Players cut that Rams might be interested in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Jwise1727 thinking deja vu:
Gerald Rivers was cut by the Jags. Didn't we try to stash him on our PS last year?
Yes we did. We were raped and pillaged. Or at least pillaged. By the Jags.

Now we have no room for him even if we still liked him. I never understood the love for him but many thought he had potential.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Kyle Orton is no longer an option. Word is he's a bill now, one year deal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been very impressed by Trey Watts but I'll say this, if Cleveland cuts Isaiah Crowell, the Rams need to claim him. They gave him all of 2 carries prior to Week 4(rumor is that they want to stash him on their PS and were hiding him...is it true? IDK) and then gave him 13 in Week 4. He turned those 13 carries into 100+ yards and a TD.

Here's a couple highlights:

This is a 5'11" 225 pound HB that ran for 1100+ yards and 15 TDs last year in college. As you can see in the clips above, the guys runs hard and has the speed to take it the distance. There's no reason he should hit the open market. Feel like he could be a huge steal.

Another guy I like is David Fales as a developmental QB but I don't see Chicago releasing him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The videos are unavailable now @jrry32

Must be ROD. They work on nfl.com. Copy and paste the link below:
Code:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000385540/Q4-Crowell-48-yard-touchdown-run
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000385544/Q3-Crowell-23-yard-run

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I've been very impressed by Trey Watts but I'll say this, if Cleveland cuts Isaiah Crowell, the Rams need to claim him. They gave him all of 2 carries prior to Week 4(rumor is that they want to stash him on their PS and were hiding him...is it true? IDK) and then gave him 13 in Week 4. He turned those 13 carries into 100+ yards and a TD.

Here's a couple highlights:

This is a 5'11" 225 pound HB that ran for 1100+ yards and 15 TDs last year in college. As you can see in the clips above, the guys runs hard and has the speed to take it the distance. There's no reason he should hit the open market. Feel like he could be a huge steal.

Another guy I like is David Fales as a developmental QB but I don't see Chicago releasing him.

Crowell had arguably the most talent of any RB in this year's draft class. I hope the Rams would be all over him if he's cut loose.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, unfortunately, NFL.com doesn't make videos out of 0-5 yard runs. I watched all of his preseason carries on Preseason Live or whatever it's called on NFL.com. I saw an extremely talented kid that was breaking tackles, being decisive, and getting up-field rather than dancing. Still needs refinement (needs to do a better job of pressing the LOS, for example) but he's an immensely talented HB.

And frankly, I don't see how you can give a neutral grade for a play where he found the seam, exploded through it and outran everyone to the end-zone. Not every HB can do that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

First of all, technically Cleveland runs the Shanahan-Gibbs ZBS so there isn't a true hole where he's supposed to run. That's left up to the determination of the HB. It was an incredibly well blocked run(don't disagree with you). The two OLs in the middle did a great job of each sealing the defender to give him a seam.

But I disagree with the notion that he didn't burst, didn't explode through the hole, and that any of our HBs could have done that.

First of all, he eliminated the angle of #30 on the Bears due to his acceleration through the hole. Second of all, I don't buy that any of our HBs have the breakaway speed...except maybe Cunningham...to score on that play. Crowell barely was able to get in and he has juice. Even then, I'm not sold that Cunningham would have scored as Crowell has a step on him, imo, and it took an acrobatic play for him to make it in. Not going to bother with Pead because he's not on the active roster anymore.

Finally, would you consider a play like this to be neutral:

After all, Johnson just hits the crease and takes it the distance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Speed is part of a HB's ability. Most HBs can't eliminate angles like Chris Johnson can. Which means they wouldn't be scoring. It's like with Tavon Austin at WR. You hit him on a crossing route and he turns the corner, he can take it the distance untouched due to his speed. The fact that he is untouched doesn't make it a lesser play or mean that any player could make the play. Tavon simply has wheels that allow him to beat defenders especially if they don't take a conservative angle.

It's what made Chris Johnson so dangerous and makes Jamaal Charles so dangerous. They get that crease and they can take it to the house. Not every HB can.

Rambition

Rookie
If Josey couldn't make it as a piece in that offense, he's not going to have much of a shot anywhere else.

He really should've gone back to school.
can't blame him for not doing that, though...after two serious injuries to the same knee, his time was now or never.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Crowell is closer to being the starting RB for the Browns than he is being cut.