Need Some Advice (paypal Dispute)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
hey guys I'm in the middle of a paypal dispute where the buyer is trying to scam me. I've submitted all the evidence I have and now paypal is reviewing the case so I'm just nervously waiting. I'm worried that if paypal somehow rules in his favor I'll have to contact the police.

Is there any members on here in law enforcement? or anyone whose been in the situation before can you please PM me?

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know which is why this is so frustrating. I submitted pictures of everything showing he's trying to scam me so I really hope paypal sees that

PhxRam

I know which is why this is so frustrating. I submitted pictures of everything showing he's trying to scam me so I really hope paypal sees that

Keep me updated bro, I am interested in how you make out.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I've been a victim as a seller and a buyer. I have a dispute going right now as a matter of fact.

Phx is correct. Ebay rarely sides with the seller.

Hope you get it worked out.

…..

Legend
Back in the 90's I bought a 1/38 scale Dale Earnhardt die cast. The seller wouldnt send it and claimed the US Postal money order never arrrived. However, I saved the money order number and it was indeed cashed.

He thought I would go away, being a newbie. It was my very first Ebay transaction.

In the end, the Post Master General in Tampa reminded him that mail fraud was a federal offense.

My purchase arrived a week later with no further explanations. The seller is no longer part iof the Ebay community.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Keep me updated bro, I am interested in how you make out.

will do.

I've been a victim as a seller and a buyer. I have a dispute going right now as a matter of fact.

Phx is correct. Ebay rarely sides with the seller.

Hope you get it worked out.

thanks man. No ebay on this one. The transaction was just done through PayPal via invoice.

In summary,

I sold him an item. I shipped the item to address he requested. Tracking info shows the item was delivered to that address.

The day the item was delivered he opens a claim on PayPal saying he didn't get the item. I emailed him about it, no response.

The same day, He lists the item for sale on Facebook with his name and date written on a mailing box in the picture.

I message him on Facebook he acts like he has no idea what I'm talking about and blocks me and takes the item off.

I have pictures of all of this and I've submitted them to PayPal and explained it all and they're reviewing it.

I just don't know if I should contact his local police now or wait until PayPal reaches a decision. I honestly don't know how it's even taken this long which is making me nervous.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would contact them now. I don't fuck around with my money.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You may want to have the Postmaster in his town look into this. As much as the postal system is a bloated bureaucratic nightmare, they really don't like people committing fraud in their name. If the post office says they delivered it and he says he never got it, they are going to be none too pleased with him.

Now the other thing is that when I used to go to court on eviction proceedings, the courts would always consider the USPS as a reliable delivery device. In other words, if you have proof that you mailed it, that is good enough for the courts to rule that the person received it. It's a strange thing with the signature idea too though. In our proceedings - not that they are the same as yours - sending something certified mail or signature required was problematic. The courts have ruled that a person can actually say that he wasn't the one who signed for it. In other cases, the person has been able to say he didn't receive it in a timely manner because he refused to sign for it (not related to your case it would seem). Seems stupid but..... Long and short - your proof that you mailed it should be sufficient.

I would suggest you try to get the post office (both your local and his), the local police, AND the local Sherriff on it. One of them is likely to at minimum give the guy just enough encouragement to clear this thing up. Send them copies of your evidence and let them do a little knock and talk with the guy. My guess is this isn't the first time he's pulled some kind of BS and the cops might even know who he is already.

Good luck.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
You won't do that again I bet.

definitely not.

You may want to have the Postmaster in his town look into this. As much as the postal system is a bloated bureaucratic nightmare, they really don't like people committing fraud in their name. If the post office says they delivered it and he says he never got it, they are going to be none too pleased with him.

Now the other thing is that when I used to go to court on eviction proceedings, the courts would always consider the USPS as a reliable delivery device. In other words, if you have proof that you mailed it, that is good enough for the courts to rule that the person received it. It's a strange thing with the signature idea too though. In our proceedings - not that they are the same as yours - sending something certified mail or signature required was problematic. The courts have ruled that a person can actually say that he wasn't the one who signed for it. In other cases, the person has been able to say he didn't receive it in a timely manner because he refused to sign for it (not related to your case it would seem). Seems stupid but..... Long and short - your proof that you mailed it should be sufficient.

I would suggest you try to get the post office (both your local and his), the local police, AND the local Sherriff on it. One of them is likely to at minimum give the guy just enough encouragement to clear this thing up. Send them copies of your evidence and let them do a little knock and talk with the guy. My guess is this isn't the first time he's pulled some kind of BS and the cops might even know who he is already.

Good luck.

thank you for the response man, appreciate it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Joe I'm sure that this will be resolved in your favor, it seems like the guys got nothing to stand on since you have evidence of him scamming.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Joe I'm sure that this will be resolved in your favor, it seems like the guys got nothing to stand on since you have evidence of him scamming.

I hope so man.. stressing me out. I just got off the phone with PayPal (for the third time) finally got someone in the dispute department. They've "escalated the case" and they should reach a decision within 24 hours.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope so man.. stressing me out. I just got off the phone with PayPal (for the third time) finally got someone in the dispute department. They've "escalated the case" and they should reach a decision within 24 hours.
Have you given any thought about informing them that you will be pursuing a mail fraud case and the authorities may be contacting them? May want to save that until you see what they come back with. A thinly veiled threat sometimes can rattle some cages. Just don't directly threaten Paypal or they may just turn it over to their legal dept. Just a thought if you don't get anywhere with them.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Have you given any thought about informing them that you will be pursuing a mail fraud case and the authorities may be contacting them? May want to save that until you see what they come back with. A thinly veiled threat sometimes can rattle some cages. Just don't directly threaten Paypal or they may just turn it over to their legal dept. Just a thought if you don't get anywhere with them.

Yeah, I thought about emailing him letting him know I'd be contacting his local police but since I finally got through to someone and they escalated the case I'll just wait to see their decision. Hopefully they rule in my favor and I won't have to deal with all that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, I thought about emailing him letting him know I'd be contacting his local police but since I finally got through to someone and they escalated the case I'll just wait to see their decision. Hopefully they rule in my favor and I won't have to deal with all that.
I wouldn't play your cards to the idiot giving you the grief. See if you can have the "authorities" notify him. Don't give him any more info than you have to. That'd be my suggestion.

So what would they do if they rule in your favor? Do they compensate you or just ask him to pay up or lose his Paypal privileges?

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't play your cards to the idiot giving you the grief. See if you can have the "authorities" notify him. Don't give him any more info than you have to. That'd be my suggestion.

So what would they do if they rule in your favor? Do they compensate you or just ask him to pay up or lose his Paypal privileges?

Agreed. That's why I decided against it.

Well the money is being held by PayPal so if they rule in my favor it would be put back into my account

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Joe. What was the final outcome in your case? Just curious as I use Paypal to sell too.