Official Rams Coaching Staff 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grade A+++++ offensive coaching staff. When was the last time we had a coaching staff like this?
No doubt. I just hope they don't trip over each other (so to speak.) Sometimes egos can get into the way of success, and I'm praying these guys come in with the attitude of doing whatever it takes to get this offense back on track and we get back into the playoffs soon and it continues for a very long time.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ps....what the hell happened to your other avatar with the booty shorts?
@LACHAMP46 just for you.

Fly Fishing.jpg

Zero

Pro Bowler
That could also be a sign that his contract or something else made them feel like they could be replaced. I'm guessing McVay was basically told he was our next "Chuck Noll" for LA...and would leave when he's ready. You don't hire that young of a HC, and not expect him to be here for quite a while.

I don't feel that anyone was guaranteed any more than the other.I think it's
just a different mind set between the two.That being said,If you want to
have a Chuck Noll type of career,you start by surrounding yourself with
the best coaching talent possible.You are not only doing this for your
players,You are doing it so you can learn as much from these guys
as possible.A good coach never stops learning or wanting to learn.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He tended to miss out on talented offensive teachers.
Understatement of the year! :)

I haven't a clue whether McVay is any good as a HC or not... the one thing I am pretty certain of is... Phillips knows defense!

And Fassell is a good ST coach.

As Meatloaf sang... 2 outta 3 ain't bad! :LOL:

Cautiously optimistic... but I see this taking at least one full year to get into the playoffs.

Patience, Grasshoppper...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm so excited, is this what it's like to have a competent coaching staff? To have a staff that is going to do whatever it takes to get the most out of our players, and develop our young QB?

This is all so foreign to me.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Understatement of the year! :)

I haven't a clue whether McVay is any good as a HC or not... the one thing I am pretty certain of is... Phillips knows defense!

And Fassell is a good ST coach.

As Meatloaf sang... 2 outta 3 ain't bad! :LOL:

Cautiously optimistic... but I see this taking at least one full year to get into the playoffs.

Patience, Grasshoppper...

I wouldn't discount The Rams going to the playoffs. If your talking coaching staff , this is a huge improvement. Fisher lost so many close games The Rams should have won the last 2 years.
You have to add the youth of this team & all the ascending players that are finally going to get coaches up. Sprinkle in some veterans that know how to win & the recipe is put in place. Just a matter of how much time it takes.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Saw a post on Facebook stating that LaFleur was official now as Rams OC.

Man, I am very, VERY impressed with the staff that McVay has put together - on both sides of the ball. It seems like he's landed almost everyone he's wanted, and he seems to know exactly what he's doing. I didn't think he'd be able to land LaFleur, especially after hearing the news that the Falcons were not going to let Shanahan take assistants with him. But lo and behold he did.

Very happy with this. What a great first impression McVay is making.

Yeah read 2 sites said he is the OC.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
BUILDING A WINNER
_"One Piece At a Time"

kouching_190_190.jpg

Los Angeles Rams
2017 COACHING STAFF

OFFENSE
sean-150x112.jpg

Head Coach
Sean McVay (redskins)

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Olson (jaguars)

Offensive Coordinator Matt LaFleur (falcons)

Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer (bills)

Wide Receivers Coach Eric Yarber (ucla)

Running Backs Coach Skip Peete (rams)

Tight Ends Coach Shane Waldron (redskins)

DEFENSE
Phillips%20JAX.jpg

Defensive Coordinator
Wade Phillips (broncos)

Defensive Assistant Chris Shula (chargers)

Linebackers Coach Joe Barry (redskins)

Defensive Line Coach Bill Johnson (saints)

Secondary Coaches-- Samson Brown (broncos)
--------------------------Aubrey Pleasant (redskins)
-----------------__---------Ejiro Evero (packers)

Special Teams
rssImages.php

Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel (rams)

Strength & Conditioning Coach ?
w3u-s8bqYGAD9vh90IomDG1iYiMn0HXE-QIfTZq8NeA7XvdP0VbJFTV3wb5hzKQSoXvEYA=s88

sub-level assistants continue to be added to help senior position coaches.
160_F_4916255_j69IEjyQYzLtid954oUXC4rfltKomaSM.jpg

_atbza.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't know how many of you guys remember the Supergroup band the 'Traveling Wilbury's', but this is my nickname for our new coaching staff. I was recently reading how George Harrison & Dylan came up with the name, ... following a bad 'take' caused by 'technical' problems George said they 'will bury' the problem in post production, so they began using the 'Wilbury' term often enough that Harrison thought it should be incorporated into their name, Dylan added the 'Traveling' and the rest is history.
So our new supergroup of a coaching staff 'will bury' any residual aftereffects from the Fisher era, ... and lead us to the promised land. :rockon::violin::rimshot:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I don't know how many of you guys remember the Supergroup band the 'Traveling Wilbury's', but this is my nickname for our new coaching staff. I was recently reading how George Harrison & Dylan came up with the name, ... following a bad 'take' caused by 'technical' problems George said they 'will bury' the problem in post production, so they began using the 'Wilbury' term often enough that Harrison thought it should be incorporated into their name, Dylan added the 'Traveling' and the rest is history.
So our new supergroup of a coaching staff 'will bury' any residual aftereffects from the Fisher era, ... and lead us to the promised land. :rockon::violin::rimshot:

Huge Tom Petty fan here. I love the Willbury's, never heard that story before. Thanks for sharing.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm happy with our staff so far. As someone else mentioned, the WR & TE coaches ( Yarber and Waldron) are the only two i am not familiar with and have no opinion on either way. But the offensive side is young, energetic and pretty experienced. The Defensive side has some well known and established guys, with some young up and comers thrown in. In Wade I trust, so I'm not worried about that. And Jon "Bones" Fassel ... we all know his resume.

the "culture" is definitely changing. How McVay ultimately will do, none of us know. But he has shown the ability to bring in some pretty competent staff members. I am excited and hopeful for the future. Now ... if Snead and Demoff can just do their part in bringing in the needed improvement on the personnel side, we should be trending upward in the league.

bluecoconuts

Legend
BUILDING A WINNER
_"One Piece At a Time"
kouching_190_190.jpg

Los Angeles Rams
2017 COACHING STAFF

OFFENSE
sean-150x112.jpg

Head Coach
Sean McVay (redskins)

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Olson (jaguars)

Offensive Coordinator Matt LaFleur (falcons)

Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer (bills)

Wide Receivers Coach Eric Yarber (ucla)

Running Backs Coach Skip Peete (rams)

Tight Ends Coach Shane Waldron (redskins)

DEFENSE
Phillips%20JAX.jpg

Defensive Coordinator
Wade Phillips (broncos)

Defensive Assistant Chris Shula (chargers)

Linebackers Coach Joe Barry (redskins)

Defensive Line Coach Bill Johnson (saints)

Secondary Coaches-- Samson Brown (broncos)
--------------------------Aubrey Pleasant (redskins)
-----------------__---------Ejiro Evero (packers)

Special Teams
rssImages.php

Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel (rams)

Strength & Conditioning Coach ?
w3u-s8bqYGAD9vh90IomDG1iYiMn0HXE-QIfTZq8NeA7XvdP0VbJFTV3wb5hzKQSoXvEYA=s88

sub-level assistants continue to be added to help senior position coaches.
160_F_4916255_j69IEjyQYzLtid954oUXC4rfltKomaSM.jpg

_atbza.gif

For someone who was supposed to have issues with filling his staff he sure did grab a lot of quality guys from multiple teams.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Does anybody know anything about this Eric Yarber cat? How qualified is he to coach wide receivers? I've never heard of him, or most anyone else, before but with wr being one of our sore spots I'd like more info.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Does anybody know anything about this Eric Yarber cat? How qualified is he to coach wide receivers? I've never heard of him, or most anyone else, before but with wr being one of our sore spots I'd like more info.

Coached Chad Johnson aka Ocho Cinco. If Sted doesnt see the field as a player he be a hell of an asst. WR coach.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So besides Chad Johnson and TJ houshmanedzadeh, or whatever the heck his name is, had he done anything noteworthy? I see a few UCLA receivers got drafted last year, but they all seem like scrubs so far. 7th round picks that haven't really made the field. Not unexpected for a 7th rounder, but disappointing for the guy who's supposed to teach our receivers how to be elite.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So besides Chad Johnson and TJ houshmanedzadeh, or whatever the heck his name is, had he done anything noteworthy? I see a few UCLA receivers got drafted last year, but they all seem like scrubs so far. 7th round picks that haven't really made the field. Not unexpected for a 7th rounder, but disappointing for the guy who's supposed to teach our receivers how to be elite.

The Oracle is that a way ------>

Honestly I just read up on him as much as you probably have. So far McVay is hiring an elite staff and its not even spring training. So we can reserve any doubts until further notice.