Rams QB "to call" list - Funny if not so sad...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a shame Jared Lorenzen recently broke his tibia. Was kind of thinking that he might be the answer. He can throw the ball the length of the football field!!!
j3dp.jpg

Check out those wheels...
Sense of humor- check!

THE PILLSBURY THROWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch these and tell me you wouldn't LOVE to have this guy playing for the Rams. He's the real deal. Yeah he has weapons on that team, and Kelly seems like he is a real talent when it comes to play design.......but watch the kid play. Luck gets all the attention as the up and coming QB but I'd take Foles over Luck.

He reminds me of a more athletic much more accurate Roethlisberger when he was in his prime.

I'm not giving up three of our best guys for him. And there's no chance that Foles is more athletic than Roethlisberger was. Nor do I think he's a better QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have no idea what to make of him, other than there is going to be some regression this year. In the ten games he started last year, he had a 119 QB rating, which is the 3rd greatest season ever. It's bananas.

But I know my sports gravity. Similar to a rookie pitcher who buzzes through a couple lineups, he and this offense are going to get figured out somewhat. How much, I dunno. But there's some regression coming.

For sure he won't have that kind of off the charts season but I think anyone that sees him play would say "yeah, that ones for real".

It was crazy.......just over 300 attempts and 27 TD's and only 2 INT's. It won't happen again but man I do wish he was a Ram.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
THE PILLSBURY THROWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not giving up three of our best guys for him. And there's no chance that Foles is more athletic than Roethlisberger was. Nor do I think he's a better QB.

I disagree, he is more accurate and throws just as well on the run.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree, he is more accurate and throws just as well on the run.

He does not throw just as well on the run nor does he move nearly as well nor is he as strong.

Accuracy? We'll see. System inflated his numbers. But Ben's never been elite in terms of accuracy. Foles might equal or best him there...gotta wait and see. But I'm not willing to call him a better QB right now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He does not throw just as well on the run nor does he move nearly as well nor is he as strong.

Accuracy? We'll see. System inflated his numbers. But Ben's never been elite in terms of accuracy. Foles might equal or best him there...gotta wait and see. But I'm not willing to call him a better QB right now.

Yeah for sure he isn't as strong, he isn't as big either. As for the rest we can agree to disagree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah for sure he isn't as strong, he isn't as big either. As for the rest we can agree to disagree.

Big Ben is quite athletic. Foles...not so much.(imo, of course)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
jrry watch the first Foles vid I posted and you'll see literally a few dozen plays just like the ones you posted.

AZRamsFan93

I have a feeling if he's coming back he'll have to redo his contract into an incentive laden contract. One that pays more if be stays healthy. A prove it type contract. Sounds cold but its a cold business.
That's not cold. There is a high likelihood that he will not be ready to play next year. The Rams cannot wait 2 more years for their solution at QB. His future is a complete uncertainty. We cannot bank on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry watch the first Foles vid I posted and you'll see literally a few dozen plays just like the ones you posted.

Not really. Foles only broke tackles on a couple of plays including the one against Arizona in that video. Most of it was him maneuvering the pocket extremely well or scrambling to open space.

There were some great plays made where he felt the rush, side-stepped pressure, and then climbed the ladder into the throwing lane. And those are impressive plays.

But it's not like Big Ben where Ben was shaking off tacklers and eluding multiple defenders in space and in the pocket that had clear shots at him.

But hey, what Foles was doing was great. That's what you want out of your QB. To be able to maneuver the pocket, make defenders miss, and find throwing lanes. Oddly enough, it was something he was terrible at in college. Chip Kelly has done a nice job with him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not really. Foles only broke tackles on a couple of plays including the one against Arizona in that video. Most of it was him maneuvering the pocket extremely well or scrambling to open space.

There were some great plays made where he felt the rush, side-stepped pressure, and then climbed the ladder into the throwing lane. And those are impressive plays.

But it's not like Big Ben where Ben was shaking off tacklers and eluding multiple defenders in space and in the pocket that had clear shots at him.

But hey, what Foles was doing was great. That's what you want out of your QB. To be able to maneuver the pocket, make defenders miss, and find throwing lanes. Oddly enough, it was something he was terrible at in college. Chip Kelly has done a nice job with him.

That's because Foles is faster and the tacklers don't catch him as often.

He is IMO a better and faster athlete.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
LMFAO YOU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS!

This thread needs to be pinned up top for a while haha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because Foles is faster and the tacklers don't catch him as often.

He is IMO a better and faster athlete.

No, it's because Foles played behind one of the best OLs in the NFL which was quite effective at pushing the pass rush past him in a spread offense. Which gave him more space.

Foles is not fast. Not faster than Roethlisberger. Hell, the guy was having trouble running away DTs in his highlight video.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, it's because Foles played behind one of the best OLs in the NFL which was quite effective at pushing the pass rush past him in a spread offense. Which gave him more space.

Foles is not fast. Not faster than Roethlisberger. Hell, the guy was having trouble running away DTs in his highlight video.

I'm going to let you have the last word, because I'm that kinda guy. ;)