Odysseus lunar lander

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend

nCxtghU5cjFG5PCA5RG7jC-970-80.jpg.webp

CGkMk6d3BU3ozSALCxY56W-1200-80.jpg

Fi4XtsisMi4d95Vk9Q3yH6-1200-80.jpg

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If they are endeavoring to travel in a direct and efficient manner, perhaps Odysseus wasn’t the best name choice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That 1st pic is very strange.

At first glance I thought I was looking at the African continent, but there is no other land to see anywhere. That can't be Africa.

Maybe Antarctica... but there's no snow/ice.

Something ain't right here !

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That 1st pic is very strange.

At first glance I thought I was looking at the African continent, but there is no other land to see anywhere. That can't be Africa.

Maybe Antarctica... but there's no snow/ice.

Something ain't right here !
It does seem odd. What the heck?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, that's clearly Australia.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@TK42-RAM

Can our Bloke Brudda from Down Unda please confirm that the pic in question is Australia!

That would be all the proof I need.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Shape definitely looks like Australia, but why is it so damn huge? Doesn't seem to scale. Perspective distorted somehow? From that shot it looks like Australia would take up a giant proportion of the earth's land mass.

Clearly "they" have been lying to us

EDIT:
I'm thinking' it's similar to a fish-eye lens distortion effect.

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Shape definitely looks like Australia, but why is it so damn huge? Doesn't seem to scale. Perspective distorted somehow? From that shot it looks like Australia would take up a giant proportion of the earth's land mass.

Clearly "they" have been lying to us

EDIT:
I'm thinking' it's similar to a fish-eye lens distortion effect.
I also figured it was because of the lens. Additionally it's because of the proximity to earth. The closer you are to a sphere the less you see. The above photos were taken approx 139 miles away. The ISS is approx 250 miles away.

This photo was taken from 1 million miles away.
1708520676735.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If they are endeavoring to travel in a direct and efficient manner, perhaps Odysseus wasn’t the best name choice.

They're definitely playing with fire when you consider that the spacecraft name for the command/service module of Apollo 13 was named Odyssey.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I also figured it was because of the lens. Additionally it's because of the proximity to earth. The closer you are to a sphere the less you see. The above photos were taken approx 139 miles away. The ISS is approx 250 miles away.

This photo was taken from 1 million miles away.
View attachment 64578

Hopefully that shadow on the Earth is from the moon and not a large cigarette stain.

Venus and Mars were very close together when I arrived at work this morning down under.

How is this for a close up of celestial activity?

Venus_Mars_2222024.jpg

Q729

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like how the majority of the conversation has been whether or not the landmass pictured is Australia... :laugh1:

How to Watch ‘Odysseus’ Attempt First U.S. Moon Landing Since 1972​

The lunar lander is now closer to the moon than the end-to-end distance driving across Houston, nicknamed ‘Space City,’ according to Intuitive Machines.​

There will be ample opportunity to tune in to the lunar landing Thursday. Intuitive Machines will livestream the event here.

NASA will also provide live landing coverage on NASA+, NASA Television, the NASA app, and the agency’s website.

The space agency said its coverage will begin at 4:15 p.m. EST, as the landing milestones occur.

“Upon successful landing, Intuitive Machines and NASA will host a news conference to discuss the mission and science opportunities that lie ahead as the company begins lunar surface operations,” NASA said.

https://www.flyingmag.com/how-to-watch-odysseus-attempt-first-u-s-moon-landing-since-1972/

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So I wonder whether the company's "lunar surface operations" will include harvesting of Helium-3. Gonna be a serious bumper crop right there.