Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I can't get past how our SB rings came with Warner/Pace and Stafford/Whit and am honestly just extending your logic. We are completely void of an elite Left Tackle - - thus making the position our most glaring need.

I'm with everyone on the importance of stocking good disrupters and difference makers along the D-Line. I hope we do so.

I just wouldn't be surprised to see Les swing big and trade up for Joe Alt.
A franchise LT could put our team over the top and keep Stafford around for 3 maybe 4 more seasons.

Add everybody else via elite scouting. (I seem to like using the word "elite" don't I?)

Go Rams!
There is definitely logic to an Alt pick solidifies the position for a ton of years. Plus the OL is easily top 1 or 2 in the league and when I watched Detroit and Philly OL play both QVs had all day and honestly Stafford is better than both by a good deal and we have way better WRs / offensive weapons overall to work with. It would
probably secure 3 solid more years, but I keep coming back to at what price will the defense suffer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Key: Cornerstone Position

"There is a hole on the roster right now":

:helmet: Edge.
:helmet: DL. (Rams are flexible due to Turner)
:helmet: K. (Please God)
:helmet: WILB.

"Questionable current or projected starters":

:helmet: CB. (CB1)
:helmet: S.
:helmet: TE.
:helmet: WR. (WR3)

"Current answers are short term":

:helmet: LT.

"Depth may be a priority":

:helmet: C.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Key: Cornerstone Position

"There is a hole on the roster right now":

:helmet: Edge.
:helmet: DL. (Rams are flexible due to Turner)
:helmet: K. (Please God)
:helmet: WILB.

"Questionable current or projected starters":

:helmet: CB. (CB1)
:helmet: S.
:helmet: TE.
:helmet: WR. (WR3)

"Current answers are short term":

:helmet: LT.

"Depth may be a priority":

:helmet: C.
In order:

Jared Verse (pick 19)
Mike Sainristil (52)
Kiran Amegadjie (83)
Tanor Bortolini (154)

Problems solved.

Alternatively, if Mitchell or Arnold is available at 19, you take them and then take Kneeland or Braswell at 52.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It obviously is super important but like I keep saying at what price when our LT was really solid last year vs a weakened defense with the loss of AD.
So just food for thought but after AD who were/are the best players on defense? Jones? Third round pick captain and green dot. Young and Turner? Two third round picks contending for rookie of the year. I get it we have to replace AD, but we won't replace him take his name out of the equation. We need an upgrade at 5 tech. We need an upgrade at Edge too.

As solid as Jackson was last year do you think we can upgrade him? It's a position of great importance as we all know likely the 2nd most important position. We can conceivably upgrade all 3 positions and be just fine and set up for the long term. This is my issue with the whole argument, people pretend it's either or and won't acknowledge that we can address the defense even if we go LT in the 1st.

Again I'm on record a billion times this draft season that I want Verse in the 1st. But I can see why the Rams would draft a LT in the 1st. Especially after not signing Jackson to a long term deal. If he really was as good as people are saying you would think he'd be on a bigger contract. Things can always change though so who knows how the Rams act.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
But I can see why the Rams would draft a LT in the 1st.
The problem is that there are only two proper LT prospects in the first round: Alt will be gone in the top ten, but Fashanu may slide far enough for us to trade up without giving up too much capital.

Fuaga, Fautanu, Guyton, etc, are all either RT or G at the next level. Mims and Suamataia are likely to be over drafted.

If we don’t get Fashanu, I’d wait for Amegadjie in the third round.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
So if Stafford has indicated he plans on staying for the 3 years left on his contract, how would you feel about an Alt, Fashanu, Fautana this year?
The same. I don't expect this to be his last year, but, with what we currently have on defense, we aren't getting him another ring this year. The premium draft capital should be used in that regard, IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem is that there are only two proper LT prospects in the first round: Alt will be gone in the top ten, but Fashanu may slide far enough for us to trade up without giving up too much capital.

Fuaga, Fautanu, Guyton, etc, are all either RT or G at the next level.

If we don’t get Fashanu, I’d wait for Amegadjie in the third round.
In your opinion. What do the Rams feel?

And I'm not a big fan of Amegadjie if we're going 3rd rounder I'd prefer Rosegarten by a large margin.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea. And neither does anybody else here. We can only air our own opinions.
Which is what I was doing when you told me I was wrong and told me your opinion. It's all good we can disagree that still allowed I think :) There are a lot of people that think there are in fact more than 2 guys who can play LT among the 6 or so OT that will likely be drafted in the first round maybe as many as 8 drafted.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So just food for thought but after AD who were/are the best players on defense? Jones? Third round pick captain and green dot. Young and Turner? Two third round picks contending for rookie of the year. I get it we have to replace AD, but we won't replace him take his name out of the equation. We need an upgrade at 5 tech. We need an upgrade at Edge too.

As solid as Jackson was last year do you think we can upgrade him? It's a position of great importance as we all know likely the 2nd most important position. We can conceivably upgrade all 3 positions and be just fine and set up for the long term. This is my issue with the whole argument, people pretend it's either or and won't acknowledge that we can address the defense even if we go LT in the 1st.

Again I'm on record a billion times this draft season that I want Verse in the 1st. But I can see why the Rams would draft a LT in the 1st. Especially after not signing Jackson to a long term deal. If he really was as good as people are saying you would think he'd be on a bigger contract. Things can always change though so who knows how the Rams act.
The question is, are those 3rd round picks as good this year without the commanding presence of the greatest DT of all time? I hope so, but it is not at all a sure thing. So not only did our defense get worse with the loss of a HOF DT, but the ripple effect could also be rather large. This is why I am advocating to use our premium draft capital this year to try and shore up an obvious hole in our team.

Sure we can upgrade AJax, but, do we need to? He was good last year and stands to both improve and have superior talent around him on the line. Our line, as it is currently constructed, is likely a top 5 line in the league.

As for the statement that we can address defense later, sure we can. We can also do the same on the OL. The difference? Talent. Not to mention the suggestions around the news that we are actually using more capital and trying to move up for a OT.

I get it, your in favor of us going Edge, but your are advocating for LT a fair amount also. In essence, I'm agreeing with you. Go Edge.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In your opinion. What do the Rams feel?

And I'm not a big fan of Amegadjie if we're going 3rd rounder I'd prefer Rosegarten by a large margin.
Isn't Rosegarten rumored to be potentially taken at end of 1st? I don't think he clears the 2nd round myself, but I'm also not the biggest fan of his game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't Rosegarten rumored to be potentially taken at end of 1st? I don't think he clears the 2nd round myself, but I'm also not the biggest fan of his game.
Most mocks I've seen have him in the 3rd just going off that haven't looked to closely at it.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Yes we are all wrong :)
Exactly. At this time of year, it’s silly season.

Everyone has their favourites; everyone has the prospects they hate. Everyone has their unrealistic draft expectations; everyone has their nightmare scenarios.

At the end of the day, we are all just guessing. The Rams won’t know what they are doing until after the first few picks have gone, all we can do is place our trust in Les, Sean and the others.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The question is, are those 3rd round picks as good this year without the commanding presence of the greatest DT of all time? I hope so, but it is not at all a sure thing. So not only did our defense get worse with the loss of a HOF DT, but the ripple effect could also be rather large. This is why I am advocating to use our premium draft capital this year to try and shore up an obvious hole in our team.

Sure we can upgrade AJax, but, do we need to? He was good last year and stands to both improve and have superior talent around him on the line. Our line, as it is currently constructed, is likely a top 5 line in the league.

As for the statement that we can address defense later, sure we can. We can also do the same on the OL. The difference? Talent. Not to mention the suggestions around the news that we are actually using more capital and trying to move up for a OT.

I get it, your in favor of us going Edge, but your are advocating for LT a fair amount also. In essence, I'm agreeing with you. Go Edge.
1) Don't know and we won't know until everybody is out there on the field. I don't think the answer to that question hasn't been asked by the Rams and I don't think the answer changes their draft strategy.

2) We should always try to upgrade every position we can with the best player in front of us in free agency/trade/draft

3) Refer you back to what I said for the first one.

4) I'm advocating that people shouldn't lock themselves into the idea that the Rams "have to draft" a certain player or position. These guys know a whole hell of a lot more than us. Let them do their thing. There are people who are making statements about how angry they'll be if a certain player or position is draft or if we don't trade back before taking that person etc etc etc. If you go into the draft thinking a certain thing has to happen or you'll be angry you're likely in for a bad day and a bad year. My favorite part of this whole thing is a lot of the people saying the Rams have to do what they want also said last year the Rams would be a 5 win team or worse. Let the guys that made us the team we are do their thing and enjoy the ride. No I'm not saying don't have your own ideas just be open to others which a lot of people clearly aren't. There are people that won't even consider that a player is better than they think or worse for that matter.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most mocks I've seen have him in the 3rd just going off that haven't looked to closely at it.
He'd be a nice 3rd rounder, I think the talk about the 1st is a bit nuts. Kiper keeps suggesting it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. At this time of year, it’s silly season.

Everyone has their favourites; everyone has the prospects they hate. Everyone has their unrealistic draft expectations; everyone has their nightmare scenarios.

At the end of the day, we are all just guessing. The Rams won’t know what they are doing until after the first few picks have gone, all we can do is place our trust in Les, Sean and the others.
Except for me I'm always right. I'd use blue font but some of the comments to me have people really believing I think this :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW @Flatlyner are you over there on FootballsFuture? I think I saw that name and avatar there the other day :D