Rams D line as of this moment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe but there is so little that remains available in Free Agency.

Calais Campbell might be nice; and may not ask for much $ because he will be able to collect Social Security.

I like Bryan Mone who was pretty good against the run before suffering a knee injury late in 2022.

After that, I like Joe Gaziano but that's only because he is Italian.
Yeah, I'm all for Rams shopping post draft but don't think there's anything to be had at IDL, now some guys could get cut, but I'm not so we can rely on that much given how meh this IDL and edge draft class is.

We'll see!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't sleep on Brown taking the next step, similar to how guys like Williams did this past year!

Young and Turner had great rookie years. In year 2, they could really be ready to make an impact.

Hoecht is on the up-swing. He showed great improvement week to week last year. It was honestly shocking to watch. You don't typically see players improve that drastically, consistently, week-to-week in the NFL. Who knows where he caps out.

And the Rams will very likely add to the d-line this draft too, with one of their higher picks.

On the other hand, there is definitely a risk Turner and Young end up looking pedestrian now that Aaron Donald is gone and no longer commanding double-teams (if not triple-teams) every single snap.

I am cautiously optimistic. I do think the unit needs adding to. Injuries are inevitable in the trenches and we are one or two away from a d-line that isn't NFL caliber on paper. But that's on paper. You have to play the games. Being the winner of the off-season means nothing. I think our talent could surprise and prove we have more in-house than we think. On paper, the Rams were not a playoff team going into last season. Had we beaten Detroit (and we should have IMO, and would have but for the bogus officiating), I honestly think the Rams come out of the NFC. Or at the very least make it to the NFC Final.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Xavier Thomas is definitely someone we should target as a true OLB who can rush and has the speed to play in space. No WRs or CBs? I like your plan
Oh we'll draft them for sure. I was just pointing out the DL can be upgraded in a large way with a few picks.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Draft plan....

Protect our QB...
Kill opposing team's QB..

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Young - DeJuan - Bobby Brown - Turner - Hoecht
Hampton - XXXXXX - Murchinson - Durden - Mathis

Kier Thomas

I just want people to get a bit of a visual of what we're looking at and what we might expect from this draft. Sadly, it's not a great draft for OLB or Dline but we need help and we need a lot. Once we get past day 2, I don't think there's much if anything to be had on the Dline in this draft and there's nothing really after the top of the 2nd round at OLB.
What do you think of Jaylen Harrell, Tupuola-Fetui, Justin Eboigbe as post day 2 picks? The 2 Halls?
In the past, Snead has peppered positions of need with multiple picks in the draft... CB, OL...

If past is predictor, we may see them throw a ton of picks at DL.
Yeah and usually it's a high-low strategy. Or low-low.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you think of Jaylen Harrell, Tupuola-Fetui, Justin Eboigbe as post day 2 picks? The 2 Halls?

Yeah and usually it's a high-low strategy. Or low-low.
Ah man, I really don't know. I haven't looked at the guys much outside the first round, top of 2nd. Just keep hearing that it's bad for OLB and IDL talent this year.