(Poll) Do you want Todd Gurley on the cover of the new Madden game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want Todd Gurley on the cover of the new Madden game?

• Yes, it will bring more attention to the Rams

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • No, there's a curse you dummy

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/09/madden-game-ditches-fan-vote-for-cover-athlete/

Madden game ditches fan vote for cover athlete
Posted by Mike Florio on May 9, 2016

madden_covers-e1462826687165.jpg

In 2010, EA Sports partnered with ESPN to conduct a fan vote to determine the cover athlete for the annual Madden video game. This year, there will be no vote, according to Eric Fisher of SportsBusiness Journal.

But there will be a cover athlete, as selected by EA Sports and announced on Thursday.

The contest at one point commenced with a 64-player bracket. In 2014, only 16 were in the pool. Last year, a four-player vote resulted in Odell Beckham Jr. getting the gig.

Make your guesses below as to who it will be. I’ll make three: (1) Jameis Winston; (2) Todd Gurley; (3) Josh Norman.

EA Sports has had the exclusive NFL video game contract since 2004. In 2014, the NFL said that EA Sports held the rights for a “couple more years.”

I’ve complained multiple times in the past about the quality of the game. However, the 2016 version of the Madden franchise was the best ever — a dynamic that was balanced out by regression of the FIFA game and a lingering malaise with the NHL series.

This year’s version comes out on August 23. And I plan to pre-order it.
History of the Madden Curse. Click the link below.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-madden-curse/

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't believe in the curse.

I just don't want him too overhyped.

Voted; no

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Once upon a time i was a Madden junkie badass, Stopped playing several years ago. Who's been on the cover recently? I know the curse was legit there for awhile.

Vote pending...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I worry about the Madden curse about as much as a voodoo curse...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh there's a curse alright.

But I'd still want him on the cover because it would look cool in my collection.
I have all the Madden games dating back to 1994.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Yes.

I don't believe in curses -- however I do believe we landed on the moon.

I suppose that makes me some sort of nutcase.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Haha. I don't want him on the cover because he really hasn't done much yet. Wait until we win a SB

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who's been on the cover recently?

Odell Beckham Jr.

I don't believe in the curse.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/myth-reality-madden-curse/story?id=33310522

The Madden series, named after former player and coach John Madden, started in 1989. But the Madden curse may have started with the 1999 edition of the game, according to BleacherReport.com.

1999: That's when San Francisco 49ers player Garrison Hearst became the first player on the cover of the game. In the postseason that year, he broke his ankle and missed the next two seasons.

2000: Following Madden NFL 2000, cover model Green Bay Packers running back Dorsey Levens performed poorly and was eventually released by the team in 2001.

Players like Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson, featured on Madden 13, seemed to defy the curse. He set the NFL record for receiving yards in a season after he was chosen for the cover. Madden told TMZ in 2013 that Johnson broke the curse.

I worry about the Madden curse about as much as a voodoo curse...

200.gif

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm not superstitious at all so yes, of course I want him on the cover. If OBJ deserved to be on the cover then so does Gurley.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Also, I just read where the player on the cover will be announced this week. On May 12th at 6:00 p.m. on ESPN they'll name the player and have a trailer for it. If I was a betting man I'd say Cam Newton gets it but after him Gurley has as much of a chance as anybody.

Ram65

Legend
No No No

Haven't the Rams been cursed since they won the Super Bowl?

It sure feels that way......... Let someone else temp fate....Carson Palmer anyone?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I want to see him on the Mortal Kombat cover. I bet he'd have some sick combos. Lol