Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So that was fun :). Owens going over Cena clean. Me marking out to a guy I wasn't even a fan of prior to the match winning his first WWE World Heavyweight Championship, only to have it taken away by a dusty finish. Rest of it was pretty crap, but those 2 made up for it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
So that was fun :). Owens going over Cena clean. Me marking out to a guy I wasn't even a fan of prior to the match winning his first WWE World Heavyweight Championship, only to have it taken away by a dusty finish. Rest of it was pretty crap, but those 2 made up for it.

Owens vs Cena was great, they put on a show and it was great Owens got the win. Ambrose vs Seth was solid as well. Not gonna lie the ending got me, I was shocked Dean won and was like yes only for it to go the other way.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And on Raw they sucked the momentum out of Kevin Owens win. They could've hyped the next match more, but no it turned into a John Cena motivational segment we've seen over and over again. I don't mind John Cena the wrestler, John Cena the character is beyond annoying.

It also made KO look like a coward. I was hoping WWE would make him a unstoppable badass like Brock Lesnar, but no. Generic heel with generic heel actions.

BTW the Authority is really annoying. I really hope Seth Rollins is on his own now, b/c the 3 way feud with the Shield guys is fun.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
What's the point of having Barrett win king of the ring if they're just going to make him job to freaking R-Truth!!!

Wwe always drop the ball with Barrett. He has potential to be a top heel since Triple H. He has good size at 6'7, he's a good worker, great speaker, and he has a face that screams bad guy.

He was getting momentum with his bad news gimmick and they take that away from him as soon as he starts to get over with the fans.

Sorry for the rant, Wade Barret is my favorite wrestler besides Ambrose and Rollins and I hate seeing him be booked poorly.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
What's the point of having Barrett win king of the ring if they're just going to make him job to freaking R-Truth!!!

Wwe always drop the ball with Barrett. He has potential to be a top heel since Triple H. He has good size at 6'7, he's a good worker, great speaker, and he has a face that screams bad guy.

He was getting momentum with his bad news gimmick and they take that away from him as soon as he starts to get over with the fans.

Sorry for the rant, Wade Barret is my favorite wrestler besides Ambrose and Rollins and I hate seeing him be booked poorly.

I agree. Really like him and they are just using him wrong. Freaking Shemus gets to (try) and be a badass character but Wade is just a jobber... Dumb.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
And on Raw they sucked the momentum out of Kevin Owens win. They could've hyped the next match more, but no it turned into a John Cena motivational segment we've seen over and over again. I don't mind John Cena the wrestler, John Cena the character is beyond annoying.

It also made KO look like a coward. I was hoping WWE would make him a unstoppable badass like Brock Lesnar, but no. Generic heel with generic heel actions.

BTW the Authority is really annoying. I really hope Seth Rollins is on his own now, b/c the 3 way feud with the Shield guys is fun.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like Cena when they let him get serious like last night.

Now I gotta admit I've only been watching WWE again (stopped in 2002) since last years elimination chamber so I've skipped his character being the same thing that whole time. The jokes and never give stuff does get old and I hate that he hardly loses or wins in the biggest comeback ever most of the time.

As for Owens I don't like him running out, he does that in NXT as well so I'm used to it. It would be way better if he stood his ground and fought though.

I agree about Seth, it's time he goes it alone. Dude has proved he can go now let him look strong by winning by himself.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Barrett is the WWE version of Bradford, a lot of talent, never realises it and as soon as he gets any momentum gets injured.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I agree. Really like him and they are just using him wrong. Freaking Shemus gets to (try) and be a badass character but Wade is just a jobber... Dumb.

Not only Sheamus, but big slow and Kane too. Wwe tries to hard to shove them down our throats! It's a shame because Barrett is really talented. I bet if they give him time to cut promos, he would get over.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RIP Dusty.
King of the self-inflicted razor-blade wound.
That dude was the reason I started watching NWA wrestling as a kid.
Him, Jack & Jerry Brisco, Kevin Sullivan, George 'The Animal' Steele, Terry Funk, Road Warriors, etc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
update-graphic-red-bar.jpg

11:37 AM PT -- Officials tell us ... emergency personnel responded to Dusty's home in Orlando, FL at 5:56 AM Wednesday morning after getting a call reporting a 69-year-old male had taken a fall.

We're told Rhodes was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he eventually passed away Thursday morning.

We're told Dusty's immediate family raced to be by his side as soon as they learned he was in the hospital.

Our sources tell us Dusty suffered "numerous complications" throughout the night ... which ultimately proved fatal.

update-grey-gray-bar.jpg

WWE superstar Dusty Rhodes -- famously known as "The American Dream" -- has died at age 69 ... the WWE confirms.

Rhodes -- real name Virgil Runnels -- passed away Thursday morning.

Rhodes, who famously rocked polka dot tights during his legendary career, was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.

Dusty had 4 children -- including two sons who also became wrestling superstars -- Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels).

The WWE issued a statement saying, "WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues."

WWE superstar Triple H posted a comment about his friend ... saying, "Saddened to hear the passing of Dusty Rhodes. Legend, teacher, mentor, friend...Love you Dream."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXVAYtXtEtg

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/11/dusty-rhodes-wwe-legend-dies/#ixzz3coH5sNcs

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Well that was pretty shit, Sheamus a guy people were tired of 10 years ago winning the money in the bank match. Cena over Owens, and Rollins over Ambrose.

To be fair the last 2 could be forgiven, but Sheamus winning MITB is idiotic at best.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Well that was pretty crap, Sheamus a guy people were tired of 10 years ago winning the money in the bank match. Cena over Owens, and Rollins over Ambrose.

To be fair the last 2 could be forgiven, but Sheamus winning MITB is idiotic at best.

Yeah I agree sheamus winning was unexpected and awful. I do like Wyatt vs Regins though. Figured Cena would win but that was a great match. At least Owens got the last laugh. I liked that Rollins won and won by himself, it's about time. The rest was mediocre.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah I agree sheamus winning was unexpected and awful. I do like Wyatt vs Regins though. Figured Cena would win but that was a great match. At least Owens got the last laugh. I liked that Rollins won and won by himself, it's about time. The rest was mediocre.

Yeah, Sheamus winning probably ruined the rest of the night for me.

At least the finish to the Cena Owens match keeps the feud going, although Owens going 2-0 would have made him look like a beast and have cemented his main event status, I guess I have no faith in the WWE to have Owens win the rubber match, but they could shock me.

My disappointment in Rollins Ambrose is I don't see anywhere for the feud to go anymore, Rollins won, there's no need for a re-match and it's been a really enjoyable feud, but got to start the Rollins Lesnar feud at some point I suppose, as long as they keep Ambrose looking strong and don't send him back to the mid-card I suppose it's there once Lesnar goes home again.

Wyatt vs Reigns would be fun, but Reigns is clearly going over so there's no reason to get invested in it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Lasts nights Raw was better than money in the bank... Owens/ Ziggler was great and thank you Owens for putting that awful rapper through the table. Wonder where Ambrose goes next? Wyatt and Regins first promo with each other was cool but they both needs wins and I'm sure Regins goes over. And of course the end where Lesner comes out, the look on Seth's face was perfect. Bold prediction I bet Rollins wins at battleground and then loses the rematch at summer slam.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Great to see Brock back. Really looking forward to his feud with Rollins.

John Cena actually selling an injury :eek:. Was expecting him to show up with no sign of having even wrestled this month.

Joe Owens tonight on NXT, should be a fantastic match, just wish it had been built more than just last weeks fantastic promo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well that was pretty crap, Sheamus a guy people were tired of 10 years ago winning the money in the bank match. Cena over Owens, and Rollins over Ambrose.

Well he's gotten no stories or character development. He had a little 2 week stint with Dolph, but why???

I like Sheamus. He and Wade Barrett should be at the top of the IC picture. But nope they are kinda just...there.