Positive media view!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Willie

Starter
Finally, JLau gettin some love! Quality dude. Brings his lunch pail to work every day, and rarely misses a day of work. Not the big thumper in the middle that I'd prefer, but one helluva player and good guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You think about this stuff and what it means. Would Wells really be starting if it weren't for his ability to read a defense? I think we all see the deficiencies in his blocking abilities these days.

People want to bag on JL but IMO he is no where near as much of a liability in the physical part of his game as Wells. In fact, I think he is one of the better true MLBs in the game right now. True that he's not a thumper and is not as physically gifted as some but he is always around the ball, is a good blitzer, rarely misses a snap, and is pretty good in pass coverage (I know some don't agree but...). So even without his ability to call the defense, he is still a pretty damn good player.

Add in his ability to recognize offenses, direct the defense, and learn a system and I personally am damn glad we have him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He was doing it on ARZ too. Palmer's injury, yeah, James played the banjo and Barron ended his season. Not bragging, but I'm proud that the Rams are knocking out their opponents with clean hits. It's beautiful...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have been hard on JL lately but this post says (to me anyway ) why JL has been the starting QB of our defense since being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft. Another is due to the fact he has started all 90 Ram games. Plus JL has 700 tackles over this period of time. This season his tacks are down a bit however he is on target for about 110 tacks in 2014 which will be his lowest tack number since joining the Rams. His PDEF's are really down.

JL was never a real fast MLB'er but quick enough to be in the right spot when needed due to a very good working brain. JL is much better in rushing the passer than most think. My biggest issue is JL just does not bring the hit on his tackles normal skill for a MLB'er.

Last edited:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wouldn't trade JL for any LB in the league right now. The dude motivates his team, he makes big plays every game, and he lays all he has out on the field. He has been the veteran presence that this defense needs with the absence of Long.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My biggest issue is JL just does not bring the hit on his tackles normal skill for a MLB'er.
Of the MLBs you can think of that do, how many have played every game of their careers? I don't know, just curious. I think I'd rather have a sure tackling defensive QB that is always there and let the likes of McD, Tree, and now Barron lay the wood when someone gets past the line. Having a MLB that can do all of that would be a plus but how many of those are really out there?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
JL's shift and movement over the Broncos center is a thing of beauty to watch, it's what made it possible for Quinn to get to Manning and Donald to get the sack Sunday!! I wish I had the video to share, it's awesome!!:D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JL's shift and movement over the Broncos center is a thing of beauty to watch, it's what made it possible for Quinn to get to Manning and Donald to get the sack Sunday!! I wish I had the video to share, it's awesome!!:D
Loved watching the center go to block a guy who was no longer there. Priceless.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wouldn't trade JL for any LB in the league right now. The dude motivates his team, he makes big plays every game, and he lays all he has out on the field. He has been the veteran presence that this defense needs with the absence of Long.

...and he plays a hell of an air guitar.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
4-3 MLB's aren't easy to replace. We know this.
I'm glad we've got talent and stability there.

TexasRam

Legend
I wonder if my eyes are deceiving me or JL has been blitzing more since the niners game. It's seems GW had finally learned to use Jl in a way that really elevates the D.

Blitz the MLB right up the middle. It's the way the rest of our division foes successfully conduct business.