he can make so I would look for another alternative, however, the selection is limited. I still believe Chase Daniels (FA Chiefs) could be an option much better arm than Keenum and more elusive, however, no starting experience and hill be 30 in October of 2016.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure Fisher can afford to go with a young inexperienced OC

Disagree. The top proven OCs aren't going to be on the market. This is exactly who the Rams should be targeting. Took lemons and made lemonade this year in Cleveland. The Browns were a top 15 passing attack with talent that looked awfully similar to ours when McCown went down.

DeFilippo did an amazing job with their passing attack. The Browns weakness this year was the rushing attack. Which isn't an issue for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like a promising candidate and somebody we should be able to get. Browns fans for the most part seem to love the guy.