Rams on the Clock Final Results

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Final Results:

Two forums got the same mock (we had to improvise a bit when the teams went in different directions with trade downs - but the two forums generally had the same choices to make at the same spots).

Which forum had the better draft?

RamsonDemand:

ROD opted to take the Cleveland trade down from #2. (2 and 75 for 4 and 26)

At #4, they declined to trade down again and selected Greg Robinson

3a824c6e0e820cdd81c9c9d645f6e449-img1.jpg

They declined the remainder of their trade down options and took:

13. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Ha-Ha-Clinton-Dix.jpg

26. Anthony Barr

anthony-barr-blog.jpg

44. Jordan Matthews

jordan-8jpg-b093eaf3416e3a08.jpg

106. Aaron Murray

Aaron%20Murray.jpg

107. EJ Gaines

52a2b32d6bc10.preview-500.jpg

(And yes, ROD got a better deal in Snead's drunken unilateral move up - chalk that up to my laziness)

RAMS TALK did a lot more moving around the board. They also took the Cleveland trade (2 and 75 for 4 and 26)

At 4, they moved down the board again to 8 nabbing Minnesota's 2015 First Round pick.

Then they jumped up to #5 from the 13 spot (giving up pick #44).

It ended up looking like this:

5. Sammy Watkins

Sammy-Watkins.jpg

8. Taylor Lewan

taylor-lewan-120717-wide.jpg

At 26, the Rams traded down again (#33 and #97 for #26)

33. Ryan Shazier

shazier.jpg

97. EJ Gaines - pictured earlier.

98. Travis Swanson

130822124951-travis-swanson-single-image-cut.jpg

Who had the better draft?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Love Watkins, eh on Lewan. From top to bottom I think our draft helps the team more next year.

iced

I liked ROD's better, but only because they got an extra 3rd pick and used it for center/guard depth. although I don't think they needed to trade up to get Lewan.

Did not like the linebacker picks for either draft - think its wayy too high for a position thats on the field 40% of the team (nickel packages are 60%).

Not a fan of the Robinson pick at all - don't like a project that high. I'd rather have a polished product or the closest thing to it with my first pick (Matthews)

FRO

Legend
ROD much better. Although I like Watkins more than Robinson, getting Dix, Barr, and Matthews is excellent. The problem with RamsTalk is people blindly follow theHammer. That forum has become terrible. Most of my favorite posters are on here. A lot of defectors.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Plenty of problems at Rams Talk - but that's beside the point.

Personally, I thought Rams Talk had a much better draft but that is mainly because I don't think nearly as much of Barr and Matthews as the rest of the world seems to. Plus - getting the 2015 #1 pick from Minnesota was pretty big.

Thank you everyone for indulging me with these monumental wastes of time - if there is interest, we will run another one in a week or two.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ours is better, but could have been much better if we hadn't have made a couple moves, or we would have traded with New England when that came up to recoup a couple players that really could have solidified units. That's my honest opinion, I don't mean to be a poo poo.