CELEBRATE !! Rams agree to terms with Donte Whitner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm confused. Does this mean that T.J. is moving to FS?

Yes. Rams look at upside and at safety I believe they have TJ available now with Barron and Mo holding things down by the LOS. This ensures TJ doesn't kill a Rams defender with more friendly fire incidents, and bringing in Whitner reinforces that line of thinking: that TJ is the guy for the deep middle.

We have great coaching in the secondary. TJ is going to be fine and represents much higher upside. The defense is loaded in preparation for an offensive heavy draft.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hope its true. And if he is a ram I feel sorry for all pass catchers this coming season

Ram210

UDFA
Whitner is a good pickup who will be a solid starter at strong safety for the Rams. The Browns let him go because he was over 30 with a high salary. He still is one of the best defensive tacklers and hitters in the league.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He did. But I felt like he was a better SS. But I trust GW.

It was the reason he fell in the draft wasn't it? He had to play fs which didn't play to his strengths so he didn't look that flash and fell as a result.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I feel like a good dose of heavy nickel is in our future

Gaines - Whitner - Joyner - TJ - Tru

Tree - Barron

Quinn- Brockers - Donald - Hayes

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does that mean no Jalen Ramsey at #1 now?

nadafinga.gif
Connor Cook all the way!!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dude is a 3 time pro bowler('12, '13, '14) who is older but not OLD at the age of 30. What's not to like?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm confused. Does this mean that T.J. is moving to FS? Or are they signing Whitner and using him as a depth/sub-package player in case Barron gets hurt?

They move T.J. to FS....This regime has always liked him in coverage.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It looks like overkill - but the one position I trust on a Fisher led team is the secondary. Dude (and his staff) knows DBs.