Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Offense was 2 for 12 on 3rd down conversions 16%
Our defense had no chance today.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I've reached my tipping point. Been following every Rams game since I was 10 back in '03 and slowly became the mega-diehard fan I am today. I, like many others on this board eat, drink, and breath Rams football. I mean 100% 24/7 365. From watching daily interviews, to reading daily articles, rewatching games, and engaging with fellow fans in social media, the Rammies DOMINATE my free time.

Well quite frankly I've just run out of gas. Year after year I put my heart and sole into my fanhood and this is how we as Rams fans are repaid? We have gone through the worst 5-year stretch of football in the SB era (15-65). We are one of only 4 teams that hasn't made the playoffs in the past decade. Fish has said our team is better than our record would indicate, but is that really the case? We have all the talent in the world, yet Steve Spagnuolo was somehow able to match Fisher's best win total with a much less talented roster.

The Rams have taught me that nothing is ever as easy as it seems. The talented roster we've amassed over the past 3 years should equal more wins right? A team that beats the NFC champions should be able to handle a bottom 10 team right?

The passion is still there for my Rams. I'll still watch games, but I just can't invest so much of myself emotionally anymore. The Rams are like a being someone in a toxic, abusive relationship: you want to get out of it, but it's much easier said than done. From now on I think I'm just going to go 75%. It just takes to much out of me and ruins my weeks when I invest so much.

Can anyone else relate?

My heart breaks for you young man. I feel bad that I got all the Great RAM years and you've been hosed. There is only one place to place your FAITH and 100% NEVER get let down. EVER!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense was 2 for 12 on 3rd down conversions 16%
Our defense had no chance today.

Mojo, I respect you but our defense gave up 17 points in the first half. Neither side had much of a chance.

JRobinson

MiLB
Sorry, but when penalties are a major issue every year, it most certainly is on the coaching staff. Fisher just doesn't care. His teams have always been near the top of the league in penalties.
So then you could also blame Snead too for drafting character guys?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mojo, I respect you but our defense gave up 17 points in the first half. Neither side had much of a chance.
Because in the first half they played almost 20 full minutes while their O punted 5 times in a row.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My heart breaks for you young man. I feel bad that I got all the Great RAM years and you've been hosed. There is only one place to place your FAITH and 100% NEVER get let down. EVER!!!

The Patriots.

As long as you can deal with the cheating.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because in the first half they played almost 20 full minutes while their O punted 5 times in a row.

So what? It's football. It's not like Washington scored two TDs with 2 minutes left in the half. They went out there ran it down our throat the entire first half.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm gonna talk some crazy talk, here. Are the Redskins a sleeper? Good defense, strong running game, and a solid QB. Not to mention they've looked better than the Giants the last two weeks.

Team looked uncomfortable on that loose grass, too.

The Skins' DC is off to a very good start given the defense he inherited. We all knew Haz sucked and all, but he did a great job disguising a suspect secondary by attacking the Rams young OL and pressuring the F out of Foles. Dude deserves a lot of credit and that's two games in a row.

The other guy who deserves credit is Callahan. I have a lot of respect for that dude, he really has a talent in his run game scheming.

If I'm a Skins fan I am cautiously optimistic. Their coaching staff was greatly upgraded but they still probably don't have the talent to beat the real playoff teams. They beat a Rams team that is still a pretender and what makes me so angry is there is no denying it for us now.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I hate complaining about the same things. I hate that we couldn't go 2-0 for the first time since 2001, when there is a handful of teams that do it every year. I hate that we still don't have an offensive line. I hate that scoring a touchdown takes an act of God. I hate that I can't get my hopes up for this stupid team. I hate Pead. I hate the analysts saying we were going to have a winning season. I hate when other fans are optimistic, and say "Oh b-b-but there's always next week :D" I hate how we never win games we're expected to win. I hate Fisher never taking blame. What am I supposed to like about this team?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't see how it can't be viewed as an excuse. If you are going onto the field with little rest, you're playing tired. Which impacts performance.

Dude. Did you watch the game? Redskins drove up and down the field all day even earlier in the game when there is no excuse. You cannot blame the offense for their sorry performance brother. They got owned. Manhandled. Punked. And I'm sure they will admit the same thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really wish we had a QB with some mobility. If Foles could run, there were plays to be made today.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It was 17-10 at the start of the 4th qtr. This isn't the 85 Bears. To expect any defense to overcome a completely anemic offense (on the road especially) is being unrealistic. They got gashed early but were on the field all day.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I want to say that I'm glad we lost to the Redskins so we will never overlook another team this season, BUT GODDAMMIT THE GREAT TEAMS DON'T LOOK PAST INFERIOR TEAMS AND THEY CERTAINLY DON'T PLAY LIKE FUCKING GARBAGE AGAINST THEM!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Well deserved win, Washington. You earned.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Dude. Did you watch the game? Redskins drove up and down the field all day even earlier in the game when there is no excuse. You cannot blame the offense for their sorry performance brother. They got owned. Manhandled. Punked. And I'm sure they will admit the same thing.

I criticized the D earlier with regards to allowing QBs completing 80% of their passes the past 2 weeks. I'll blame the D for the first TD.

But when your offense is stuck in the mud the entire day, it has a large impact on the D, IMO.

We can agree to disagree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was 17-10 at the start of the 4th qtr. This isn't the 85 Bears. To expect any defense to overcome a completely anemic offense (on the road especially) is being unrealistic. They got gashed early but were on the field all day.

The O was totally at fault today. But I don't think the defense should be absolved.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim

SLOOPY PLAY TODAY both sides of the ball, we have a LONG WAY TO GO. That bandwagon just got lighter

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Repost from original thread:

I honestly believe that we were a little out coached today. The penalties (personal fouls and encroachment) are specifically mental and not on the coaching staff; and I realize that. However, after half time, after we were punched in the mouth, we responded and started playing the defense we saw in week one. We scored 10 unanswered, the Redskins adjusted, and we did not make a change after that. The Defense, Although giving up millions of rushing yards, kept us from getting blown out. Nick Foles was running out of the pocket, if there was one, and throwing behind receivers all game. Why? First, the protection was very inconsistent and we did not use a "Max protect " formation once. The short game was nonexistent; the running game was nonexistent; the passing game was mediocre at best. I do not believe that our players were put into successful positions to win this game. We were completely off-balanced every snap so it seems. One thing is for sure, the defense was playing hard all game and like I said, kept us in this game to even have a chance.

Maybe I'm just frustrated a little bit, it's always a combination of reasons why you get beat.

At the end of the day, we have a lot of work to do and this week will undoubtably stir up the "same ole' Rams" comments. (I'd hate to be on 'Rams Talk')

Sigh.

GOOD POST

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
So what? It's football. It's not like Washington scored two TDs with 2 minutes left in the half. They went out there ran it down our throat the entire first half.
Because a team can only stop people so much before they get gassed, it's not like it's an excuse. A gassed defenses is something that every NFL team has tried to avoid for years to this point and will try to avoid for years to come. The fact that they held them to just 17 points when their O punted 5 times in a row is point enough that they're damn better than they were allowed to be. They stopped the once on a long drive, then the Rams gave it back in little over a minute. They got gashed, repeat the under a minute, gashed and you know the story.

Absolutely no D is going to look good when they're kept on the field for 19 minutes and their O only mustered 2 whole firsts downs a whole half.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The O was totally at fault today. But I don't think the defense should be absolved.
Off the top of my head, i don't think the defense has lost a game for us in a long time going back to last season.
NY Giants game, before that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because a team can only stop people so much before they get gassed, it's not like it's an excuse. A gassed defenses is something that every NFL team has tried to avoid for years to this point and will try to avoid for years to come. The fact that they held them to just 17 points when their O punted 5 times in a row is point enough that they're damn better than they were allowed to be. They stopped the once on a long drive, then the Rams gave it back in little over a minute. They got gashed, repeat the under a minute, gashed and you know the story.

Absolutely no D is going to look good when they're kept on the field for 19 minutes and their O only mustered 2 whole firsts downs a whole half.

Excuses. They gave up a TD on a 3 running plays for the first TD. The defense could not stop the run long before they were gassed.