Positives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Well, the one "positive" that i can think of is that the coaching staff will have a lot of fun this week trying to do what they couldn't do in seven weeks. Make a team out of this mess!

RamzFanz

Damnit
This thread should be deleted and restarted. We HAVE a vent thread. I HAVE a ton of positives I want to talk about but there's way too much negative noise.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bennie Cunningham ran hard
JJ didn't get his named called
Quick is a starting caliber WR
TJMac is back
The D as a whole looked ready to play and primed to dominate if the offense can do its job

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I thought the secondary overall looked really good today. Outside of the Patterson run they tackled well, and played very physical ball.

Quick did well, and the kid has a vicious stiff arm. Just has to learn to can't hold onto the face mask lol.

jjab360

Legend
That's flat out ridiculous. Break-in time is over now.
Next week this team destroys Tampa. Especially with a bunch of ROD's finest in attendance.
This team is starting to develop an identity of extreme highs and extreme lows. Hopefully next week is one of those extreme high weeks and we ride that wave for a while. And then hopefully the consistency will come with the experience. And until proven otherwise, I'm going to look at today's game as an aberration for a team that wasn't really properly prepared, and was maybe feeling themselves a little too much as young teams tend to do. And heck, maybe the Vikings turn out to be better than we thought they were (though no way in hell I admit that to the Vikings fans I was arguing with on another board lol).

Either way, I don't see how we repeat this performance against a TB team that we've absolutely dismantled the past couple of years even at times when we weren't playing our best.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Although Brian wasn't Quick to learn the playbook his first two years, I'm glad he's finally playing like the receiver we intended him to be
EJ Gaines some momentum, looking good for a 6th round pick at the #2 spot
Robert Quintessential, 'nuff said
Minus that errant throw by Shaun, he looked good overall and we could've saw a different game had he not turned it over to give the Vikings short field position. It's going to be an upHill battle keeping him healthy

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
That Donald vine was one of the highlights of my day. Watching Loadholt clutching nothing but jersey & falling on his face is awesome! I'll never get tired of that gif.

jjab360

Legend
That Donald vine was one of the highlights of my day. Watching Loadholt clutching nothing but jersey & falling on his face is awesome! I'll never get tired of that gif.
You could tell he was a little PO'd the way he slings Peterson around at the end of the play lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This team is starting to develop an identity of extreme highs and extreme lows. Hopefully next week is one of those extreme high weeks and we ride that wave for a while. And then hopefully the consistency will come with the experience. And until proven otherwise, I'm going to look at today's game as an aberration for a team that wasn't really properly prepared, and was maybe feeling themselves a little too much as young teams tend to do. And heck, maybe the Vikings turn out to be better than we thought they were (though no way in hell I admit that to the Vikings fans I was arguing with on another board lol).

Either way, I don't see how we repeat this performance against a TB team that we've absolutely dismantled the past couple of years even at times when we weren't playing our best.
Agreed. I think they need to beat the hell out of someone in order to start to believe that they belong in the upper ranks. The offense is just confusing to watch though. Not sure what to even make of it. It has all these elements of good ideas, but nothing in the way of continuity or symmetry. I really don't want to come down on Schotty too much, because I really do see the execution failures that are making him look bad. But at the same time, I'm just not seeing any kind of an identity.

Hope it shows up in spades next week.

jjab360

Legend
Agreed. I think they need to beat the hell out of someone in order to start to believe that they belong in the upper ranks. The offense is just confusing to watch though. Not sure what to even make of it. It has all these elements of good ideas, but nothing in the way of continuity or symmetry. I really don't want to come down on Schotty too much, because I really do see the execution failures that are making him look bad. But at the same time, I'm just not seeing any kind of an identity.

Hope it shows up in spades next week.
For some reason, I think Schotty just performs better when he doesn't have any faith in his QB. He knew he couldn't depend on Clemens last year, and found a way to score without him. I think when the Rams said they weren't going to change anything in the offense even without Bradford, that was a mistake. Hill isn't Bradford, he doesn't have his arm or his grasp of the offense, I think you need to adjust your gameplan accordingly.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
For some reason, I think Schotty just performs better when he doesn't have any faith in his QB. He knew he couldn't depend on Clemens last year, and found a way to score without him. I think when the Rams said they weren't going to change anything in the offense even without Bradford, that was a mistake. Hill isn't Bradford, he doesn't have his arm or his grasp of the offense, I think you need to adjust your gameplan accordingly.
I'm of the mind that you run plays early, to set up plays, later, in the game. Am I wrong? And run what works until the other team stops it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Interesting perspective.

TShram03

UDFA
Pretty much all been covered. These guys were generally a positive to me, in descending order according to positivity of overall impact on the game and successful play:

Quickie (I'm not gonna hold the penalty against him. Yet. I'm just happy to see him consistently open and targeted intermediate + deep.)
Hekker (haha)
Quinn
Cookie
Janoris
Donald
EJ (I hold him to a high standard. He does the same. He's not happy w/ this tho he generally showed well for a 6th round rookie in 1st game. He can and will get better.)
Langford
LaMarcus
Jake Long (Seemed like most of the breakdowns on the line were in the interior.)
Tavon (Seemed to be playing fast and decisively, but the questions about how he was integrated by Shotty are legit. And I'm one of his apologists.)

Can't really remember much positive flash from anyone else on the roster.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Well regardless of who plays QB or who is even calling plays for that matter, we NEED to at least attempt to throw the ball down field. The Vikings had no respect for our deep game. At all. They had a single high safety 95% of the game, even on some 3rd and long plays. It was very odd. I mean I know Hill doesn't have a cannon but they were playing him like he had no arms at all.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Does that mean, if our QB went for a swim, we could call him Bob? *rimshot*

RamsesIII

UDFA

After watching that gif, I feel fine about the kids. Give them time. Man... Donald is lightning! Teams are going to have to stop pulling the guard over him, or he'll run them out of backs. ( And that was All-World Adrian, too ) So funny to watch that tackle try to grab his shirt tail as Donald flew by. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

after that play I remarked to myself that had we been in the lead the announcers would have gone berserk, but they hardly noticed nor commented,that play should lead the highlights on somebodies program
BTW I picked up my autographed Aaron Donald jersey at Rams Park Friday,it is the only autographed item I have ever owned in my 64 years,I intend to keep it until he becomes an all pro and then put it in my grandkids school auction and put in a minimum bid.
The kid has greatness written all over him.