Posting and code of conduct

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is, swear words just need to be used appropriately

books

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So when you are in a public place and some yahoo is going off with a bunch of curse words, it doesn't bother you or make you think - just shut the hell up already? And I'm not talking about just a few or stopping at "freak that". I think you know me better than that.
The other day I was at a coffee shop working on my laptop, and my phone alarm went off, which sounds like a truck backing up. I had my headphones on so I didn't notice it for about 10mins. Well, as soon as I realized, I turned off the alarm. The guy sitting next to me started to go-off on me when he realized that it was my phone that had been making all the noise. I apologized 3 or 4 times for my mistake, but then he started dropping F-bombs all over the place, eventually telling me to go Fuck myself. That's when I told him ENOUGH in very strong but courteous language. He then said, "what are you going to do, hit a 73 yr old man?". So, I went up to the counter, and had the staff tell him to shut up, as there were little kids in earshot of his cursing. And he finally did stop.

So, yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you want the guy to just "shut the hell up" already. Especially when you're in a public place.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other day I was at a coffee shop working on my laptop, and my phone alarm went off, which sounds like a truck backing up. I had my headphones on so I didn't notice it for about 10mins. Well, as soon as I realized, I turned off the alarm. The guy sitting next to me started to go-off on me when he realized that it was my phone that had been making all the noise. I apologized 3 or 4 times for my mistake, but then he started dropping F-bombs all over the place, eventually telling me to go freak myself. That's when I told him ENOUGH in very strong but courteous language. He then said, "what are you going to do, hit a 73 yr old man?". So, I went up to the counter, and had the staff tell him to shut up, as there were little kids in earshot of his cursing. And he finally did stop.

So, yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you want the guy to just "shut the hell up" already. Especially when you're in a public place.
You should have kicked the old geezer's ass (oops, did I say ass?)

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I'm just gonna say this...Can u imagine the issues we would have on the post game threads if we werent allowed to cuss....holy hell, i assume aneurisms would happen across the board...cause those threads are full of some of the harshest stuff around here....I also want to go on record that this thread cracks me up, the shit people are coming back with had me laughing out loud. lol Thanks to the mods and the whatnots for not banning the curse words.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I apologized 3 or 4 times for my mistake, but then he started dropping F-bombs all over the place, eventually telling me to go freak myself. That's when I told him ENOUGH in very strong but courteous language.

Someone told me that once. I told him if I could do that I woulda never got married. :p

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Notice he didn't say you fucks can't carry a freaking gun in freaking town. Heck - I don't agree with what he said but I could listen to Sam Eliot all day long. :love:
i'm surprised Sam didnt say "you boys can carry guns in town, as long as you drive a Dodge Ram. (y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well said, i do the same.
This room is the internet.
Well, yeah and nah.

Like, in "this room", I wouldn't have the same dialogue with you as I would with Prime Time. I know he's not a big fan of cursing, so I tend to dial it back around him. Just a courtesy I extend to him. You, I could tell you to go fuck yourself, and it would just mean goodbye. Or, you know, I could want you to go fuck yourself. :snicker:

A55VA6

Legend
I use occasional swear words to express excitement or frustration, but just as long as the filter does it's job, it shouldn't be a problem! lol but I respect that some people don't use or want to see that sort of language.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, yeah and nah.

Like, in "this room", I wouldn't have the same dialogue with you as I would with Prime Time. I know he's not a big fan of cursing, so I tend to dial it back around him. Just a courtesy I extend to him. You, I could tell you to go freak yourself, and it would just mean goodbye. Or, you know, I could want you to go freak yourself. :snicker:
Yeah i get that, but unless we're in a PM it's all there for anyone and everyone to read if they choose to log into this site and do so. Posting here isn't really like being in a room or a bar or a restaurant...unless the owner of ROD decides to censor people like a bar owner could.

I guess my point is if this board (in the near future)wants to be cleaner, do it because it just wants to be cleaner and present a different image, not to shield anyone from reading curse words.

I understand the OP and thankfully it's quite a simple message. Cuss all you want, just don't be cute with your typing so the filter can do it's job. Got it. I guess my little problem(Lol) is when someone complains about certain posters dropping too many F bombs consistently in here because it bothers them or any children/young adults who visit.
Two things:

1) This is the internet. You aren't hiding anything from anyone...including your children or your neighbors children. I have 2 daughters(12 & 15). I don't curse around them either...OK an occasional "shit" :) They watch youtube, they watch movies, they go to school. It's a differnt time as you well know.
2) That's not a violation in here. Those are the ground rules set forth. If you don't like it, put them on ignore just like you would someone else who brings a whole lotta bullshit to the table, or too much negativity...for instance.

I probably sound like i'm upset about this. I'm not. I'm just passionate over censorship and up tight Americans on the internet. :D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Well, yeah and nah.

Like, in "this room", I wouldn't have the same dialogue with you as I would with Prime Time. I know he's not a big fan of cursing, so I tend to dial it back around him. Just a courtesy I extend to him. You, I could tell you to go freak yourself, and it would just mean goodbye. Or, you know, I could want you to go freak yourself. :snicker:

Is dumbass considered a curse word? Cause I'm not giving that one up. :)Thanks for the courtesy though, -X-. (y) My favorite is on TV when in Seth Rogan movies they substitute "melon farmer" for the ten-letter-M word. Btw how come the word "ass" can't be used but "assassin" can? I mean the word "ass" is used twice in a row.

Honestly, how hard is it not to use the F-word every other sentence when we post? Surely we can do better than that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly, how hard is it not to use the F-word every other sentence when we post? Surely we can do better than that.
It's easy for you, not so much for others. Does it really bother you(and others)? Or is this about the image of the site? Both?