Rams in Primo Position for Playoff Run.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Hear me out. Only 6 teams in NFC have a better records then Rams. Let's look at the playoff races.

1. NFC East Dallas 2-1 is without Romo and All World Dez Bryant. Opposing defenses will quickly figure out how to stop back up QB Brandon Weedwacker. And the rest of the NFC East have 1-2 records. Weakest division in NFC. Plus the NFC East has to play AFC East. I don't see a wildcard team coming from NFC East. Do you?

2.NFC South has two 3-0 teams. Atlanta and Carolina. Atlanta's first 3 games were against NFC East pansies, and now they got to play the rest of the league. Carolina was not so impressive beating Jacksonville, Houston, and N.O. who have a combined record of 2-7. Can you imagine a Wild Card Team coming out the NFC South? New Orleans, without Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham are a joke. If Winston leads Tampa Bay to a playoff birth I will eat my hat Either Atlanta or Carolina will implode.

3. NFC North- You think the Rams have problems, check out Chicago's 0-3 fire sale and Detroit's 0-3 record. The Rams and Miami stole the both Detroits DT's. Now I admit Green Bay is one tough mother fucker, but what about Minnesota? They beat the 49'er 1-2 garbage fire, the 0-3 Lions, and the 2-1 Chargers. The Vikings have yet to play the Seahawks, Cardinals, The Rams, and Green Bay twice.... It's possible that one Wildcard team emerges from NFC North. But maybe not?

4. NFC West- Even with San Francisco turning into a garbage dump , the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals still make the NFC West the elite division in the NFC. At first glance Arizona looks awesome, but remember, they are undefeated playing teams with a combined 1-8 record. The Cardinals still have to play Seahawks twice and Rams twice, Pittsburgh, Packers, and Vikings.

The Seahawks schedule gets rough starting with their 5th game. 5 next opponents have a current 12-3 record. . After that brutal murderer's row they still have to beat Vikings, Steelers (Ben will be back...Maybe) Rams and Cardinals again.

Besides the NFC West I can only imagine the NFC North contributing a Wildcard team. Let's pretend that the Vikings are best bet for Wildcard team. Yet the Vikings have yet to play Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Broncos, the Packers twice, and the resurgent Falcons and Raiders on the road.

4 out of 5 of Seahawks next opponents are current division leaders? And after that rough patch Seattle still has to play Pittsburgh, Rams, Vikings, and Cardinals.

RAMS- The next two Road games against the undefeated Cardinals, who have lambasted teams with a 1-8 records, and the undefeated Green Bay Packers will be tough, but after that rough patch the Rams play teams with a combined 16-20 record!

Unless key injuries crop up or Jeff Fisher is as bad as the Debbie Downers insinuate, I Believe RAMS have solid chance to make playoffs. Don't you? We've finished strong the last few years...Why not this year?

I'm drunk on kool-aid. :cheers:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rams are going to the playoffs. They may even take the NFCW.

Stay calm people, it's coming. After the bye the Rams will be destroying teams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams will have to end up with a better record than the skins because, ugh, they hold the tie breaker against us.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Uh... um.....

Not even sure where to start and I can sort of see the logic, but a team that only scores two field goals in an NFL game isn't primed for anything but a lot more L's.
The schedule does appear a lot more friendly on the back half but I don't think anyone is at the point of looking at the Rams and chalking anything but a W up yet.

I like the way you think though.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Plus side: they only have one loss in the NFC, and they are still undefeated in the division.
So yes....They are in control of their own destiny 3 games into the season. There's no way they can get worse on offense.

Negative side: There's a strong chance they will be 1 and 4 after the next two weeks.

Its a long season. 8-8 could get a wild card this year, and if they get in on a roll they could be dangerous.
I am done with the live and die by next game approach.

One thing I know for sure. Sunday's AZ matchup is not a must win contest. Its just a football game.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
While we're maybe not in prime position, I'm still very optimistic. I think our main problem at the moment is O line play, and we all knew it was going to take a few weeks for this line to gel properly and start performing well anyway. They have already made marked improvements in pass blocking, and you have to think improvements in run blocking will follow.

I lean towards thinking the zone blocking we have been doing in he last couple of weeks has been to try to get the most out of Mason, who is a one cut runner. Now that Gurley is available, i think we will see the Rams going back to a PBS which suits Gurley better. If this does happen, and we can get the run game going, I still think the Rams make the playoff this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hear me out.

Pass the kool aide, Rams Brother!!! You just made my week!

GO RAMS!!!! Taht ole broken down Palmer and the red birds are going down this weekend!! Rams on a roll

:mad::mad::mad:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
My prediction:

@ Arizona Cardinals Loss
@ Green Bay Packers Loss
Cleveland Browns Win
San Francisco 49ers Win
@ Minnesota Vikings Loss
Chicago Bears Win
@ Baltimore Ravens Loss
@ Cincinnati Bengals Loss
Arizona Cardinals Loss
Detroit Lions Win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win
@ Seattle Seahawks Loss
@ San Francisco 49ers Loss

Good for 6-10 and another season of Jeff Fisher.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My prediction:

@ Arizona Cardinals Loss
@ Green Bay Packers Loss
Cleveland Browns Win
San Francisco 49ers Win
@ Minnesota Vikings Loss
Chicago Bears Win
@ Baltimore Ravens Loss
Arizona Cardinals Loss
Detroit Lions Win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win
@ Seattle Seahawks Loss

So, the Rams lose every away game this season?

The Niners beat us?

Dude, put the razor down, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to write this team off. (y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
My prediction:

@ Arizona Cardinals Loss
@ Green Bay Packers Loss
Cleveland Browns Win
San Francisco 49ers Win
@ Minnesota Vikings Loss
Chicago Bears Win
@ Baltimore Ravens Loss
Arizona Cardinals Loss
Detroit Lions Win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win
@ Seattle Seahawks Loss

My prediction:

@ Arizona Cardinals Win
@ Green Bay Packers Loss
Cleveland Browns Win
San Francisco 49ers Win
@ Minnesota Vikings Win
Chicago Bears Win
@ Baltimore Ravens Loss
@ Cincinnati Bengals Win
Arizona Cardinals Win
Detroit Lions Win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win
@ Seattle Seahawks Loss
@ San Francisco 49ers Win

11-5, playoffs, NFCW champs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was looking at this the other day and also noticed the losing record of teams after our bye week. But, what will that record be in two weeks? That's the record we'll really be looking at to see what to expect after the bye. Let's make it a worse record by beating Arizona this week. They are only averaging 42 points a game. That's right up our alley for the kind of game we win. Win that one and we are at least 2-3 going into the bye. That still works in my mind for a playoff run. Never say never!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I have to say I commend you guys for not only being able to say they have a chance to make the playoffs, but also win 11 games. I personally don't see it. I just can't get excited about this team anymore until they at least can win three games in a row or even be two games above .500. They've let me down too much to have my hopes up.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
sure it's possible. but I'm assuming in this scenario the Oline has suddenly learned how to run block by next Sunday so our RBs can get more than 10 yards a game. if not then yea I don't wanna think be about it...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I can only imagine that this offense will continue to get better as the season progresses, and for that reason, I am optimistic. We also need to see less mistakes and penalties (duh), but there is no reason this team cannot turn things around. Plenty of time. Would help if they could steal one of the next 2 games...and that will be one tall order, but not impossible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams need to show something this week to convince me we are in that position. Green Bay is a brutal game. Rodgers looks unstoppable. We need to stick it to Arizona.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
A wild card birth for the Rams and I having a party to end all party's...:) and you're all invited! BYOB

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hear me out. Only 6 teams in NFC have a better records then Rams. Let's look at the playoff races.

1. NFC East Dallas 2-1 is without Romo and All World Dez Bryant. Opposing defenses will quickly figure out how to stop back up QB Brandon Weedwacker. And the rest of the NFC East have 1-2 records. Weakest division in NFC. Plus the NFC East has to play AFC East. I don't see a wildcard team coming from NFC East. Do you?

2.NFC South has two 3-0 teams. Atlanta and Carolina. Atlanta's first 3 games were against NFC East pansies, and now they got to play the rest of the league. Carolina was not so impressive beating Jacksonville, Houston, and N.O. who have a combined record of 2-7. Can you imagine a Wild Card Team coming out the NFC South? New Orleans, without Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham are a joke. If Winston leads Tampa Bay to a playoff birth I will eat my hat Either Atlanta or Carolina will implode.

3. NFC North- You think the Rams have problems, check out Chicago's 0-3 fire sale and Detroit's 0-3 record. The Rams and Miami stole the both Detroits DT's. Now I admit Green Bay is one tough mother freaker, but what about Minnesota? They beat the 49'er 1-2 garbage fire, the 0-3 Lions, and the 2-1 Chargers. The Vikings have yet to play the Seahawks, Cardinals, The Rams, and Green Bay twice.... It's possible that one Wildcard team emerges from NFC North. But maybe not?

4. NFC West- Even with San Francisco turning into a garbage dump , the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals still make the NFC West the elite division in the NFC. At first glance Arizona looks awesome, but remember, they are undefeated playing teams with a combined 1-8 record. The Cardinals still have to play Seahawks twice and Rams twice, Pittsburgh, Packers, and Vikings.

The Seahawks schedule gets rough starting with their 5th game. 5 next opponents have a current 12-3 record. . After that brutal murderer's row they still have to beat Vikings, Steelers (Ben will be back...Maybe) Rams and Cardinals again.

Besides the NFC West I can only imagine the NFC North contributing a Wildcard team. Let's pretend that the Vikings are best bet for Wildcard team. Yet the Vikings have yet to play Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Broncos, the Packers twice, and the resurgent Falcons and Raiders on the road.

4 out of 5 of Seahawks next opponents are current division leaders? And after that rough patch Seattle still has to play Pittsburgh, Rams, Vikings, and Cardinals.

RAMS- The next two Road games against the undefeated Cardinals, who have lambasted teams with a 1-8 records, and the undefeated Green Bay Packers will be tough, but after that rough patch the Rams play teams with a combined 16-20 record!

Unless key injuries crop up or Jeff Fisher is as bad as the Debbie Downers insinuate, I Believe RAMS have solid chance to make playoffs. Don't you? We've finished strong the last few years...Why not this year?

I think I just hurt my brain reading that!

Fun read, full of optimism.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My prediction:

@ Arizona Cardinals Loss
@ Green Bay Packers Loss
Cleveland Browns Win
San Francisco 49ers Win
@ Minnesota Vikings Loss
Chicago Bears Win
@ Baltimore Ravens Loss
Arizona Cardinals Loss
Detroit Lions Win
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win
@ Seattle Seahawks Loss

I can see the Rams going 5-2 over the next 7. That would put us at 6-4 for the stretch. Very possible, IMO.