NFL set to hire its first female game official

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
You don't know the backstory of the male refs in the nfl. What's to say they played football? Yet you automatically assume (because she's female) she knows less about football than her male counterparts? I'm sorry bro I usually respect you as a poster but I'm having a hard time interpreting this as anything other than sexism.
It's not sexism It's a 100 percent to do with sport. I have no problem with female refs in male sports that females play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's not sexism It's a 100 percent to do with sport. I have no problem with female refs in male sports that females play.
http://feminspire.com/a-new-trend-of-female-football-players/

erin-dimeglio-300x300.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FWIW, females have been officiating college games for the past 8+ years, and the first female ref in college ball was 20 years ago.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
I think what @lockdnram21 is trying to say is women generally do not have the same type of passion about the game as men. How will she handled being booed? Will there be sexual harassment throughout the season by the fans or even the male refs? Most women I talk to know next to nothing about football. My sister doesn't even know what a first down is.

The refs have been god awful the last couple years and any type of change is welcomed, but I think any normal person would question whether or not she knows the actual game as well.

My wife got me more in to football than I ever was before I met her. No need to make generalizations. There are a lot of people out there who know more about football than you do, statistically some of them are women.

iced

If she can call a better game and keep up, all for it.

only thing I would be worried about is her absolutely getting destroyed by a player on accident

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If she can call a better game and keep up, all for it.

only thing I would be worried about is her absolutely getting destroyed by a player on accident
I think only Ed Hochuli is safe from that.
But he's getting up there in years, so maybe not even him now.

iced

true - but even she would still have a drop off in body weight from the next ref

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My wife got me more in to football than I ever was before I met her. No need to make generalizations. There are a lot of people out there who know more about football than you do, statistically some of them are women.
Oh come on, nobody knows football better then I do.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben

Hochuli is basically immortal, so we should be seeing him for the next 50 years or so.

Alan

Legend
My sister is every bit as knowledgeable about football as I am. That's a pretty low bar but it points out the error of thinking women can't be just as tuned into football as men. She doesn't agree with me about everything (she's obviously smarter than me :LOL:) and she approaches some subjects from a different direction than I do but that's all to the good. I've tried to talk her into posting here but she works two jobs just to support herself and takes care of my 84 year old mother. Claims she doesn't have time for it. :rolleyes: Slacker.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
who's our best looking/charming guy on the roster, we need to make sure his charm is on point this off season So everytime we get a damn flag he can run up to her and talk her out of the penalty.

Alan

Legend
LosAngelesRams thinking it's a two way street:
who's our best looking/charming guy on the roster, we need to make sure his charm is on point this off season So everytime we get a damn flag he can run up to her and talk her out of the penalty.
I think that only works when women are doing the persuading. :LOL:

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could have been Harvey Dahl.
"Hey, baby, that's not fucking holding. THIS is fucking holding!"

iced

Think Jenkins has enough babies :D:whistle: