Rams on the Clock v 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok so they are not really on the clock. It's the first day of the new league year. San Diego ended up with the #1 pick and they are calling to see if we want it.

They want.

Our #1 pick (we pick 10th),

Both of our second round picks, and

our 2017 first round pick

Take it or leave it. They say they have a deal w Houston on the table - we have 24 hours or they pull the trigger.

Athos

Legend
Tell them to pound sand.

Goff and Lynch are good QBs.

But not that good.

Stel

Starter
The offered trade is a good value, but I agree with Athos. Not convinced either QB is can't miss and I'm certain neither is the best player in the draft. I only give up that kind of capital to get a QB. Pass.

FRO

Legend
Take it. Jared Goff is the pick. QB position solved. Let's move on to adding receivers and fixing the line. If we sit at 10 we say good bye to Goff or Lynch and we are hoping Cook is there at 10. I see Goff as a game changing QB.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
We have too many needs at this point. I would wait and see what happens with the top two picks and then re-evaluate for a trade up if one of them is there at 3.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd do it if they are convinced that Goff or Lynch are franchise QBs. I take Lynch myself. That trade is worth it for a franchise QB to lead your team for the next 10+ years.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd do it if they are convinced that Goff or Lynch are franchise QBs. I take Lynch myself. That trade is worth it for a franchise QB to lead your team for the next 10+ years.

I think this is my answer as well.

I know its possible to hit on a QB that falls to us or maybe even in the later rounds - and heck, maybe Mannion IS the guy - but without a QB we are always going to be talking about the next year by week 11. We have an awesome young RB, am elite defense, and a young O line that still needs development.

This team feels like they are a QB away. But the QB is the hardest piece to find. No more half measures.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams decline to make a move for #1 and decide to work from the 10 hole.

1. Texans (trade) - Paxton Lynch
2. San Fran (trade) - Jared Goff
3. Cleveland - Joey Bosa
4. Baltimore - LaQuonn Treadwell
5. Dallas - Vernon Hargreaves
6. Tenn - Ronnie Stanley
7. Detroit - Laremy Tunsil
8. Miami - Tre'Davious White
9. NY Jets (trade) - Connor Cook
10. The Rams are now on the Clock

No one is offering a thing for the #10 pick. You can't even get a day 3 pick to move down a bit. Its time to turn in a card.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's too much for me to give up.

I agree for Goff and Lynch. But if you think either translates to a top 5 QB in the NFL then you should do it. Its still the most important position on the field. I need to see more of both QB's but right now I dont think either translates to a Top 5 QB in the next 3 years, but again I havent seen enough of either to put a stamp on that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's too much for me to give up.
Is it the extra second that puts it over the edge? I thought your recent mock had the same trade just one of our seconds this year.

Athos

Legend
Wentz.

I pray he tears the senior bowl a new asshole and falls into our laps here.

Only remaining QB on my short list.

Stel

Starter
Can't knock the player at all - but if our #1 pick is on defense I'm gonna lose about 6 months off of my life.

I wasn't looking for defense, but he is the best player left on the board. I would have to pass up several higher rated defensive players to take my highest rated offensive player still on the board.

Stel

Starter
Wentz.

I pray he tears the senior bowl a new icehole and falls into our laps here.

Only remaining QB on my short list.

Wentz is a reach at #10. Assuming both Lynch and Goff declare, Wentz will likely not be selected until the second round (unless he really tears it up at the Senior Bowl, the Combine, and his Pro Day, in which case I'd change my selection).