Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I wonder if former Green Bay OC Tom Clements is being considered for the job. He is known for being quite good at developing QBs, might seek other options this offseason, and is on a team still in the playoffs. Alex Van Pelt is another possibility from Green Bay. As mentioned earlier, so is James Campen.
IDK. I think GB keeps Van Pelt locked in a cage and isn't aloud visitors

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I dunno what's worse, the article or the idiots commenting on it.

Olson: You need work. You should be in CA where you can get help.

Bortles: But... my receivers are in FL.

Olson: I can't tell you what to do..., but the help you NEED is in CA.

Bortles: I appreciate that Coach. I'm gonna keep repeating and ingraining all the bad habits with no feedback with my receivers in FL.

Comments: GOOD RIDDANCE OLSON!!! Why can't you give BB the help he needs!!! *head explodes*

Some days, I have to go to youtube and find those "my faith in humanity is restored" videos...just to remember why I shouldn't be rooting for Giant Meteor to take us all out... cuz so many people really are that belligerently, purposefully, proudly ignorant with no intention or desire to BE educated.... (on any topic..ever...this just happens to be football)

Anyway... I'm happy we got Olson.

Clearly, I'm gonna have to revisit those videos tonight... That young man who lets the kid with MS or CP tap him out in wrestling??? yeah...gets me every time... every time it gets me...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno what's worse, the article or the idiots commenting on it.

Olson: You need work. You should be in CA where you can get help.

Bortles: But... my receivers are in FL.

Olson: I can't tell you what to do..., but the help you NEED is in CA.

Bortles: I appreciate that Coach. I'm gonna keep repeating and ingraining all the bad habits with no feedback with my receivers in FL.

Comments: GOOD RIDDANCE OLSON!!! Why can't you give BB the help he needs!!! *head explodes*

Some days, I have to go to youtube and find those "my faith in humanity is restored" videos...just to remember why I shouldn't be rooting for Giant Meteor to take us all out... cuz so many people really are that belligerently, purposefully, proudly ignorant with no intention or desire to BE educated.... (on any topic..ever...this just happens to be football)

Anyway... I'm happy we got Olson.

Clearly, I'm gonna have to revisit those videos tonight... That young man who lets the kid with MS or CP tap him out in wrestling??? yeah...gets me every time... every time it gets me...

I don't think that's how the conversation went. It sounds more like Olson didn't want him working with the coaches in California.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think that's how the conversation went. It sounds more like Olson didn't want him working with the coaches in California.
One thing in the article that stood out to me was Bortles saying "Olly supported whatever I wanted to do". Sounds like Olson encouraged him not to work with a certain coach and Bortles decided not to work with any QB coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing in the article that stood out to me was Bortles saying "Olly supported whatever I wanted to do". Sounds like Olson encouraged him not to work with a certain coach and Bortles decided not to work with any QB coach.

I wouldn't draw conclusions from the QB not throwing his OC under the bus. That's not what I've heard.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Source tells @sn_nfl that @Broncos assistant DBs coach Samson Brown joining @RamsNFL staff

Samson Brown enters his second season with the Broncos in 2016 as the team’s assistant defensive backs coach. He was hired by the club on Feb. 27, 2015.

Brown, who owns 12 years of coaching experience, previously worked at the NFL level with the Buffalo Bills (2013-14) and New York Jets (2010-11) after interning with the Green Bay Packers in the summer of 2009.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Former University at Albany football player and coach Samson Brown is Super Bowl 50 bound as a member of the Denver Broncos coaching staff.

Hired on Feb. 27, 2015, Brown is in his first season with the Broncos as the team’s assistant defensive backs coach.

Brown earned a B.A. in information science and policy from UAlbany in 2003 and was a four-year standout on Bob Ford’s squad.

The Bronx, N.Y. native was a four-time All-Northeast Conference free safety for the Great Danes. Brown totaled 52 tackles, 10 pass break-ups and two interceptions, leading the Great Danes to the 2002 conference championship. Named to the All-NEC first team on three occasions, Brown finished his career ranked among the school's all-time tackles leaders with 240, and was also named to the Football Gazette mid-major All-America squad.

Joining the coaching ranks, Brown began his career as defensive backs coach at Siena College in 2003. He went on to coach defensive backs and wide receivers for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute from 2004-05 before spending the 2006 season working with tight ends at Hofstra University.

Brown returned to UAlbany for the 2007-09 seasons, coaching the outside linebackers, tight ends, and corners for his alma mater.

Brown, who owns 11 years of coaching experience, previously worked at the NFL level with the Buffalo Bills (2013-14) and New York Jets (2010-11) after interning with the Green Bay Packers in the summer of 2009.

Brown and the Broncos take on the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 on Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m. at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=210668332
brown_card.jpg

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Connecting the dots from the 4 teams remaining......we need an OC/OL coach......could be waiting for Mike Munchak of the Steelers.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if former Green Bay OC Tom Clements is being considered for the job. He is known for being quite good at developing QBs, might seek other options this offseason, and is on a team still in the playoffs. Alex Van Pelt is another possibility from Green Bay. As mentioned earlier, so is James Campen.
That's who I was thinking of. Clements has been passed over for years for some high profile college gigs (His name pops up for the Notre Dame openeings) but at 63 and McVay calling plays it may not be such a fit. He's a great QB cultivator though no doubt

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's who I was thinking of. Clements

I'm hoping Mike Munchak...Feeling that's the type of guy McVay wants an OL/OC guy, JMHO..In Washington he worked in concert with OL Coach Bill Callahan, Munchak was hired by the Steelers in 2014 and most Assistants sign 3 year contracts so Munchak's contract would be up and if the Rams landed Munchak, it would be a major coup because IMHO best OL Coach in the NFL.