Put the Watkins rumors to bed now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Probably just signing a reliable camp body that's from Mizzou. He's been working hard to get back from his ACL injury.

I wouldn't look too far into it.

I wouldn't put anything past Snead when it comes to pre-draft moves but you're right I don't think there is much to this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Competition! We need Quick, Pettis, Givens and every living receiver soul to feel the completion. Last think I want is Larry, 'Curly and Moe as our top 3 wide receivers. I'm still cool with drafting Watkins or Evans.

Do you remember Eric Dickersons Larry, Curly and Mo comment?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But what about T.J. Larry and T.J. Curly?

Edit: Damn, need to check the whole post before making my joke.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the midnight hour, she cried MOE MOE MOE

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And what happened to Andrew Helmick? Everyone said he had done a great camp last year, we could have stayed with him.

I was one of those camp guys who loved Helmick. But I also had a nice little chat with someone affiliated with the Lindenwood program, who claimed Mr. Helmick was not someone who enjoyed practicing. He didn't endear himself to his teammates, because he always seemed to come up with some sort of ailment (tweaked hamstring, tender ankle, etc) on Tues, which would render him unable to practice, but on Saturday, there he was showing up and being the best player on the field.

I found this to be an interesting comment the SECOND DAY of camp, and coincidently, he tweaks his hamstring lest than a week later. Not saying an UDFA would be stupid enough to go down with a fictitious injury while trying to make a team. But it does make one think.

From his performance when he was on the field, he certainly showed a lot more than some of the others. Guys like Blake, Veltung, who eventually stuck around as PS players. Just wonder if there was more to his release than meets the eye.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was one of those camp guys who loved Helmick. But I also had a nice little chat with someone affiliated with the Lindenwood program, who claimed Mr. Helmick was not someone who enjoyed practicing. He didn't endear himself to his teammates, because he always seemed to come up with some sort of ailment (tweaked hamstring, tender ankle, etc) on Tues, which would render him unable to practice, but on Saturday, there he was showing up and being the best player on the field.

I found this to be an interesting comment the SECOND DAY of camp, and coincidently, he tweaks his hamstring lest than a week later. Not saying an UDFA would be stupid enough to go down with a fictitious injury while trying to make a team. But it does make one think.

From his performance when he was on the field, he certainly showed a lot more than some of the others. Guys like Blake, Veltung, who eventually stuck around as PS players. Just wonder if there was more to his release than meets the eye.

Sounds like it!

You got to work to survive on a Fisher roster.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The title should have been in blue.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Competition! We need Quick, Pettis, Givens and every living receiver soul to feel the completion. Last think I want is Larry, 'Curly and Moe as our top 3 wide receivers. I'm still cool with drafting Watkins or Evans.

If we draft Watkins or Evans, who gets cut?

TJ Quick Pettis
upload_2014-5-5_15-54-4.jpeg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No I don't! And I love Eric! I give. Enlighten moi!

I thought I posted a response but I guess I didn't.......I typed it out anyway.

Anyway Dickerson was getting poked by a reporter who told him that Greg Bell had gained 1000 yards for the Rams and his response was essentially "Big deal, Larry Curly and Mo could get 1000 behind that line".

I'm sure some other guys recall that.......but back then with no internet it didn't go far. These days it would go viral for sure.