O.J. Simpson is released from prison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

oj's condition is called "i'm a low life, woman beating prick".

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
After being a parole officer for 30 years, I feel bad for his parole officer. This guy is going to try to get special treatment and will not hesitate to go over your head to get his way.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
“I think he spent more than enough time in prison for a robbery in which he didn’t even have a gun himself,” Lasso said.

He took two friends that did have guns, this isn't the wild west. Just because he wasn't holding one doesn't change the fact that this was armed robbery and someones life was threatened.

Al Lasso, a Las Vegas defense attorney who has followed the case but does not represent Simpson, said any other defendant in a similar case probably would have gotten probation, not prison.

Armed robbery gets more than probation in any state I can think of. Many states, like where I am from, have heavy minimum prison sentences. Back home in Ohio you get 10 years, at least, if you use a gun during a crime.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sure how the justice system works in America, but he's been acquitted of the murders of Brown-Simpson & Goldman. This should not come into play during this parole hearing. The robbery is the case in question here, now if he has been a model inmate during his time in prison, then release is a definite possibility and should be given.

I would put money on the fact that OJ has Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, I'm not making excuses for him, I just believe there is more to his story.

He clearly doesn't have CTE. He's lucid according to every source that speaks to him.

Yes he was acquitted, and it was a giant miscarriage of justice perpetrated by a shitty set of jurors and lousy prosecutors and a legal dream team defense.

I don't know anyone who actually genuinely believes he was not guilty.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
He clearly doesn't have CTE. He's lucid according to every source that speaks to him.

Yes he was acquitted, and it was a giant miscarriage of justice perpetrated by a crappy set of jurors and lousy prosecutors and a legal dream team defense.

I don't know anyone who actually genuinely believes he was not guilty.

I know the murder case was a shambles, but the point I was trying to make was that he's been acquitted of THAT crime, and it should not have a bearing on his parole for THIS crime.

Men that are guilty of many crimes are walking the streets daily and are in business and politics - you have to trust the legal system, and yes, sometimes it gets it wrong.

I can not say if he does have or doesn't have CTE, conversational lucidity isn't a factor really, from what I understand. I do know that Dr. Omalu has gone on record stating that he believes Simpson is a strong candidate to have the disease.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know the murder case was a shambles, but the point I was trying to make was that he's been acquitted of THAT crime, and it should not have a bearing on his parole for THIS crime.

Men that are guilty of many crimes are walking the streets daily and are in business and politics - you have to trust the legal system, and yes, sometimes it gets it wrong.

I can not say if he does have or doesn't have CTE, conversational lucidity isn't a factor really, from what I understand. I do know that Dr. Omalu has gone on record stating that he believes Simpson is a strong candidate to have the disease.

WEll we agree that his previous crime shouldn't play a role in his parole. But I hope it does LOL. He deserves the worst.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh, we get your point and from a criminal justice standpoint you are correct. But those who will decide on whether or not he gets paroled are human and this will be in the back of their minds.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-caught-masturbating-cell-impact-parole.html

OJ Simpson's parole may be in jeopardy after he was caught masturbating in his Nevada prison cell by a female corrections officer
By Alan Butterfield In Lovelock, Nevada For Dailymail.com

4276774700000578-4710666-image-a-25_1500476769407.jpg

OJ Simpson could be denied parole after he was caught pleasuring himself in his cell - strictly verboten in federal prisons in the U.S. - a prison source has told Dailymail.com.

'OJ is facing a disciplinary hearing after being written up for masturbating in his prison cell,' said the source. 'He was caught by a female corrections officer making her normal rounds in late June.'

Dailymail.com confirmed with Lovelock Correctional Center that it does employ female corrections officers.

When OJ, now 70, goes in front of the Nevada Department of Corrections Parole Board on Thursday, he still won't have faced a disciplinary hearing for the masturbation charge, which, says the source, could pose a problem for him.

'While it's not the most serious charge to be written up for in prison, it's serious enough that any potential parole date maybe be delayed or his parole denied all together,' added the source.

OJ was written up under the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA) the first United States federal law passed dealing with the sexual assault of prisoners. The bill was signed into law on September 4, 2003. While masturbation is not directly mentioned in this act, it is considered by many states to be a sexual offense in this bill.

Brook Keast, a public information officer for the Nevada Department of Corrections told Dailymail.com that an inmate masturbating in his cell can be considered a violation if 'the officer believes the inmates actions were intentional.'

'It's up to the discretion of the correctional officer to decide the intent. If the officer believes the actions were intentional the inmate would be written up for MJ30 violation.'

'A hearing would be held where the inmate will be given a chance to testify and tell his version of events. If found guilty by prison officials the severity of the punishment would vary depending on what prison officials believe the intentions of the violation were, It could range from something as a simple write-up to good time credited being taken away from the inmate. It depends on a lot of factors.'

A Nevada Department of Corrections orientation handout given to all inmates when they first arrive at prison defines a MJ30 as - Sexually stimulating activities, including but not limited to caressing, kissing or fondling, except as authorized by department visitation regulations.

'OJ is sweating bullets over his write up. He had been intentionally laying low for the past few months to avoid any problems and now this write-up could cost his freedom for his planned October release,' said the insider. 'He is his own worst enemy,'

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-caught-masturbating-cell-impact-parole.html

OJ Simpson's parole may be in jeopardy after he was caught masturbating in his Nevada prison cell by a female corrections officer

OJ Simpson could be denied parole after he was caught pleasuring himself in his cell - strictly verboten in federal prisons in the U.S. - a prison source has told Dailymail.com.

'OJ is facing a disciplinary hearing after being written up for masturbating in his prison cell,' said the source. 'He was caught by a female corrections officer making her normal rounds in late June.'

Dailymail.com confirmed with Lovelock Correctional Center that it does employ female corrections officers.

When OJ, now 70, goes in front of the Nevada Department of Corrections Parole Board on Thursday, he still won't have faced a disciplinary hearing for the masturbation charge, which, says the source, could pose a problem for him.

'While it's not the most serious charge to be written up for in prison, it's serious enough that any potential parole date maybe be delayed or his parole denied all together,' added the source.

OJ was written up under the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA) the first United States federal law passed dealing with the sexual assault of prisoners. The bill was signed into law on September 4, 2003. While masturbation is not directly mentioned in this act, it is considered by many states to be a sexual offense in this bill.

Brook Keast, a public information officer for the Nevada Department of Corrections told Dailymail.com that an inmate masturbating in his cell can be considered a violation if 'the officer believes the inmates actions were intentional.'

'It's up to the discretion of the correctional officer to decide the intent. If the officer believes the actions were intentional the inmate would be written up for MJ30 violation.'

'A hearing would be held where the inmate will be given a chance to testify and tell his version of events. If found guilty by prison officials the severity of the punishment would vary depending on what prison officials believe the intentions of the violation were, It could range from something as a simple write-up to good time credited being taken away from the inmate. It depends on a lot of factors.'

A Nevada Department of Corrections orientation handout given to all inmates when they first arrive at prison defines a MJ30 as - Sexually stimulating activities, including but not limited to caressing, kissing or fondling, except as authorized by department visitation regulations.

'OJ is sweating bullets over his write up. He had been intentionally laying low for the past few months to avoid any problems and now this write-up could cost his freedom for his planned October release,' said the insider. 'He is his own worst enemy,'

Caught red handed

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure how the justice system works in America, but he's been acquitted of the murders of Brown-Simpson & Goldman. This should not come into play during this parole hearing. The robbery is the case in question here, now if he has been a model inmate during his time in prison, then release is a definite possibility and should be given.

I would put money on the fact that OJ has Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, I'm not making excuses for him, I just believe there is more to his story.
Yes, this is true. But the hate thrown his way in this thread, and throughout most of American society (I think I am safe saying this for those over 40 years old) is enduring. We feel that forensic evidence was ignored and he got off scott free for a double murder, because his lawyer(s) was damn good. The victims were executed like hogs in a slaughterhouse, and then he had the audacity to write a book where he said shyte like "if I had done it, I would have done it this way."

The law was followed, but justice was not done.

I could give a crap about Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy if he has it. I hope he suffers everyday of his life, but we know that won't happen because the sick bastids that support him. He is case #1 for the maxim, "Life is not Fair."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The fact that jacking off is considered a sexual offense is so dumb I don't even know where to start.

Maybe if there was more of that there would be less rape.

This part is hilarious and the lawyer that wrote it should be punched in the head. How do you UNINTENTIONALLY beat your meat?

The idea of him potentially not being paroled because he was jacking off is funny as fuck though. The embarrassment of this being in the news is fantastic.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Thanks for highlighting this ridiculous violation. I missed it while skimming through the article. I'm still trying to get that image of OJ out of my brain. :puke:

Btw the above article may very well be fake news, although it was good for a laugh.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/19/o-j-simpson-masturbating-prison-parole-hearing/

slack-imgs-1.gif

The official statement from Lovelock says, "It is against Nevada Dept. of Corrections policy to release inmate disciplinary history to the public. It is also against policy to release inaccurate information. No official from our department would have released the information in question."

ca26d62de955fdce6b2964e11e89deae.jpg

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm in a federal prison every week, in fact I was there last night. They're not suffering in the form of waterboarding, chain gangs, or bread and water only, but believe me there is suffering when a grown man has every hour of every day regimented by rules enforced by guards, and being locked away from their families.

I have zero sympathy for OJ. He deserves much worse. But I doubt he would say he enjoyed his stay of 8 years in prison.
OJ serving time in state prison which is worse than Federal time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I have a neighbor who is a guard at the local state prison and who swears this is true. On the other hand I speak to guards at the federal prison who say otherwise. One day I'll meet someone who has worked at both facilities and can tell me the truth based on their experience.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a neighbor who is a guard at the local state prison and who swears this is true. On the other hand I speak to guards at the federal prison who say otherwise. One day I'll meet someone who has worked at both facilities and can tell me the truth based on their experience.

I'd like you to ask them their thoughts about fapping in a cell.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I did time in (cal)state prison. I didn't do any Fed time but I have spoken with people who did. Generally speaking, federal prison is where you want to do your time. State prisons can get very bad.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I did time in (cal)state prison. I didn't do any Fed time but I have spoken with people who did. Generally speaking, federal prison is where you want to do your time. State prisons can get very bad.

I only spent some time in county jails(California). I've been told that's the worst of all. Luckily I was scared straight at a young age. :hiding:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408663