Other teams FA news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess that crosses Cleveland off the list for Tru... Lol

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Guess that crosses Cleveland off the list for Tru... Lol

if anything, I think it increase the odds of him going there. still got lots of cap room and now have an extra 2nd

edit: missed that the 2nd was 2018, so maybe not

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I mean, they basically just paid $20 million worth of their $100 million in cap space for a future 2nd rounder. That's a great move by Cleveland, I think.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the full trade is Osweiller a 2017 6th round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Cleveland for a 2017 4th round pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's so refreshing to see some normalcy, in the NFL. The Browns can't help to overpay, and make bad decisions. Go Browns!
I disagree this is a great move by them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Splain, your take.
They have $100 million in cap space. They really don't have a QB, not saying this one is good. They've built a damned impressive OLine. Now in addition to the QB they change a 4th round pick into a 6th and a future 2nd.

The future 2nd alone is great but they also get a 6th this ear and another body at QB. If he doesn't work out they cut him and eat a little cap, which they have a ton, and have an extra second to help them get their QB of the future next year in what should be a great draft to need one.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Splain, your take.
They had $100 million in cap space. They weren't going to be able to spend $100 million on actual players - that's just unbelievable - so they effectively pay Houston $20 million in cap space for a 2nd-round pick next year.

Osweiler doesn't have to play for them at all for them to come out of this looking good, they sold some of their overwhelming cap flexibility.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Holy Crap, Cleveland. A Dallas Oline, a potential filled QB on a team with a QB guru for a head coach, Corey Coleman, Britt, now add Fournette to the mix and they can make waves.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Holy Crap, Cleveland. A Dallas Oline, a potential filled QB on a team with a QB guru for a head coach, Corey Coleman, Britt, now add Fournette to the mix and they can make waves.
Myles Garrett coming soon, too. And Jamie Collins locked up for several years. Cleveland looking to be fun to watch.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They have $100 million in cap space. They really don't have a QB, not saying this one is good. They've built a damned impressive OLine. Now in addition to the QB they change a 4th round pick into a 6th and a future 2nd.

The future 2nd alone is great but they also get a 6th this ear and another body at QB. If he doesn't work out they cut him and eat a little cap, which they have a ton, and have an extra second to help them get their QB of the future next year in what should be a great draft to need one.
OK. I see your point, but do you know how much of Brock's contract is guaranteed? Just heard it, only one year of guarantee's, so not as bad as I thought. Not high on Brock, myself, but one year, and they will have cap next year, not bad if building mode.

Thanks