(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I haven't seen anything to convince me that the original leak that it is Wentz is off. Saying it's Goff seems like the Rams and the NFL were trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

Plus, Snead has shown consistently to pick potential over current ability in the 1st. Sounds like Wentz to me.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Goff throws the prettier ball, accuracy edge eyes and feet work well together.
Wentz more athletic, bigger arm played in pro style system.

They must love one of them wonder which?
I have concerns over level of competition, I know some don't but the NFL will in essence be 2 steps up in competition and yes lower competition makes you look better, more polished and more ready no doubt about it in my experience.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Wentz has the IT factor. The dude is a winner. Watching his combine interviews he just seems like more of a positive locker room guy. Reminds me of Andrew Luck/Russell Wilson type. Goff might be more polished now but Wentz will grow and have the intangibles.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I had to peak my head in here to see the vibe after the trade. I chose option 3.

How in the world according to Garp can anyone like this deal, or, for that matter trust this front office on QB evaluation at all? THEY SUCK!

I suppose Mannion now stands as a throw away third round pick. Bradford and Foles were also supposed to be the answer. This regime is given yet another fresh start? As someone said on another Rams site:

"Fisher is finally going to win a championship for the Titans".

After all of that blood and treasure the Rams gave up, there isn't even a clear cut choice amongst the botched and bungled pajama warriors as to who savior of the franchise is going to be? There is also no ammo left to give whoever it is the keys to succeed. This is a half baked, poorly planned, Bradrord redoux! By the way, Bradford was an elite prospect.

I was going to ride off into the sunset after Enos pulled the real life "Major League" thing on our city. However, this crazy trade was announced during an NHL show that I listen to. As a former season ticket holder, I felt the urge to chime in. It is hard to walk away from a 20 year passion. I'm also sorry if I urinated on anyone's parade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to peak my head in here to see the vibe after the trade. I chose option 3.

How in the world according to Garp can anyone like this deal, or, for that matter trust this front office on QB evaluation at all? THEY SUCK!

I suppose Mannion now stands as a throw away third round pick. Bradford and Foles were also supposed to be the answer. This regime is given yet another fresh start? As someone said on another Rams site:

After all of that blood and treasure the Rams gave up, there isn't even a clear cut choice amongst the botched and bungled pajama warriors as to who savior of the franchise is going to be? There is also no ammo left to give whoever it is the keys to succeed. This is a half baked, poorly planned, Bradrord redoux! By the way, Bradford was an elite prospect.

I was going to ride off into the sunset after Enos pulled the real life "Major League" thing on our city. However, this crazy trade was announced during an NHL show that I listen to. As a former season ticket holder, I felt the urge to chime in. It is hard to walk away from a 20 year passion. I'm also sorry if I urinated on anyone's parade.

How can I trust the FO's evaluation? Because I've evaluated the two guys that they are considering and felt they were worth the trade up before the Rams made the deal. So that made it pretty easy for me to accept.

Mannion isn't a throw away. He's the expected outcome of a 3rd round QB...a backup. Your percentage chances of drafting a starting QB in the 3rd round are around 10%.

And what reason do the Rams have to announce their pick today? Whoever we draft also has the talent around him to succeed.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
How is Mannion not a throw away? Third round picks are supposed to develop. This trade ended him. Do you think the Rams will keep 4 QB's? For the record, I think he is a starting caliber QB. He will now be on the scrap heap though.

Fisher and company have now had a new QB day 1 plan 3 years in a row. The fact that anyone pays these clowns is laughable.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller

Rams have the 1st overall, two 4th rounders, and two 6th rounders this year. Next year we have all of our picks (2,3,4,5,6,7) except our 1st. Chill out, that's hardly "no ammo". This draft is focused on getting our FRANCHISE QB and depth. Next year we nab WR and other offensive pieces.

The Rams are setting themselves up quite nicely. Young QB talent is invaluable because of the cap. We use the cap saved at the QB position to lock up Ogletree, Brock and Tru. All of the sudden you have playmakers on all sides of the ball.

This move makes the Rams contenders now (we all know we were an average QB away from the playoffs) and SERIOUS contenders in 2-3 years.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Foles was an average QB. The "brain trust" thought so much of him that they extended him.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The Rams thought so much of Foles that they extended him. They were so sure he was awesome they paid the man the second he showed up. How did that work out?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is Mannion not a throw away? Third round picks are supposed to develop. This trade ended him. Do you think the Rams will keep 4 QB's? For the record, I think he is a starting caliber QB. He will now be on the scrap heap though.

Fisher and company have now had a new QB day 1 plan 3 years in a row. The fact that anyone pays these clowns is laughable.

Because backup QBs are actually considered to be pretty valuable and if Mannion manages to look decent, he'll get trade interest. I just told you what the chances are that you draft a starting QB in the 3rd round.

I think the Rams will get rid of Foles long before they get rid of Mannion.

The fact that you take issue with the Rams not sticking with crappy options at QB year after year makes you come off far more "clownish" than they do imo.

The Rams got tired of trying to plug the QB holes with a bunch of low percentage options. They made a ballsy move and increased the odds of finding a viable starting QB significantly. And they did it in the right year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
150 total votes. Nice turnout ROD.
giphy.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Tough one for me.

Wentz.
1) Played under center and called his own protection. Pretty advanced.
2) Like his size and athleticism.
3) Not sure about the level of competition he faced, but has proven to be a winner.

Goff.
1) Smart, accurate pocket passer. Which I like. I'd take an A Rodgers over a Cam. Probably just me.
2) played against some tough competition.
3) His frame concerns me. It sounds as though doctors have figured out why he couldn't gain weight and have addressed the issue. I'm just a bit gun shy after the injuries to Bradford.
I want a guy that's going to play every game. Every year.
I'm probably just being overly cautious.
After reading my post.
I'm now leaning towards Goff.

Athos

Legend
Still hate this team. Still soured on football....

But if you guys go Goff, you'd better have a change in offensive philosophy or a QB with Goff's skill set is going to be utterly wasted. Just wasted.

You have to design your system to maximize Goff's talents. That means opening things up a bit more. He's an anticipation thrower with great placement. Gets the ball out super quick. Throws guys open. Has great touch. I think you'd have to speed up the style of O. You'd definitely need some better WR talent. And to get him a real passing threat.

Wentz seems to fit Fisher ball. A Big Ben type. An early Big Ben type when the Steelers were still about running and D. He didn't evolve into the prolific passer until later when they changed the system.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Still hate this team. Still soured on football....

But if you guys go Goff, you'd better have a change in offensive philosophy or a QB with Goff's skill set is going to be utterly wasted. Just wasted.

You have to design your system to maximize Goff's talents. That means opening things up a bit more. He's an anticipation thrower with great placement. Gets the ball out super quick. Throws guys open. Has great touch. I think you'd have to speed up the style of O. You'd definitely need some better WR talent. And to get him a real passing threat.

Wentz seems to fit Fisher ball. A Big Ben type. An early Big Ben type when the Steelers were still about running and D. He didn't evolve into the prolific passer until later when they changed the system.
Hey man, I miss you around here! I understand the hate and bitterness I still have it too but youve always been a great poster and youve been missed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams go with the bigger guy who actually has taken more snaps under center and runs the ball. Fisher was most successful with a big QB from a small school that could run too combined with a great RB as well...Connect the Dots!