LEGEND New Movie Trailers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hollywood has become all about making money, investors don't want to put up hundreds of millions If it's not a sure thing, so they just repeat the same stories over and over again. Same with video games, only a few studios really care about the story, most of the time its just rehashed mechanics with new skins.

My dad has been saying that for years, he's been in the rooms while they make their discussions, and have seen the movies he worked on get changed because of risks. As long as they're making money, it won't change.

It's human nature to look at our past with high school goggles, nothing will live up to those standards we have because we're not children filled with wonder anymore.

My dad has long moved past nit-picking every film he watches, there's usually something good in there.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ghostbusters

This doesn't look good at all

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not a trailer but Sony is apparently gonna do a Venom movie.

I really wish they would've kept Sinister 6 alive. That was a really cool concept. Oh well.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not a trailer but Sony is apparently gonna do a Venom movie.

I really wish they would've kept Sinister 6 alive. That was a really cool concept. Oh well.
It will be interesting to see what Sony does with Venom , from what I read , it won't have anything to do with the new upcoming Spider-man movies staring Tom Holland , but what is yet to be seen is it will be part of the new shared universe with Marvel/Disney and Sony

Also will be interesting to see what version of Venom they use , go back the original version , or one of the many reincarnations since , isn't Venom now Flash Thompson and is some kind of Space Cop hanging out with the Guardians of the Galaxy ?

I lost track years ago , o_O

And as far as the Sinister Six movie , I really liked the idea , but I sure didn't like the direction they were going with it in the Amazing Spider-man movies ,Rhino , Electro and the Green Goblin were just so lame , if they were going to do it , just start over

venom-schiti3.jpg

Angry Ram

Venom is not a space cop. He's a space knight. Big difference.

It's gonna be a spinoff first, and it's own franchise if it works out. I would assume they would use the original version.

I actually liked the Amazing Spidey movies. They were fun and felt more like comic movies than the Tobey/Dunst drama fest.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ghostbusters

This doesn't look good at all

Oof, that was.... Just... Oof... Two of the four people I know are funny, I don't really know the other two, but that just doesn't look good... Sometimes the classics need to just be left alone.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hollywood has become all about making money, investors don't want to put up hundreds of millions If it's not a sure thing, so they just repeat the same stories over and over again. Same with video games, only a few studios really care about the story, most of the time its just rehashed mechanics with new skins.

My dad has been saying that for years, he's been in the rooms while they make their discussions, and have seen the movies he worked on get changed because of risks. As long as they're making money, it won't change.

It's human nature to look at our past with high school goggles, nothing will live up to those standards we have because we're not children filled with wonder anymore.

My dad has long moved past nit-picking every film he watches, there's usually something good in there.
Read a good interview with Ethan Hawke about why he did the Sinister movies. Basically, they were low budget scary movies. He was saying by taking on the project of a low budget movie the prospects of actually making money are much higher. The first one had a production budget of $3M and grossed just over $48M in the U.S. No idea what the international take was or how it did with rental stuff. But, it is still very possible to make cheap (in Hollywood terms) movies that do well. Particularly when you factor in Netflix/PPV revenue on top of the theatre grosses. The second did about the same with a slightly higher budget.
I have a relative who is a screen writer. He has done a lot of different stuff. He has sold way more than what has actually been filmed. He contracted to write one of the Hunger Games movies....he was nearly done and they decided to use someone else. So, his adaptation never got used, but, he still got his fee....that just gets added into the budget.
Hollywood is a strange strange business.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Captain America: Civil War Official trailer 2

We get our first look at Spider-man

spideyheader3.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
TEAM SPIDEY

_1457734414.gif

hjvlwqhfugulqdbzph0s.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Alice Through the Looking Glass

Angry Ram

I'm excited for the new Jungle Book movie! It was one of the stories I grew up with and didn't realize it's coming out in a couple weeks!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm excited for the new Jungle Book movie! It was one of the stories I grew up with and didn't realize it's coming out in a couple weeks!

Have no clue if it will be good or not , but it looks cool

I wonder if Disney filmed this and Pete's Dragon at the same time

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
IMAX Featurette

The Bare Necessities

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Having watched this trailer a couple times now , I am starting to have a little problem with Felicity Jones character

One thing that worked so well with Daisy Ridley's character in The Force Awakens is that she was such a good and honest person which is actually quite refreshing now days in female leads in action movies

Where Felicity Jones character seems to take a step backwards

Over the last ten years or so we've seen a lot more females in lead rolls in action movies ,and TV but their almost always the same , these rebellious, smart ass , tough guy women , not that I have a major problem with them , but they are all starting to look the same , their characters have become somewhat generic

Having only seen 140 seconds , Felicity Jones character looks to fall under that category , hopefully they have a few surprises for her , so she breaks that mold

I loved Daisy Ridley in The Force Awakens , but my jury is still out on Felicity Jones in Rouge One

Last edited: