Packers cut AJ hawk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Just saw it on Rotoworld. Wouldn't mind the Rams kicking the tires. Maybe JL could move over and play some OLB in 3 LB sets.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn Prime beat me to it I see and posted as I was typing. Delete please

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not interested in either. Bush is a thirty-one-year-old running back who struggled with injuries. Hawk is slower than Laurinaitis and has been absolutely horrid for years.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
No inerest, but he had a good career, averaged 100 tackles (4 for losses) 2 sacks and 1 INT per season.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Would have loved to have Bush in a Martz offense, where he plays a poor-man's Marshall. His career could have been something.

Memento

Name
Jemma
No inerest, but he had a good career, averaged 100 tackles (4 for losses) 2 sacks and 1 INT per season.

Also got swallowed up on running plays and got picked on like a red-headed stepchild in coverage. Guy's been one of the worst starting ILBs for years.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a general rule, the consistently good teams (like the Packers) know when to cut ties with a guy about to be on the downside.

No thanks.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Also got swallowed up on running plays and got picked on like a red-headed stepchild in coverage. Guy's been one of the worst starting ILBs for years.
I dunno about for years, play dropped off last couple . . . not a pro bowl player by any means but helped pack in SB season . . . not worht a top 5 pick, though

Memento

Name
Jemma
I dunno about for years, play dropped off last couple . . . not a pro bowl player by any means but helped pack in SB season . . . not worht a top 5 pick, though

More like dropped off a cliff, but you get what I mean.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Hawk ever lived up to the draft slot, but it isn't his fault that he was overrated. He has not been good for a long time and they nearly parted ways with Hawk two years ago.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Boy this business sure knows how to suck you dry then spit you out.

All y'all callin him a bum need to be shamed. The guy isn't what he once was, and no we shouldn't be interested in him but damn, a bum?

Hard out here for a long haired pimp in Rams land.(y)

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't need another slow linebacker.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
JL is light-years better than AJ Hawk. We do need depth at ILB but someone who doesn't already have one foot out the door.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
AJ Hawk was never a good fit in a 3-4 defense, but not much use left in him now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm surprised Hawk played as many years as he did. I can remember rumors of the pack wanting to cut him years ago.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Reggi Bush just got cut also.
Unfair or not, Bush is a pretty big bust, in my opinion. When he was coming out of USC I was expecting production closer to Jamaal Charles. Bush has only rushed for over 1000 yards twice in his career

Memento

Name
Jemma
Unfair or not, Bush is a pretty big bust, in my opinion. When he was coming out of USC I was expecting production closer to Jamaal Charles. Bush has only rushed for over 1000 yards twice in his career

As was Hawk, who should have never been drafted anywhere near #5 overall. DeMeco Ryans was a far better linebacker - 3-4 and 4-3 - than Hawk ever was. The top of the class for 2006 was terrible (with the lone exception of Mario Williams, whom the Texans actually got it right).