On a personal note....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Congrats, you are not alone. Sobriety has given me a life again, it aint easy, but its better than the alternative.

There are a few of us here that have had to deal with the question, am I an alcoholic because I'm a Rams fan or am I a Rams fan because I'm an alcoholic.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I gave the like for the year of sobriety, not ending it.

Stick with it.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Don't let this Rams team get you down. It's a lot better when you realize they will most likely lose on Sundays and continue to end up around 7-9 every year.

There are more important things in life than football teams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats man it's a continuing battle I've had people close to me continue to work on every day.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Today I'm actually celebrating a year of sobriety....

It might end today as well.
:giveup:

Just read a great, short book on addiction called "death wish". It will help you brother.

And congrats on 1 year! Very few people have the strenght or courage to make it that far.

TexasRam

Legend
The best way to watch the Rams is to watch it condensed after the game is over on Sunday ticket mobile app.

There is nothing worse than wasting 3 hr's of your life on a sorry coach and team and being real pissed off at the end.

It's better to watch 33 minutes and be done with the debacle. Less time to drink.

DthOn2Legs

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the responses. As I just told somebody who sent me a private message, I haven't had a drink since my drunk ass took a ride with another drunk ass and she went through a red light. The Cleveland game was the first Rams' game I missed since 1993 so that sucked too. Somehow, however, I didn't quit because of the alcohol-related accident. I quit because the actual appetite for a beer was lost. Maybe when my head was crushed and took out my optic nerve, the part of the brain that desires alcohol was also wiped out. I can't explain it really. Sure, there are sporadic times when a beer "sounds" great (like when I'm at a sports bar or eating hot wings haha), but I honestly haven't been tempted once. I haven't gone to any meetings or read any AA books. The desire just hasn't been there... yet. Anyway, as much as I may miss going out three times a week and drinking 4 or 5 beers (I actually really don't miss it), it's not only cheaper to stay home but a hell of a lot better than spending a week in the hospital. Thanks again, Rammers.

Seat belt Scan.png
20151024_003441.jpeg
20151024_214849.jpeg
20151025_125507.jpg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Congrats, That's a long time between drinks.
I understand your challenge
Years: 17 or
Days: 6,512
It gets easier, interaction with other people who share my malady certainly helped me;)

Last edited:

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Hang in there pal, 16 years for me October 13th. It's a day at a time. Stick with the right people, I had to make all new friends, but it worked for me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
coffee.gif
JMHO "Sobriety" isn't all it's cracked-up to be!:cheers:
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Don't give up now, you did one year, what's another 20 lol? Hang in there my friend.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I am now 6 years, 3 months and 13 days since I quit cigarettes after a heart attack.

I don't miss 'em.

Good for you bro. Hope you make it 6 years plus!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Glad you survived brother. Hang in there.