Poll: Who do you see as our 3 Qb's this season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The two QB's that make the team?

• Case Kennum

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • Austin Davis

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Kennum and Mannion will be the backups lets just hope neither one of them sees any significant time under center.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Voted Kennum Mannion.

But if Foles signs long term Mannion has to wow to stay on roster all year. Any contract Foles signs will be long enough that Mannion might be a FA before Foles,

What does a long term deal for Foles have anything to do with Mannion staying on the team this year? Nothing. Mannion will be on the team all year because he would be claimed on waivers. You don't release a third round pick in his first year, just because you signed your starting QB to a long term deal. That is nonsense.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What does a long term deal for Foles have anything to do with Mannion staying on the team this year? Nothing. Mannion will be on the team all year because he would be claimed on waivers. You don't release a third round pick in his first year, just because you signed your starting QB to a long term deal. That is nonsense.
To free a roster spot for some other player that can actually contribute.
People thought they would keep Gilbert on roster all year. How did that work out.
And just because the Rams valued him as a 3rd rounder doesn't mean other teams had him that high.
To reserve a roster spot for a marginal player who doesn't wow in camp just because of his draft status is nonsense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not writing off Davis. He was more than just a conservative game manager early last year. He actually put us in good position to win, had our defense not struggled so baddly early on.

Big Willie

Starter
He's not going to clear waivers, and they aren't going to give up on a 3 rounder that soon, regardless of how bad he is as a rookie.
While unlikely, not impossible as this Rams regime seems like they don't believe their jobs are in jeopardy anytime soon.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
As much as I hate to say it, because it was great fun while it lasted, I think Davis is gone.

But I genuinely hope he gets picked up by another team and makes someone else's 53 because he deserves it.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
To free a roster spot for some other player that can actually contribute.
People thought they would keep Gilbert on roster all year. How did that work out.
And just because the Rams valued him as a 3rd rounder doesn't mean other teams had him that high.
To reserve a roster spot for a marginal player who doesn't wow in camp just because of his draft status is nonsense.

Plenty of high draft picks are kept on the roster even though they do not "wow". Mannion was grabbed for potential not to contribute this year. You are going to be hard pressed to find any 3rd round picks dropped during the first year for this reason (I think practically any 3rd rounder you find cut in their first year will be due to other reasons than not "wow"ing in camp). gilbert was a 6th rounder ...in theory much lower potential....

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion at the very least is expected to be the long term backup, if not a starter. They won't cut him unless he's horrendous or he commits a serious crime or something. Even if they sign Foles long term they need a backup, preferably an inexpensive one - you know, on a rookie contract.

They also believe that with development Mannion can become a solid starter - so why would they cut him? To make room for another guy to be the 53rd on the roster, somebody who is unlikely to be more important to the team going forward than an inexpensive backup QB? Don't think so. That would just mean that the Rams would need to spend millions on a backup QB next season. They need to develop one in house, and the one they chose over many other options is Mannion.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Two things...

Teams keep highly drafted but unproductive rookies all the time. Sometimes for years. Pead could be Exhibit A for this on the Rams.

I agree with the majority that says it will be Keenum and Mannion. And I also pray that we not see either of them on the field. Except in mop up duty. Lol.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Voted Kennum Mannion.

But if Foles signs long term Mannion has to wow to stay on roster all year. Any contract Foles signs will be long enough that Mannion might be a FA before Foles,

You don't want your very own Brock Osweiler?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion wasn't drafted for this year. Hell you don't draft anybody for the present, each draft pick is a long term investment not something to produce right away or be let go. Mannion would have to flop on an astronomical level to not be on this years 53.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Um... how in the hell would Mannion not be on the roster this year? 3rd-rounder, QB of the future... he won't be on the gameday roster, most likely, but he'll be on the 53.

And for the other, I also voted Keenum. Rams seem to like him, and I don't like Davis's game much.

jap

Legend
Johnny Hekker: "Maybe there will be three players formerly listed as QB's on this squad, but everyone & their grandmother knows! who has the best passer rating on this team!" :sneaky:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
While I agree with the majority, does everyone realize Davis had virtually the same numbers as Foles?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The battle between Keenum & Davis looks very interesting, could be quite close. I'm thinking Mannion should develop a hangnail after the last pre-season game so he can be placed on IR.

Foles
Davis
Keenum

IR: Mannion

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Foles
Mannion
Davis

I think it comes down to Davis and Keenum but I think Davis showed some talent with a very bad O-line and coming off the bench after being the 3rd QB through training camp.

My biggest hope is that it really doesn't matter and Foles plays well for 19 games.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://nflspinzone.com/2015/07/26/st-louis-rams-training-camp-predictions/2/

St. Louis Rams Training Camp Predictions
by Matt LaPan

Sean Mannion Will Emerge As Backup QB

The Rams traded for their starting quarterback in the offseason when they acquired Nick Foles from the Philadelphia Eagles. They made another big move for the quarterback position when they spent a third-round pick in the NFL Draft on former Oregon State signal caller Sean Mannion.

Mansion had a disappointing senior season in Corvallis, he is a great fit for the Rams. Mannion’s strong arm and tendency to stretch the field mimic the skill set of Foles. This is why Mannion will defeat Case Keenum and Austin Davis for the backup role during his first training camp.

Mansion does have a lot to learn before becoming a starting quarterback, Mannion can learn under Foles and his 14-4 record over the past two season. He can also learn ball control from new quarterbacks coach, Chris Weinke. Weinke has been training some of the best quarterback draft prospects at IMG Academy, making him an ideal coach for Mannion.

While both Keenum and Davis have seen NFL snaps, the matching skill set and potential to be the quarterback of the future will help propel Mannion into the backup role by the end of Training Camp

This gets better by the second.....