Peter King on top of draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
PK said he doesn't see Johnny Football in Houston. Doesn't fit the profile in Houston. Thinks they go with Bortles at #1 or in a trade down.

He stated the obvious, Snead wants to trade down. Didn't name a single player. Just that Snead is spoiled having picks and wants more.

Said Jax is a great fit for Johnny Football, and that JF won't get past #3.

Knows that Cleveland scouts really like Manziel and they let Norv Turner go, and that fits them going after Manziel.

He said it's early but if it ends up that Houston fall in love with Bortles and takes him at #1, then Snead is in business in a bidding war between Jax and Cleveland for Manziel.

I am curious that PK didn't mention Teddy at all in the conversation.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't take that guy early in the draft at all. I'm sure some NFL scouts see it the same way.

I think jrry said he would take Teddy at #2 and have him replace Sam.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think jrry said he would take Teddy at #2 and have him replace Sam.

I would. He's going to be a good one. If he slips, like Aaron Rodgers, imo a lot of teams will regret passing on him.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would. He's going to be a good one. If he slips, like Aaron Rodgers, imo a lot of teams will regret passing on him.

Well, I hope other teams feel as strongly about him and try to trade up to #2 to get him.

Bidding war for Teddy!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am amazed how much movement there has been, to this point, with Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater. It will only further intensify I suspect.

I guess these guys got a lot riding on the combine/pro days.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Personally, I could see Bridgewater in Jacksonville more easily fit than Manziel. Even if they do like Bridgewater better though, I doubt they would voice that to the public so Cleveland has no real certainty unless they trade up. :sneaky:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Agreed. I spent a couple of days watching everything I could get my hands on, as well as reading all of his bios.
I don't see many holes in his game, but it's obviously hard to gauge how he'll handle the transition to the pros.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ugh, this will be painful to watch if we pass on him and you end up being right. If we take him and Sam does end up turning-in a stellar injury-free season, then at least we got a great QB dev prospect and/or fantastic trade opportunities with Teddy.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Here is the thing, there are like 6 or 7 teams at the top of the draft that need a QB, and only 3 supposed top prospects. 3 or 4 of those teams will not end up with a QB. I think someone will give us a nice offer, so we can trade down, and still take Watkins.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
So is the main knock on Bridgewater that he may need to put on some weight (thought I read or heard that somewhere)? I can't imagine a QB needy team passing on him for that, but I guess stranger things have happened.

From everything I've seen, which admittedly is not more in-depth than watching Louisville play, I think he's the most ready to step in and lead an NFL team.
If the Rams decided to move on at QB I'd love to see Teddy in horns.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hard to say on Bridgewater. I don't like his release and he does seem to wind up at times. He has a lot to like though. I wouldn't put it past the Rams to take him and wouldn't really be upset about it either. I think he needs to bulk up a bit as he looks a bit frail - especially in the lower leg. Taking him as a Rodgers kind of prospect would suit him well IMO. Taking him to start as a rookie? Not so sure.

All that said - Sam is going to light it up this year. He's still young and has a long career ahead of him. I would look for the best deal you can get in a trade for the #2 spot and if nothing blows your socks off, take BPA. We need to amass talent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I spent a couple of days watching everything I could get my hands on, as well as reading all of his bios.
I don't see many holes in his game, but it's obviously hard to gauge how he'll handle the transition to the pros.

Agreed. Closest things he has to flaws are an inconsistent deep ball(tries to be too precise with the placement and needs to get his feet right) and only average size(6'2" to 6'3" 210-220). Regardless, everything else is there. Effortless throwing motion, quick release, strong arm, pocket presence/movement, ball placement, timing, anticipation, high IQ, work ethic...it's all there.

I just don't know what is being missed on him. He's easily the most accurate QB in this class and the most developed QB in the pocket.

Ramifications

Not saying it is my concern, but some scouts think he is narrow hipped and may have trouble bulking up appreciably with functional weight.

IMO they don't move on from Bradford when Fisher said he came here partly because of him, the career best start in 2013 when finally surrounded with upgraded OL and WR, and the knee injury was flukey and not a repeat.

Things to like about Bridgewater.

1 - most pro ready in terms of experience in a pro style passing attack, he had to read the whole field, go through progressions.

2 - reported gym rat/film junkie, great football IQ, character, work ethic and leadership intangibles.

3 - can throw with touch and accuracy all over the field.

It sounds like he has some mechanical issues to be ironed out, one of which is over striding which can lead to overthrowing WRs. Most QBs prospects don't have textbook, picture perfect mechanics, especially footwork, so sounds like he needs to work on being more consistent on his fundamentals. But it sounds like he has the kind of make up to do so.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Bridgewater might be the best QB to come out since Luck. His reads and touch will be why he succeeds. But if he ends up in Jax. he's screwed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ugh, this will be painful to watch if we pass on him and you end up being right. If we take him and Sam does end up turning-in a stellar injury-free season, then at least we got a great QB dev prospect and/or fantastic trade opportunities with Teddy.

Ironically, I this case, is that when you see what NFL player he is most like, it usually says Sam Bradford.

Conversely it would suck if he drafted Bridgewater and traded Sam and Sam went on to do well and Teddy was injured all the time because of his slight build.

I would be fine with the Rams took Bridgewater but only if the kept Bradford too. That way they can make a decision about them after having them both for a year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

What type of leader is he on the field? Bulger/Bradford quiet type? Or Peyton Manning/Rodgers yeller?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ironically, I this case, is that when you see what NFL player he is most like, it usually says Sam Bradford.

Conversely it would suck if he drafted Bridgewater and traded Sam and Sam went on to do well and Teddy was injured all the time because of his slight build.

I would be fine with the Rams took Bridgewater but only if the kept Bradford too. That way they can make a decision about them after having them both for a year.
yes, keep sam and teddy. i mean, why not do this?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What type of leader is he on the field? Bulger/Bradford quiet type? Or Peyton Manning/Rodgers yeller?

I don't think Peyton or Aaron Rodgers yell at their teammates. Peyton is just intense. Aaron Rodgers is melo on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have seen both get very angry. I am sure their teammates know because they don't hesitate to tell someone when they screwed up.