Philip Seymour Hoffman dead after apparent drug overdose: cops

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Larry Celona and Bruce Golding
February 2, 2014 | 1:28pm

philip-seymour-hoffman.jpg

Philip Seymour HoffmanPhoto: Getty Images

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.

A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.

Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.

In 2006, Hoffman publicly admitted that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse graduating from NYU’s drama school, but got sober in rehab.

“It was all that (drug as alcohol), yeah. I was anything I could get my hands on…I liked it all,” he told “60 Minutes” as the time.

Last year, Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again for ten days after relapsing in 2012.

TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is sad, I loved his work. It's a shame that he couldn't overcome.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damn, was a really great actor. A shame.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Bummer, that guy was a really good. Hey, wow I love my new avatar. Who do I thank for that?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was thinking Dusty from Twister

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sad news. He has young children.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bummer. I always liked the guy as an actor while my wife couldn't stand him. His characters were generally pretty hard to like but I thought he was an actual actor unlike some that were always the same guy. All that said, this doesn't surprise me one bit - sadly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recently saw him in the 2nd Hunger Games movie, and I guess they're in the process of filming the third (which he's also in).
I think my favorite role that he played was in Mission Impossible III.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice, I drive by that sign but it never seemed to have the Rams helmet until now, pretty cool.
I hope I didn't plant any ideas in your head. Not sure what the vandalism fine is in your town. :sneaky:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I recently saw him in the 2nd Hunger Games movie, and I guess they're in the process of filming the third (which he's also in).
I think my favorite role that he played was in Mission Impossible III.
Yeah - I think mine was "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". K - maybe that was because Marisa Tomei gets naked in it.;)

fearsomefour

Legend
He was a fantastic actor. Just saw an older movie of his called Owning Mulhruny (might have the spelling wrong), based on a true story about an gambling addict.
He was amazinlg subtle in that movie. Really could feel the desperation in his performance without any histrionics.
Very sad. Was sober for 22 years until 2012. The move, The Master, sort of a strange movie that I thought he was fantastic in as well....that seemed to be about when he fell of the wagon. Did that movie with class A weirdo Jauquin Phoenix. Who knows if there is a connection there.

Sidebar, when an addict ODs how come no one ever says "At least he was doing what he loved."