Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Rams trade 1st & 2nd rounder to Broncos for their 1st & 4th rounder.

An OT? Makes sense to get a cheaper contract on that OLine with the guard expenditure, I guess.

But the only players I would even consider trading up for would be Quinyon Mitchell, Brock Bowers, & Rome Odunze.

I just figured that after the success of last year's draft after a failed trade up attempt that they'd just stand pat.

Broncos don't have a 2nd round pick and need a QB. Maybe Denver's Allbright is just brainstorming a way for the Broncos to move down and make a Bo Nix selection more palatable.
Or the Rams swap 19 for 12, and throw in there third and a fifth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep hearing that Fautanu’s best spot would be guard. If true he shouldn’t be the guy the Rams target.

Snead seems to have developed a talent for playing the board. So, whomever it is that he’s targeting, he thinks he needs to get to 12. It could be multiple players

If their tier one group has three 12 players in it, then they likely figure one of that group will be left at pick 12. They won’t be sure until the draft but that is their threshold to land someone in that group.

I don’t think they trade up for a specific position that they deem as a need.

If they cannot make that deal then a trade back from 19 is likely because tier group 2 is usually larger than tier 1.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Sitting on my back porch, in between bong rips and watching Hummingbirds, did a 32 team, 3 round mock. Tried to be as objective and accurate as one can, in such circumstances. Nitpick away!
5b7b28ba-df9b-4bb3-97da-e120391db678.png
542b5449-9864-4708-b9e0-4581b52dd2c3.png
e40a9424-8bc7-4d9a-9719-20d1d1f504a7.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep hearing that Fautanu’s best spot would be guard. If true he shouldn’t be the guy the Rams target.

Snead seems to have developed a talent for playing the board. So, whomever it is that he’s targeting, he thinks he needs to get to 12. It could be multiple players

If their tier one group has three 12 players in it, then they likely figure one of that group will be left at pick 12. They won’t be sure until the draft but that is their threshold to land someone in that group.

If they cannot make that deal then a trade back from 19 is likely because tier group 2 is usually larger than tier 1.
Or, on the other hand. If Munchak is still advising the Rams, maybe there really is a specific Left tackle that he thinks will be an All-pro.

I could imagine him being pretty convincing when it comes to traits of elite Olinemen.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I think it could be all of the above.

Daniel Jeremiah said that if Byron Murphy fell into the teens, the Rams would move up to pick him.

There was a report that the Rams want a QB and it turned into speculation about Penix (who doesn’t seem like an ideal fit)

Then we can see the logic in wanting a top rookie OLT on a cheap rookie contract for 5 years to soften the blow of two highly paid guards.

And then. You have Odunze. Who, if he dropped to ten I could see McVay start pitching a tent in the war room. Possibly Bowers as well.

I’d argue that trading up for a pass catcher or top LT would not be the best value. But Snead has said that he has to reel Sean in on draft day. There should be a good OLT closer to 19, and lots of receiving options later. But a guy like Odunze would make the Rams offense so hard to defend.

A QB would strictly be a future move, which seems like a waste with Stafford under contract for three more years, but none of us know if Stafford said he’s done in a year or two.

So, that makes the most realistic and cost effective option, the defensive player, who is likely there in the teens, and won’t cost a fortune in trade capital. Plus, if DJ said it, then he may have inadvertently leaked some real info about the Rams and Murphy. He seems to be one of the more clued in reporters. There are others they may be willing to move up for too.
I think there is a Lance Zierlein mock just floated that has them taking Nix at #19.

No Way Wow GIF by NBA

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different positions. A-Jax plays a more important position than Ramsey.
And those teams could have had him if they tried to sign him before he signed his tender for the low low cost of a 2nd rounder. And nobody did yet we'll get one for him in a trade? Come on now. He'll be lucky to get a 5th in a trade.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Allbright is a beat guy but dude is more locked in on the league than many national reporters. You can believe Rams talking to teams about moving up.

Caveat that just like last year, we're not gonna sell the farm to do it so the price has to work and a team has to be willing to come down.
For who? Bowers? It would seem he is the unicorn that you can't get anywhere else in the draft. Unless they are thinking QB, which I find hard to believe, but who knows?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
which of the mock draft simulators do yall like the best? I’m kind of digging the ESPN one currently.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Listened to Allbright and basically sounds like Rams called Denver to discuss trade up.

He said offensive tackle. Says Rams want OT badly.
It was my understanding that the Rams were looking to move into the 1rst round LAST year for a Tackle, but the opportunity didn’t present itself.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
It was my understanding that the Rams were looking to move into the 1rst round LAST year for a Tackle, but the opportunity didn’t present itself.
If that’s the case, we can move up as far as pick 11 for just our second round pick (according to most trade value charts) if either Alt (unlikely) or Fashanu slips out of the top ten.

Any other tackle in this year’s class (except for Kiran Amegadjie, who we could take in the late second- of early third- round) would be better suited to RT or G, and therefore not worth the trade.

Memphis Ram

Legend

The OLine coach Ryan Wendall coached a guy in Buffalo who was seen as a potential guard coming out of college, too.

It's all about the height, IMO.

1713652997277.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agreed. I’m just saying the only players I’m trading up for are those three.

If we take a tackle, we could easily recoup a second by trading A-Jax. I don’t want to trade up for Fuaga or Fautanu; don’t want the former, and I’d be okay with the latter at #19. And Latham is on my DO NOT DRAFT list.
Don't think you're getting more than a 5th or a 2025 4th for AJ.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd say a cornerstone type position. Those include QB but Stafford is the guy they're counting on, and CB but they added a couple in FA so it feels like it won't be corner unless it falls a certain way. So I'd guess the move up would be for LT or Edge if it happens.

Media types saying they're hearing OT now. But that could be guesswork. Rams run a tight ship. Could be they are sweet on an edge, but I will say that the OT position feels quite strong at the top so they may have one guy targeted and if he gets to that point they jump and get him.
Allbright said on pod, this is not coming from other media, he's asked for confirmation from others on this and waiting but that Rams trading up for OT is coming from someone who "you can take it to the bank."

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Allbright said on pod, this is not coming from other media, he's asked for confirmation from others on this and waiting but that Rams trading up for OT is coming from someone who "you can take it to the bank."
Fautanu would be my guess. He can play G or T and would probably be the #7 or #8 on the depth chart, offering versatility depth this year, starting spot next year. A wise pick despite all the clamouring for Edge.

Then again, if it's for an Edge, who would it be? Verse? Latu? Turner?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Fautanu would be my guess. He can play G or T and would probably be the #7 or #8 on the depth chart, offering versatility depth this year, starting spot next year. A wise pick despite all the clamouring for Edge.

Then again, if it's for an Edge, who would it be? Verse? Latu? Turner?
Well, Allbright said it's for a tackle. So, not edge?

WestCoastRam

Legend

Rams talk starts 36:30.