No New love for LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
More of the same lack of respect for the Rams from NFL journalists (and I use that term loosely in regard to Pete Prisco) despite the high profile move to LA. Not that I expected much in the way of change but the increased scrutiny on our team through Hard Knocks and in general associated with the move to LA. But I did hope that with increased exposure, some hacks would at least do their homework on the potential in this team rather than just write them off on the basis of the diabolical 12 past seasons.

But no, Prisco has just released his season predictions in which he has the Rams going 5-11. There seems to be a total disregard for our performance within the division over the past couple of years as well as he has us only beating the 49ers. I have come to expect this each and every year but it doesn't make it any easier to digest.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2016-nfl-picks-32-teams-269-games-one-super-bowl-champ/

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd be worried if everyone was predicting 11-5.

Let's be real - we deserve the underdog status. Only those of us who have really been following and paying attention now how good this team can be. To everyone else, we are a good (if not dirty) defense with a horrible offense whose QB isn't ready yet. That's the lazy story line.

It's not like we are going to sneak up on the division - Az, Sea, and SF all know what it feels like to play us - but I'm hoping some other teams look past us a bit.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Let's be real - we deserve the underdog status. Only those of us who have really been following and paying attention now how good this team can be. To everyone else, we are a good (if not dirty) defense with a horrible offense whose QB isn't ready yet. That's the lazy story line.

It's not like we are going to sneak up on the division - Az, Sea, and SF all know what it feels like to play us - but I'm hoping some other teams look past us a bit.

I just wish we would play outside of our division like we do within it.... Just saying..

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Most of these same guys picking them to win 7 or less games in 2016 had been picking the Rams to make some noise the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I'm not surprised by some of these predictions now... The ones predicting less than 6 wins seems a bit ridiculous but other than that.................

CYPPRvfUMAAvjKP.png

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can't really disagree with what you're saying. I just get pissed at lazy journalism. I mean New Orleans to beat us by 9??? They have NO defence, Brees will wake up three days later after Quinn and AD get finished with him, and we normally go pretty well against them anyway. 4 times he has us giving up 27 or more points. I mean, at least respect our D!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what pizzes me off, which is lazy journalism. Our Oline is the best it has been in a very long time. I bet if you were to corner one of these sumbiches and put a metaphorical gun to their heads, they couldn't name the starters...and certainly not the back ups. The talking heads confer with one another, and with a derisive laugh, "It's the Rams, what can you expect?"

IF the Rams Oline is cohesive and they are road graders, they will open a hole for Gurley, even against great defenses. We will be a hard team to beat, if so. But that would require more than a couple neurons firing in the ole' brain, to string these thoughts together.....

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As long as 80 - 90,000 people keep filling the Coliseum for home games, I don't think too many Rams fans really care about the constant clueless media trash talk. Since the majority of talking heads don't approach their subject matter with the real knowledge for the teams they cover, winning will be the only thing that shuts them up. So let's win, ... and do it again and again !

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
The OP and all who commented made this a fun read. I look forward to the Rams as they...... " shock the world"

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Most of these same guys picking them to win 7 or less games in 2016 had been picking the Rams to make some noise the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I'm not surprised by some of these predictions now... The ones predicting less than 6 wins seems a bit ridiculous but other than that.................

CYPPRvfUMAAvjKP.png

quote-fool-me-once-shame-on-shame-on-you-fool-me-you-can-t-get-fooled-again-george-w-bush-91-40-81.jpg

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Prisco knows very little about NFL football, but he knows how to write nicely in 'sports style'. He is the Jim Thomas of national writers. No real knowledge but a gleener of info.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Winning cures everything and shuts the naysayers up. During the days of the GSOT even Chris Berman and ESPN were praising the Rams.

What annoys me is that NFL "journalists" look at the past to predict the future. Here's Prisco and Gordo at their staff meeting deciding whether to do the hard work and take a comprehensive look at the potential of the LA Rams or to just mail it in.

giphy.gif

KJD_Ram

Rookie
and are HIGH game point total?.....19....in other words, Prisco predicts we will NOT score over 19 points in any of our 16 regular season games. I know these are predictions, but at least TRY and be credible.

FrankenRam

Starter
More of the same lack of respect for the Rams from NFL journalists (and I use that term loosely in regard to Pete Prisco) despite the high profile move to LA. Not that I expected much in the way of change but the increased scrutiny on our team through Hard Knocks and in general associated with the move to LA. But I did hope that with increased exposure, some hacks would at least do their homework on the potential in this team rather than just write them off on the basis of the diabolical 12 past seasons.

But no, Prisco has just released his season predictions in which he has the Rams going 5-11. There seems to be a total disregard for our performance within the division over the past couple of years as well as he has us only beating the 49ers. I have come to expect this each and every year but it doesn't make it any easier to digest.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2016-nfl-picks-32-teams-269-games-one-super-bowl-champ/

Regardless of the city in which the team is based, their recent 5 yr and 10 yr records are what people are going to look at. Nobody gives a hoot about the move or that they'll have a shiny new stadium in a couple yr.

Even the record within the division is only of minimal interest because, last time I checked, they count all 16 games.

Seriously, I don't understand why fans get their panties in a bunch about 'respect' when the Rams have done precious little to deserve any in recent history. If/when they start winning, they'll start getting more positive media coverage. It's that simple. Wins = Good Coverage. Worst 10 yr record in NFL History = No Respect, and None Deserved.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wonder though what the reaction would be if they all picked the Rams to win 12 games...To me that's as unlikely as 4 wins... BTW, haven't seen it here yet... Vegas almost unanimously says Rams by 2.5...O/U 43.5...

I take the Rams and the under...I like the Rams 24-13...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
and are HIGH game point total?.....19....in other words, Prisco predicts we will NOT score over 19 points in any of our 16 regular season games. I know these are predictions, but at least TRY and be credible.

Saw that too. I stopped looking at them after the first 8 games and I saw the high water mark was at 17. Laziness at it's best.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Regardless of the city in which the team is based, their recent 5 yr and 10 yr records are what people are going to look at. Nobody gives a hoot about the move or that they'll have a shiny new stadium in a couple yr.

Even the record within the division is only of minimal interest because, last time I checked, they count all 16 games.

Seriously, I don't understand why fans get their panties in a bunch about 'respect' when the Rams have done precious little to deserve any in recent history. If/when they start winning, they'll start getting more positive media coverage. It's that simple. Wins = Good Coverage. Worst 10 yr record in NFL History = No Respect, and None Deserved.

I could care less about 'respect' from Journos or other team fanbases but as I, and many others, have stated, it's this type of lazy reporting that engenders the 'once bad, always bad' notion that is annoying. I agree that our record over the last 12 years has been abysmal but as a professional journalist, at least acknowledge that attempts have been made to 'fix' the shortcomings. If after that you disagree that the changes can improve the team, at least there could be a considered debate or 'factually' based argument. I'm sure there are other teams that experience this sloppy journalistic phenomenon as well.

Rant over!! :)