Peter King: MMQB - 12/18/17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A rant before the article:

At 12 midnight until 1 am I watched ESPN's Sports Center hoping to see something on the Rams/Seahawks game. They opened up with the Patriots/Steelers game which lasted 14 minutes. Then came the Rams story which lasted less than 2 minutes.

I continued watching from 1 am to 1:30 am. The opening story was the Patriots/Steelers game again which lasted ten minutes. Nothing on the Rams game followed but they did promise to have more on the Patriots/Steelers game. :mad:

So I click on the MMQB and what do I see? Around a quarter of the entire article is on the Patriots/Steelers game with next to nothing on the Rams.

ESPN, Peter King, Mike Florio, along with their East Coast bias, are pathetic and they suck!!! :banghead:

I'll post only the Rams remarks today. If you want to read the rest of this stupid article click the link below.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/18/s...erry-richardson-panthers-sale-mmqb-peter-king

THE AWARD SECTION

Todd Gurley, running back, Los Angeles Rams. Four touchdowns and 180 total yards in the penultimate fantasy Sunday for most of America means a fair amount. Doing it against the rival Seahawks, on the road, in a blowout victory, to all but clinch the division and a playoff spot means a lot more. Gurley’s great, and so is his team and coach. Overlook these Rams next month at your peril.

Aaron Donald, defensive tackle, Los Angeles Rams. For the millionth time in this great Seahawks era of football, the offensive line failed to protect Russell Wilson even a little bit. But credit one of the best games of Donald’s starry four-year NFL career. He had three sacks of Wilson, and led the seven-sack dominance of the Seattle offensive front.

What a day for Todd Gurley: four touchdowns, and a continuation of the kind of impact that previous Rams running backs have not made since Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk.

I cannot envision a scenario where I don’t vote for Sean McVay for coach of the year—and that’s even with the crazy-good job done by Doug Marrone.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he's pimping Marrone as an alternate to McVay as coach of the year? That's just painfully bad, he's ignoring Zimmer and Pederson.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought surely he'd put a comment about McVay's use of a timeout to keep the game from getting out of control tension wise. He probably didn't even watch the second half while he performed his erotic asphyxia routine to get ready for the Tom Brady game.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Rams are not guaranteed playoffs yet. Get your mind off of Brady for one minute King and get your facts straight.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am always amazed to find that people still tune in to watch ESPN, they suck. NFL network is much better!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It isn't just King....I have been scouring the internet, and switching between FS1, ESPN, NFLN...to hear something about the Rams performance, in between wall-to-wall Patriot/Steeler ballwashing.....There was nothing really about the absolute domination over the recent NFC West Champs...Imagine if the Hawks had won...I think there would have been twice the coverage with the insanely stupid 'little brother to big brother" banter....

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Too bad Heath Evans is not available anymore on NFLN.... would love to hear his take.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
So he's pimping Marronecas an alternate to McVay as coach of the year? That's just painfully bad, he's ignoring Zimmer and Pederson.

personally I agree with taking the new coaches that turned around their team in a year than ones that did it over multiple years. so id say McVay, Marrone, then zimmer/pederson maybe even tomlin/belicheat

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

At 12 midnight until 1 am I watched ESPN's Sports Center hoping to see something on the Rams/Seahawks game. They opened up with the Patriots/Steelers game which lasted 14 minutes. Then came the Rams story which lasted less than 2 minutes.

I continued watching from 1 am to 1:30 am. The opening story was the Patriots/Steelers game again which lasted ten minutes. Nothing on the Rams game followed but they did promise to have more on the Patriots/Steelers game. :mad:

So I click on the MMQB and what do I see? Around a quarter of the entire article is on the Patriots/Steelers game with next to nothing on the Rams.

ESPN, Peter King, Mike Florio, along with their East Coast bias, are pathetic and they suck!!! :banghead:
Great Post Prime!! Tell it like it is!!

Now more than ever, IF the Rams make it to the Super Bowl this Year, I hope we meet up with the Cheatriots, so we can treat them like we just treated the Hag's!! Then listen to Queen, and Foolio Cry!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I'll post only the Rams remarks today. If you want to read the rest of this stupid article click the link below.
Dude.....DUDE!!!!!

You know, my boy has red zone...so we watch the 10am games on that...then we watch the Rams first half...you can tell when guys are getting bored.....hell, I try to keep the bowls, err, beers flowing to distract the masses....so, we score that late first half TD, and flip to redzone...and the Steelers & Pats are battling on channel 2....so of course, these dudes wanna see this game...damnit...wish I was home...so, I don't get to see the complete domination of the second half....and trust me...I wanted a shutout...a 50-0 shutout...feel me @RhodyRams ...:LOLOL

When I check ALL the highlight channels...no Rams...just a bunch of the controversies....Pats this....Big Ben that....damn that JuJu tho!....No Rams...just a short clip of Gurley going UGa Bulldog on the Seahawks...

And.....somehow I forgot to DVR this game...:thinking:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too bad Heath Evans is not available anymore on NFLN.... would love to hear his take.
He definitely thinks he's lucky that he doesn't have to defend his assinine take on the Rams...

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It would go something like:
"Seahawks have noone healthy on Defense. Russell Wilson is on his period." You know -- no credit to the Rams; instead, a mountain of excuses for the suckcawks.

And I for one don't miss seeing that knuckle-dragger on my TV screen.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am always amazed to find that people still tune in to watch ESPN, they suck. NFL network is much better!

Don't have access to NFL Network but I get your point.

Speaking of ESPN:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-skipper-resigns-citing-substance-addiction/

ESPN President John Skipper resigns, citing substance addiction
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 18, 2017

545163498-e1513615274440.jpg

Getty Images

One of the most powerful figures in American sports is leaving the stage.

ESPN President John Skipper announced this morning that he has resigned, citing a need for substance abuse treatment.

I have struggled for many years with a substance addiction. I have decided that the most important thing I can do right now is to take care of my problem,” Skipper said in a statement. “I have disclosed that decision to the company, and we mutually agreed that it was appropriate that I resign. I will always appreciate the human understanding and warmth that Bob displayed here and always. I come to this public disclosure with embarrassment, trepidation and a feeling of having let others I care about down.”

ESPN is the NFL’s single most lucrative partner, having committed to pay the league $1.9 billion a year through the 2021 season for the rights to Monday Night Football. Last year Monday Night Football’s ratings flagged just as ESPN was struggling to adapt to the new world of cord cutting, leading to talk that ESPN might regret committing so much money to the NFL for so long.

The next president of ESPN will have a big job, trying to figure out how broadcasting football can remain profitable in a changing cable television landscape.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
I would like to see nothing more than a Rams / Patriots Super Bowl rematch with AD tossing #12 around like a rag doll.