Our plan B at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Id take Manziel from Cleveland, as long as they include their first or second rounder in a trade for Bradford

They'd have to include both of their first rounders, their second round pick, Joel Bitonio, and Justin Gilbert just to take Manziel off of their hands. They can have our seventh round pick via New England.

And they'd have to completely tear up Manziel's contract so that he gets no guaranteed money when we cut that pathetic excuse for a human being.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize I am completely alone here on this - but I don't think JFF is done with the NFL just yet and if the Browns are ready to turn the page on him (and they might be) - I wouldnt be surprised a bit if the Rams somehow made him their plan B.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
In reality we're not getting either of the top two qb's, so unless we get lucky, any qb we draft will not be nfl-ready. Plan B is to fix the oline, run the ball, and not ask the qb to win the game. Same goes for the fa qb's out there, as well as anyone we can actually get in a trade.

Athos

Legend
Can I once again say, FUCK Urban Meyer?

Man......I would have loved to see what Cardale Jones would have done.

We won't suck nearly enough next year to get Jones provided he starts somewhere.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can I once again say, freak Urban Meyer?

Man......I would have loved to see what Cardale Jones would have done.

We won't suck nearly enough next year to get Jones provided he starts somewhere.

Look I hope Jones lights it up next year, but the kid made the right decision for is future as a football player and a person. Now I would agree with you if he had started the whole year, but who knows truly if he is the real deal? And on top of that you don't know if the Rams would have been in position to draft him. Keep in mind he's from Cleveland, maybe the Browns would have traded up to get the hometown hero?

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure if Sam goes down again and we have to resort to plan B, it's going to probably be this:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure if Sam goes down again and we have to resort to plan B, it's going to probably be this:

You mean the film where the owner is not only owner - but GM (Jerruh!), Head Coach, Player, Cheerleader and merchandise salesperson?? I don't think Les Snead playing QB for the Rams in 2015 is the answer V3....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't believe well get a new qb.

Undrafted FA and roll with Hill and Davis again. Most teams are in trouble if they lose they're starting QB. If we lose Sam again this year then rip it up and start again and go ALL in for a franchise QB next year. Don't reach for a guy who's not there and build him up in your mind to be the next coming of Joe Montana simply because you NEED him to be.

thehammer

Rookie
honesty..Bradford, Shaun Hill and Austin Davis are better then adding garbage just to be adding garbage

Bradford is BY FAR better then the Foles type of player...I'd probably take a flier on Grayson or Mannion in the 3rd because of Hills age and just roll the dice..big oops! last year not drafting a qb early

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
honesty..Bradford, Shaun Hill and Austin Davis are better then adding garbage just to be adding garbage

Bradford is BY FAR better then the Foles type of player...I'd probably take a flier on Grayson or Mannion in the 3rd because of Hills age and just roll the dice..big oops! last year not drafting a qb early
I agree on the big oops and Bradford.
But taking a guy to take a guy that early, that doesn't project as a starter long term or may not be advanced enough to even play this year all the while planing to use a even higher pick next year to get a long term starter seems wasteful.
These guys will be there late round or even udfa types because that's where their talent takes them.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's funny how many of us are willing to give Freeman a shot (me too). This a guy who has had plenty of chances with multiple teams and yet - in a QB starved league - can't find work.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we should sign Brian Hoyer and bring him in to compete against Bradford. Guy isn't great, but he's lead his team to some wins in the last couple of years, and he's certainly better than Hill.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny how many of us are willing to give Freeman a shot (me too). This a guy who has had plenty of chances with multiple teams and yet - in a QB starved league - can't find work.
Multiple teams? Seriously? 4+ seasons in Tampa Bay and 1 game, thats ONE GAME in Minnesota counts as multiple teams? Jeesh.
Cant say I'm a huge fan of Freeman but I do find it incredibly strange that a guy throws for 4,000 yards and 27 td in 2012 washes out of the league 1 year later
Got to be more to the story there

FRO

Legend
I think we should sign Brian Hoyer and bring him in to compete against Bradford. Guy isn't great, but he's lead his team to some wins in the last couple of years, and he's certainly better than Hill.
Shaun Hill played better than Hoyer last year.

I think Matt Moore is the best free agent QB. I'm fine with Grayson in the third. I think he is the best QB not Winston/Mariota.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1cc39397-fa25-484e-a771-e0ada61d8234
I think Matt Moore is the best free agent QB. I'm fine with Grayson in the third. I think he is the best QB not Winston/Mariota.

Get out of my head @FRO
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/v...-Grayson/1cc39397-fa25-484e-a771-e0ada61d8234

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Plan B is playing worst for 1st next year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Multiple teams? Seriously? 4+ seasons in Tampa Bay and 1 game, thats ONE GAME in Minnesota counts as multiple teams? Jeesh.
Cant say I'm a huge fan of Freeman but I do find it incredibly strange that a guy throws for 4,000 yards and 27 td in 2012 washes out of the league 1 year later
Got to be more to the story there

It's not like he was on the Vikings roster for one game / he just only made his way on the field for one. But I guess he had his work cut out for him finding playing time up on that QB farm. What number do you need to reach to be multiple, nowadays, anyway? I thought multiple meant more than one.

32 teams could have had his services last year for the minimum. Did anyone bite? There probably is more to the story and I would guess - again considering how QB starved the league is - that the rest of the story is not pretty.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shaun Hill played better than Hoyer last year.

No, he didn't. Hoyer is much better than Shaun Hill.

He had some bad games, but he also played with a group of WRs that wouldn't make the Rams roster.

What has Moore done to ever make you think he's good??? I'd take Hoyer over him in a heartbeat...the guy has won games, and done so with less talented WRs.