Online dating and stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Met one who looked great, some makeup but not too much, well dressed(red dress in pics), attractive...met for dinner on first date(my treat, always pay on the first date). Said she was running late due to working late. Needed more time to get ready. I said no worries. Take a couple of hrs if you need it. So we meet for dinner later at the Olive garden and she was attractive, but she was dressed like she'd just come from cleaning someone's house. No makeup at all, hair a mess, wearing capri pants and flip flops, some kind of shirt you'd wear to clean out the garage.

Now, i'm not a guy who says that's a deal breaker. She was nice and we had dinner. Next date we go the batting cages. Good time. Less than a week later she texts me asking to borrow some money. GTFOutta here....
LOL....
Two dates before asking for money....I like that she practiced self control.
I have a buddy who filled out a profile honestly, a little harshly actually (short, overweight, average income, don't like job, rent not own, thinning hair) and got exactly zero interest....when he put the same picture of himself up kept the short, overweight part but said he was a business owner with a car collection and a couple of homes he got a bunch of hits....so many people are just nakedly lame.
I had a different buddy who would take a first date to a nice restaurant (and pay) if it went well he would take her to a fast food joint for a second date (and pay), if she whined or complained about the fast food he would never go out with her again....fair enough.
An old trick I used just for fun when I lived in the land of plastic people (So Cal) when I was young is I would search around for a paper to write my number on (pre cell phones). The only paper I would "find" would be a ATM receipt for a withdrawal. When I used one with a low balance I would rarely get called. When I used one that had a large balance I would almost always get a call.
I found a couple of slips with balances around $240,000 once. I put my number on one of those once and the girl left 3 messages by the time I got home. Too funny.
Thank goodness for me I played in a couple of bands....I knew exactly the kind of crazy chicks that were interested in me.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
LOL....
I have a buddy who filled out a profile honestly, a little harshly actually (short, overweight, average income, don't like job, rent not own, thinning hair) and got exactly zero interest....when he put the same picture of himself up kept the short, overweight part but said he was a business owner with a car collection and a couple of homes he got a bunch of hits....so many people are just nakedly lame.
I had a different buddy who would take a first date to a nice restaurant (and pay) if it went well he would take her to a fast food joint for a second date (and pay), if she whined or complained about the fast food he would never go out with her again....fair enough.
An old trick I used just for fun when I lived in the land of plastic people (So Cal) when I was young is I would search around for a paper to write my number on (pre cell phones). The only paper I would "find" would be a ATM receipt for a withdrawal. When I used one with a low balance I would rarely get called. When I used one that had a large balance I would almost always get a call.
I found a couple of slips with balances around $240,000 once. I put my number on one of those once and the girl left 3 messages by the time I got home. Too funny.
Thank goodness for me I played in a couple of bands....I knew exactly the kind of crazy chicks that were interested in me.

Yeah the dating world is pretty rough these days. Guys that are short, ugly, overweight or balding will have huge issues. Only way around all of that is money. Which goes to show you what the dating world is really becoming these days. I've seen countless profiles that say something along the lines of "if you're not at least 6' tall don't bother messaging me." Even from women that are really short. But I can guarantee you that if a guy put on his profile that a woman had to have certain size breasts he would be called a pig.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the dating world is pretty rough these days. Guys that are short, ugly, overweight or balding will have huge issues.
Oh well, guess I'm scewed :D

Only way around all of that is money.
Well, at least I got this going for me. Got a great GF right now (been going together for 8+ years), so no worries.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
Just wanted to show some of the guys on here what kind of ladies are online dating. This is how the dating world is becoming. I remember four or five years ago I never saw anything about height ever. Now I have to ask every woman I talk to if my height is ok because I'm under 6' tall. And I've come across women under 5' tall who had a 6' height requirement. Just sad. Can't figure out why these women are single :LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get the aversion to a guy sending them bethroom selfies... what's the world coming to?

Kidding aside, none of those women would deserve me... me and my not perfect body and all... but, if I told them how much I make, I wonder if that might change their minds... :LOL:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I've been with the same women since we were 17 years old , she was skinny as a rail when we first started dating , but she's got some nice curves to her now

So my dating experience has been pretty limited................lol

img60_zpsymsfcjha.jpg

Dang @IowaRam ! Y'all had the same hair style. :)

Congratulations! That's no small task. You two were a good looking couple.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A friend of mine is a short, bald, fat italian guy who has zero work ethic, lived at home until he was almost 40 and went online for dating.
On his 3rd date he met his now wife. A cardiologist who's a total knockout and makes over 300k per year.
There's the lottery, and there's on line dating...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Any of you guys ever use online dating?

I've got a beef.
FYI
I do alot of online dating fellas because:
A) I work odd hours and days
B) I'm not 20-30 yrs old anymore
C) I hate clubs and pickup bars
D) My friends are all married and aren't available to go out hunting w/me.
E) I've had pretty good success using it over the last several years :)
But...my number one complaint when it comes to a women's body type self description these days is this...

-------------------------------------
‘Fat’ And ‘Curvy’ Are Not The Same Thing
http://thoughtcatalog.com/kimberly-manderson/2015/01/fat-and-curvy-are-not-the-same/

In the last few years, it has become the so-called “polite” thing to call a fat person “curvy” so as to appear less harsh/make them feel sexier and more desired/appear to be accepting of anything other than a size 0.

And while politeness, skirting the issue, and trying to find a way to accept such a body shape is no bad thing, we need to stop lumping (excuse the pun) these people together with actual curvy girls. This is not a fat-shaming exercise; it’s simply an observation about the way we view body image. Curves imply arcs, parts of the body that wave in and out—not rolls of excess fat and skin, sagging over the bones it’s meant to be covering.

It’s bad enough that we have to contend with the fact that plus-size models are actually still below the average dress size of women in the country, but to lump all those not fitting one boyish, skinny frame as “curvy” is just obscene. You wouldn’t call a rectangle a square because it has the same number of sides, so why should you bundle together different types of women who are completely different just because their clothes are labeled above a certain number?

It may be harsh to say, but there’s no way a healthy naturally curvy girl wants to be thought of in the same bracket as someone who resembles the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, looking like their kneecaps will crumble under their own weight in a few years. Curvy is Jessica Rabbit. Curvy is no more Melissa McCarthy than it is Kate Moss any day of the week. So why is it easy for us to distinguish skinny from athletic, athletic from curvy, but not curvy from a more rounded figure to a clinically obese person?

-------------------------------------

Me again:
I wish this simple message could get blown out across all the women out there. Ya'll know i like a thicker, more curvaceous woman over the skinny or even athletic type...so i'm not hating on plus size women, but woman are flat out lying about their body type out there. Either that or they have no idea what "curvy" means to a man.

From many women i've talked to and met online, they've said that alot of men lie about their height. First of all why would a dude lie about that? If the plan is to actually meet a woman, and you say you're 6' tall and you show up at 5'9"...well, you think she won't notice? Lol.
So by the same token ladies...STOP lying about your figure! If you're slightly overweight or chubby or fat...just say so. There are categories to use for your body type in your dating profile.
Usually it goes something like this:
Thin
Athletic
Average
Curvy
Big and beautiful

A Curvy body type is a woman who has an hourglass figure, isn't skinny nor fat and is proportionate. That's all it means ladies. Simple. Get it right please.

Met my girlfriend on World of Warcraft (no joke). She was from Portland, and I was from St. Louis. We now live together in Chicago and have been together for almost 4 years.

Also, you can't debate body types. It's like telling people to show you the perfect ass. Everyone has different tastes and there's no clear cut definition.

But to give you my take on Curvy. It would be a woman who has a flat stomach with a big ass and big boobs. She doesn't need to be bone thin, and might even appear chubby in clothes by the way her proportions are. But I assure you she is not chubby when she takes it all off.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
A friend of mine is a short, bald, fat italian guy who has zero work ethic, lived at home until he was almost 40 and went online for dating.
On his 3rd date he met his now wife. A cardiologist who's a total knockout and makes over 300k per year.

That is probably one of the biggest extremes of an exception to a rule that I've ever seen lol. Especially with how the dating world is these days. That is one lucky man.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Online dating isn't going to be for everyone, but if you find your special person by going that route, it shouldn't matter. Who cares what anyone thinks, we are all looking for that ONE person that we can spend the rest of our life with.

It's how I met my girl. and we've been dating for a year and a half and still going strong. We just took things slow in the beginning. But I honestly don't think I could of met a chick as cool as her at a bar, I've done the bar scene and it gets old after awhile, most girls there just go there for their own self-esteem, they get high on using a guy for an entire night to get free drinks and then thrills out of leading him on and rejecting him.

My woman is a huge blues fan and actually knows the game, she talks to me all the time about how she thinks we need to be more aggressive in front of the net and how our defense gets pushed around to easily, conversations that I'm not used to having with females. Plus she knows I'm in love with the nfl draft, and while I know she doesn't have interest in it, she won't blow it off and call me retarded. I told her It's a 3-day event and I spend all day watching the coverage and she was completely fine with it. Heck a lot of nights she's on her computer looking at her stuff and I'm on mine watching prospects.

bluecoconuts

Legend
LOL....

My buddy (who's father is a president at NBC) and I used to go out to various Hollywood restaurants, and put our ID/Credit Card next to our health insurance cards. At the time mine was Viacom, and his of course NBC. Anyway, whenever the waitress saw those cards (and they're always looking) we'd see how long it would take for them to get really flirty.

I have noticed that girls want taller guys now. I'm 6'0, and used to be 6'3, my girlfriend is short so she doesn't mind (her mom is fucking tiny though, 4'11, my girlfriend is 5'4) my height. She had a friend who was a "height snob" who was dating some guy who was 6'2 and they tried talking down to me for "only" being 6'0. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
Online dating isn't going to be for everyone, but if you find your special person by going that route, it shouldn't matter. Who cares what anyone thinks, we are all looking for that ONE person that we can spend the rest of our life with.

It's how I met my girl. and we've been dating for a year and a half and still going strong. We just took things slow in the beginning. But I honestly don't think I could of met a chick as cool as her at a bar, I've done the bar scene and it gets old after awhile, most girls there just go there for their own self-esteem, they get high on using a guy for an entire night to get free drinks and then thrills out of leading him on and rejecting him.

My woman is a huge blues fan and actually knows the game, she talks to me all the time about how she thinks we need to be more aggressive in front of the net and how our defense gets pushed around to easily, conversations that I'm not used to having with females. Plus she knows I'm in love with the nfl draft, and while I know she doesn't have interest in it, she won't blow it off and call me retarded. I told her It's a 3-day event and I spend all day watching the coverage and she was completely fine with it. Heck a lot of nights she's on her computer looking at her stuff and I'm on mine watching prospects.

I would venture to say that over half of the women at least on dating sites are there to have their confidence boosted. You'll see on some of their profiles or talk to some that complain about how many messages they get and stuff like that. But do they do anything about it like block guys? No. They like being pursued by men, even if they don't find the man attractive at all. You'll see them post screenshots of guys being rude or nasty when they could have literally spent less than two seconds and just blocked them and moved on lol. Also, women use dating sites to get free meals and drinks from guys as well. A woman that is of normal attractiveness is going to get a lot of messages with guys willing to meet up for food or drinks.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
My buddy (who's father is a president at NBC) and I used to go out to various Hollywood restaurants, and put our ID/Credit Card next to our health insurance cards. At the time mine was Viacom, and his of course NBC. Anyway, whenever the waitress saw those cards (and they're always looking) we'd see how long it would take for them to get really flirty.

I have noticed that girls want taller guys now. I'm 6'0, and used to be 6'3, my girlfriend is short so she doesn't mind (her mom is freaking tiny though, 4'11, my girlfriend is 5'4) my height. She had a friend who was a "height snob" who was dating some guy who was 6'2 and they tried talking down to me for "only" being 6'0. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of.

Height is a very serious thing for women now these days. Like I said in another post earlier, a few years ago I had never heard a woman talk about a 6' rule or seen it online. Now it is everywhere. Below I have posted some examples of things personally messaged to me. In case anyone is wondering, the reason I have these screenshots is because a lot of women I talk to think I'm exaggerating when I talk about how much men get judged by their height. Just because a guy is 6' doesn't mean he can protect her. But what I see the most commonly thing associated with why they need a guy that tall is because of heels. So I've literally been rejected because of shoes lol.

A female friend of mine sent me this below. Couldn't be more true.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
See I would always go the opposite route and down play myself. It worked on my wife. For the first few weeks of dating I told her I was hung like a 3 year old. She was expecting a 2 incher and got at least 5 full inches. That's more than double. o_O

Athos

Legend
Yeah the dating world is pretty rough these days. Guys that are short, ugly, overweight or balding will have huge issues. Only way around all of that is money. Which goes to show you what the dating world is really becoming these days. I've seen countless profiles that say something along the lines of "if you're not at least 6' tall don't bother messaging me." Even from women that are really short. But I can guarantee you that if a guy put on his profile that a woman had to have certain size breasts he would be called a pig.

Gotta love those shallow golddiggers. Ever tried calling them out on it? It's fucking crazy. They go bat shit insane trying to deny it.

And women say men are pigs. :ROFLMAO:

At least we're straight up about our "pigatry."

@Zombie Slayer LOVE that first example. Dumb bitch begs for a person with grammar otherwise she'll think them dumb. Lady's grammar is worse than a fucking middle schooler huffing paint thinners.

SHE MARRIED FOR THE FOOD! :ROFLMAO: All Italian's make killer pasta, right?

they get high on using a guy for an entire night to get free drinks and then thrills out of leading him on and rejecting him

See that all the fucking time. They bleed you until you give up rather than just telling you to fuck off.

Funny story, a guy in my class today was telling me about going to a local college bar. He'd be buying girls bottles of wine and they'd buy him a beer or two in return. Show of interest right? Wrong! Bitches were giving him questionable drinks from other dudes who had roofied them.

She had a friend who was a "height snob" who was dating some guy who was 6'2 and they tried talking down to me for "only" being 6'0. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of.

I always wonder how that even works in the sack. You have your 6'5 guy and then your 4'11 chic. Her head is gonna be at way below your pecks. And when she's on top, she's gonna look like a fucking child and no one wants that ish.

Girls are weird these days. Especially the younger ones. I say that being only 25 too. :ROFLMAO: They act as though every day you step outside you may be mugged. Or, they talk about feminism and being your own woman, but expect you to be their guard dog when you do out at night. Da fuq? Pick one.

See I would always go the opposite route and down play myself. It worked on my wife. For the first few weeks of dating I told her I was hung like a 3 year old. She was expecting a 2 incher and got at least 5 full inches. That's more than double.

lmao. I really wanna try this just once to see what reaction I'd get.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Height is a very serious thing for women now these days. Like I said in another post earlier, a few years ago I had never heard a woman talk about a 6' rule or seen it online. Now it is everywhere.

They would have missed out on Tom Cruise who is 5' 7," Brad Pitt who is 5' 11,"
Daniel Radcliffe(Harry Potter) who is 5' 5," Prince who is 5' 2," Jack Black and Jon Stewart who are both 5' 6," etc.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006831111/

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was talking on the phone with a girl i'd connected with online to set up a first meeting. She "warned" me that she had really big breasts. I replied "oh yeah?, well that's cool." Lol.
I told her i was only 5'4" (i'm actually 5'8") and asked her if that was ok. She played it totally cool but i could hear it in her voice(the disappointment). She said "Really?" I confessed i was only fucking with her and we met at a Starbucks.

This girl had breasts upon breasts. I couldn't see her waist. If you looked at her from the legs down she looked thin, but this poor girl must have been carrying about 80% of her weight from the waist up. Not attractive.

Anyway, we get to talking. Turns out she's not divorced but separated, husband is at home...they still live together, and he gets irritated when she goes on dates. Gee, you don't say. Really?
GTFOutta here....

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
Girls are weird these days. Especially the younger ones. I say that being only 25 too. :ROFLMAO: They act as though every day you step outside you may be mugged. Or, they talk about feminism and being your own woman, but expect you to be their guard dog when you do out at night. Da fuq? Pick one.

One thing I have become very tired of is how one sided things are in the dating world. You always see women saying how "independent" they are. It is on literally every other dating profile. But do they ever want to pay for themselves? No. I understand that the men usually pay and how that has become ingrained into society but that came from times when women didn't work and men made the money. So it makes sense that the man would take the woman out and pay for her. Now these days, women expect to be paid for, no questions. And the thing is you'll rarely even get a thank you or even a reach for the check. "A reach would be nice." - Jerry Seinfeld. In my opinion, a lot of women have become very entitled and lazy in regards to dating. They literally want the man to initiate the conversation, think of where to go, pay for it, etc. A lot of women do not seem interested in having mutual effort towards a date or relationship. I know I am not the only man feeling this way. A lot of men have become frustrated with these things. If a woman makes her own money, there is no reason why two people can't meet somewhere, pay for themselves, then go on their separate ways. That way if there's no mutual interest, no hard feelings. Men are just getting tired of putting all of the effort in to not even get a "thank your for dinner." Plus these days when women are not interested anymore they usually either just start to ignore you or will keep telling you how "busy" they are until you stop trying. I've literally gone on countless dozens of dates over the years with women I've met online or in person and I know less than 10 women have just come out and told me that they were no longer interested. Dating sucks these days. It really does lol. These things don't really bother me anymore because I've come to accept that is how things are now, but I just wanted to share things with some of the guys on here who may not know how shitty it is these days. Oh and I never argue with women anymore either. I've never had a woman apologize to me or admit she was wrong in any way. Even when I knew 100% I was correct. They always want to try and turn things around so they can get mad at you, even when they are wrong o_O

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
They would have missed out on Tom Cruise who is 5' 7," Brad Pitt who is 5' 11,"
Daniel Radcliffe(Harry Potter) who is 5' 5," Prince who is 5' 2," Jack Black and Jon Stewart who are both 5' 6," etc.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006831111/

Literally the only way to get away with being under 6' for women with that rule is money. Funny how that happens. But men are the shallow ones.....:cautious:o_O

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just seeing this post. I was going to start a thread on this same thing, but I was slightly embarrassed. I'm 22 but my job barely allows me to go out at all. I sit in a truck all day and work tons of hours and I'm usually busy taking care of adult things on the weekend. The whole girls wanting a taller guy is true to some degree. My last girlfriend was 6'0. I'm only 5'8, on a good day. But I agree with the online thing. I've messaged probably 15 girls and haven't had a single reply. I honestly think my standards are too high. Anyway, I gotta story for ya'll. I use Match.com and this one chick messaged me. Her name was Madison(up until this point, I haven't met a single ugly girl named Madison). So we get to talking, she's real nice and friendly. Cute girl. We started texting and I was at delta sonic getting my oil changed when she asked if we could Facetime. This is still the very first day we ever met. I told her sure why not, even though it's slightly awkward for me to FaceTime someone. I get home, I call her. Her face comes up and she starts talking. First of all, have you ever heard a deaf person talk? They sound...different. Well, that's what she sounded like, except she wasn't deaf. This sweet, nice looking 21 year old girl had a speech impediment. And boy, was that not the most excruciatingly, painful, ears on fire conversation I have ever had. After about 3 minutes I made up an excuse that I was going over my buddies house. I texted her afterward and very carefully worded a very acceptable question. "Just out of curiosity, and I don't mean to be rude, but do you have a hearing deficiency?" I didn't want to start off with "Do you have a speech impediment?", just by the off chance that it would offend her. "No, but I do have a slight speech problem, why is it noticeable?" Okay, Let me get this straight, you've went your entire life talking like Hellen Keller, and not one time people have asked why? WHY WOULDNT YOU MENTION SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN YOUR PROFILE??? I know it sounds dickish, but cmon man. It's exactly like the height thing. Even if you don't put it in there every single guy you talk too will notice. Anyway, to this day I haven't answered her back. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a response. But yeah, that's my first online dating experience.