Rams draft ranked 9th overall on average based on average of 20 different graders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
I listened to a lot of post draft coverage and the consensus seemed to be that the Rams had a good draft, but quite a few people think we overpaid big time in the 2nd round to move up for Fiske. Even guys who have been really complimentary of the Rams over the past year, like Nate Tice and Robert Mays, thought we gave up too much for Fiske.
McVay said they were trying to trade up to 33 for Fiske. If true then the trade value isn't as bad as it looks. Getting to 33 from 52 would have taken more than we gave up to get to 39, so maybe they came out ahead (taking the risk that he would fall).

We got "fleeced" on the trade value chart for a 39th pick - but since they valued him as a 33rd pick the math makes more sense.

Tano

Legend
Same here. Cheers.
I have been a hard core Ram fan since 1973 when I would listen to them on the radio.

Prior to that I would watch them on TV from time to time. Not often since they weren't on TV all that often.

I kinda remember Roman but only because my dad did not like him as their QB.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The Rams are in a similar boat as the Falcons when it comes to the QB situation age wise and how many years are left for both QBs.

I like our situation more than the Falcons because Stafford is awesome but I don't see him playing more than 2 years maybe 3 years same with Cousins.
Yeah, I like Stafford way more than Cousins. But isn't the Falcons QB situation actually better than the Rams, with respect to the plan of progression? And that's because they took Penix. They believe with Cousins and the weapons they have on offense (Bijan, Allgeier, Pitts, London, Mooney) they're gonna contend for the NFC South Division title. And they brought in 4 consecutive defensive draft picks after their first round pick to help in that endeavor. I just don't get the angst and criticism about the Penix choice if all the facts are examined, but of course, we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out. Ram fans, particularly those who's heads almost exploded over the Tutu/Creed debacle, should know it's really only the results that count.

dang

Legend
McVay said they were trying to trade up to 33 for Fiske. If true then the trade value isn't as bad as it looks. Getting to 33 from 52 would have taken more than we gave up to get to 39, so maybe they came out ahead (taking the risk that he would fall).

We got "fleeced" on the trade value chart for a 39th pick - but since they valued him as a 33rd pick the math makes more sense.
B-I-N-G-O. In order to trade up you have to find a partner who accepts. You can’t just pick a trade position and force it to happen.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I remember years ago the Seahawks supposedly had the best draft, followed by one of the worst seasons. Sideline reporters mean nothing

Tano

Legend
Yeah, I like Stafford way more than Cousins. But isn't the Falcons QB situation actually better than the Rams, with respect to the plan of progression? And that's because they took Penix. They believe with Cousins and the weapons they have on offense (Bijan, Allgeier, Pitts, London, Mooney) they're gonna contend for the NFC South Division title. And they brought in 4 consecutive defensive draft picks after their first round pick to help in that endeavor. I just don't get the angst and criticism about the Penix choice if all the facts are examined, but of course, we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out. Ram fans, particularly those who's heads almost exploded over the Tutu/Creed debacle, should know it's really only the results that count.
Maybe if you really think Penix is going to be a great QB but I am not counting on that at all.

In fact, I am going to have to say hell to the no to your question. I would much rather be in the Rams situation with a really good offense and defense rather than hoping in two or three years that Penix would be able to take over for Stafford. I would much rather have a huge chance of winning a super bowl in the next two years with having a player like Verse as our OLB. I see great things happening with Verse and Fiske both in the line-up. If we only had Fiske and had Penix on the bench, I would not have as high of a hope of winning it all like I do with both Verse and Fiske. Yes it is possible that Verse will not be that good but I am going to take the optimistic approach that he is going to be a possible all pro at OLB.

And yes - I was one of the one's whose head exploded when we took Tutu instead of Creed.

I am still annoyed having a gadget player who makes a play once in awhile over a Perennial pro bowl center.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Maybe if you really think Penix is going to be a great QB but I am not counting on that at all.
I don't know if Penix is going to be a great QB or not. He throws a pretty ball, probably the best deep thrower in the draft. But there will be critics, always. A question on the Tutu/Creed debacle. If the Rams win the SB this year, they will have 2 and the Chiefs will have 2 since the 2021 draft. So, IF that happens how big of a mistake was it passing on Creed, particularly if we have Avila at OC for the next 8 or 9 years and will it ever be put to bed?

Tano

Legend
I don't know if Penix is going to be a great QB or not. He throws a pretty ball, probably the best deep thrower in the draft. But there will be critics, always. A question on the Tutu/Creed debacle. If the Rams win the SB this year, they will have 2 and the Chiefs will have 2 since the 2021 draft. So, IF that happens how big of a mistake was it passing on Creed, particularly if we have Avila at OC for the next 8 or 9 years and will it ever be put to bed?
We would have won 4 Superbowls dammit

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

If we all agree that waiting till pick 52, taking whoever and saving our 2nd pick next year is what we should have done, then I guess we did get fleeced. Otherwise we paid the going price to get what we wanted.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
isn't the Falcons QB situation actually better than the Rams, with respect to the plan of progression? And that's because they took Penix
Definitely.
If Cousins quits tomorrow or gets knocked out for the year, the Falcons have his replacement. At least a potential replacement.

If Stafford goes quits after this season or gets a lengthy injury, we’re screwed.