NFL Prematurely Promotes Patriots-Vikings Super Bowl LII Matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that I won't be watching the Super Bowl if it's Iggles vs Patriots...serious as fukk. Since I don't really care about the AFC (or the Jags), I will only watch if the Vikings are in it...What a shit-show if I have to rely on the Vikings and hope they beat the Pats.

SUMBICH!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm gonna invest in a tin foil hat business. Gonna make millions....of ROD credits.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
supposedly the NFL put a contest on Facebook to win tickets to the Super Bowl to see the Vikings play the Patriots. They took the teams off of the contest as soon as the saw their mistake.

So, is it predetermined?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

The Patriots have beaten the Steelers on every weekend.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
giphy.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm convinced the fix is in. So much money at stake. They're not going to leave it to chance.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's hard to believe how badly managed the league has become..........it's borderline comical. They could make a sitcom out of it actually.

Once a big successful business starts hiring family and friends so they all get their hands in the pot, quality starts going downhill. Happens all the time. Same for State jobs. And if there are no family or friends getting the job, the best bullshit does, who is hired because he seems like a fun future friend. I forgot hot women too.

I'm convinced the fix is in. So much money at stake. They're not going to leave it to chance.

For big games, I am sure the NFL has more control over the outcome. For the very reason you said.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have to ask you guys that think things are fixed..........why do you bother watching or rooting for a team?

Isn't it then a waste of time, like watching WWE, if you "know" it's fixed?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to ask you guys that think things are fixed..........why do you bother watching or rooting for a team?

Nah, I used to watch Roller Derby and it never bothered me.

Bubba and Fred Sanford get back from a night at the Roller Derby:

Bubba: "Hey Fred, don't you think the Roller Derby is fixed?"
Fred: "Yeah, but I wonder how he got his nose to bleed like that."

Angry Ram

I love it when people make conspiracy claims.

Do people honestly believe the NFL called down to Petey and say "hey, we don't want you to win, even though you have a ton of bandwagon fans, this is not how it was booked! So why don't you do a pass play, oh and tell Russell to make the pass catchable and not too hard!"

OR

"Hey Dan, NFL here. Listen, we know you've thoroughly outplayed NE the better part of 3 quarters. But now we want you to phone it in. Also, tell Kyle to make pass on an obvious run call on 3rd and short. Don't worry, we'll make him a heel and then switch to a 49er next week. You'll still be a babyface."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love it when people make conspiracy claims.

Do people honestly believe the NFL called down to Petey and say "hey, we don't want you to win, even though you have a ton of bandwagon fans, this is not how it was booked! So why don't you do a pass play, oh and tell Russell to make the pass catchable and not too hard!"

OR

"Hey Dan, NFL here. Listen, we know you've thoroughly outplayed NE the better part of 3 quarters. But now we want you to phone it in. Also, tell Kyle to make pass on an obvious run call on 3rd and short. Don't worry, we'll make him a heel and then switch to a 49er next week. You'll still be a babyface."

Then there are only three other possibilities:

(1) coincidence
(2) massive incompetence
(3) favoritism

Humans being what they are tend to play favorites. If a ref doesn't like a certain player, then chances are he will not give him the benefit of the doubt on border-line calls. Those add up during a game and can alter the outcome due to the fact that one play can be the difference between a win or a loss. Since sex robots are supposedly being perfected, maybe they should work on robot referees next.

My top choices for the cluster-blank the NFL refs have become is (2) and (3).

Angry Ram

Then there are only three other possibilities:

(1) coincidence
(2) massive incompetence
(3) favoritism

Humans being what they are tend to play favorites. If a ref doesn't like a certain player, then chances are he will not give him the benefit of the doubt on border-line calls. Those add up during a game and can alter the outcome due to the fact that one play can be the difference between a win or a loss. Since sex robots are supposedly being perfected, maybe they should work on robot referees next.

My top choices for the cluster-blank the NFL refs have become is (2) and (3).

Mine is the first two, with the massive incompetence of being on the teams themselves (I'm looking at you, Titans, Falcons, and shitbirds).

When a team like the Jets can beat NE in the playoffs, that's enough for me it is not "fixed" or the NFL is playing favorites.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This pats hating stuff is getting cringeworthy.